The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hope Solo Suspended From USWNT For 6 Months Contract Terminated

SabreFan1

Surprisingly dumb thing to say, especially for an athlete that's seen so much international action.

Sweden won fairly 1 vs 1 against the goalie. Solo wasn't able to save any of the goals, except for the one. Sorry, Solo. You were not the better goalie. You ultimately cost the team the game. Live with it.

Honestly, she should never be allowed to represent US in any shape or form. I'm not American, but her poor attitude should never be allowed on any national team whatsoever.

This is the girl with those photos of herself on the Internet, right?  I don't know her story, but I can't help feeling somewhat sorry for her.  There must be some serious stuff in her past/ present that is affecting her decisions.  To me, and I don't know her from Adam, she seems a very unhappy girl.  

10 minutes ago, CaptainCanuck001 said:

Although I didn't agree with what she said, this is way OTT. Clearly the national program is done with her because if they actually needed her they would have let this slide under the rug just like they did with her domestic abuse case.

She's 35. They're definitely using this as an excuse to replace her (although their next most experienced keeper only has 8 caps).

Couldn't happen to a better person. Her prior history of bad behavior was also taken into account as apparently she has learned nothing from her prior suspension and discussions with the USWNT. Maybe it's time to hang up the cleats, Hope.....you've embarrassed your country quite enough.

3 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Bartender looks up..Hope Solo, Lochte & Tanya Harding walk into the bar...

(add punchline)...

Hope says "It didn't play fair, what a coward", Tonya whacks it with her cleverly disguised baton and Ryan runs out the door while urinating on himself screaming "It's got a gun", it's got a gun!!"

Poor bar......

3 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

Hope says "It didn't play fair, what a coward", Tonya whacks it with her cleverly disguised baton and Ryan runs out the door while urinating on himself screaming "It's got a gun", it's got a gun!!"

Poor bar......

I feel like you need to be on the wrong side of 50 to understand this one. 

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

This is the girl with those photos of herself on the Internet, right?  I don't know her story, but I can't help feeling somewhat sorry for her.  There must be some serious stuff in her past/ present that is affecting her decisions.  To me, and I don't know her from Adam, she seems a very unhappy girl.  

She definitely has issues.  The problem is, she has no interest in addressing them.  She'll probably become a miserable old coot down the line in her old age.

Archived