The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Alex Pietrangelo to be named Blues' new captain

I just re-looked at his draft year cause I remember all the big, fearsome d-men that were going in that draft.

What a bi-polar first round that year.

12 defensemen taken, the large majority of whom have become excellent defensemen in the NHL (including a couple of superstars).

The forwards have Stamkos and Eberle who've become good-great players, a few guys that are ok, and just as many that have flamed right out of the NHL.

6th Overall in his draft class.  Good signs i hope for the likes of us lol. !! ^^ Not same player but could become similar his offence ant bad.

3rd being Schenn

4th being Bogosian

5th being Myers

6th being Pietrangelo

the best overall d in this past class was hands down Juolevi.  Pietrangelo is argubly the best in his class so I think we can look at this as a positive.  :D  Still early to tell but Juolevi is something special.  I hope he can one day be as good or even better the Pieterangelo.  I don't think thats unfair to expect but time will tell what we have on our hands.

I should correct myself Karlsson was also taken in this draft.  I suspect some would consider him the best d of the class.  But all around I think Peiterangelo is the better d despite karlssons massive offensie upside.  I kinda compare Karlsson to Sergachev and Pieterangelo.  

Al though Karlsson has more Norris' that trophy isnt meant for all around best d. its for point production at the back end these days.  I think its a solid comparison to consider Piet with Juolevi but i am by no means an expert.

cool story though . great captain selection! :D

Archived