The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hope Solo Suspended From USWNT For 6 Months Contract Terminated

SabreFan1

11 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

A really intelligent and good looking guy already made the suggestion. ::D 

But as you have previously avowed with great emphasis......you have NEVER and would NEVER even watch DWTS so you've no idea of the ramifications of a dance combo comprised of those two!  :P

It would probably turn into Brawling With The Stars which might be rather entertaining considering Hopeless Solo's behavior previously on the show! :lol:

33 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

Really? I can't say I talked to many people about Ronaldo's comments but personally I thought they were pretty low of him too. Who cares if Iceland celebrated- it is a big deal for them to tie Portugal. It's like Latvia beating Canada in hockey. 

I'm not a fan of Ronaldo to begin with  but I thought he came off as a bit of a prick there.

As did I, but after he left the pitch in the final, the commentators continued to fall over themselves, looking for new ways to praise him. Going on about what a great job he was doing to encourage his teammates (what I saw was a guy yelling at his teammates, every time they made a mistake)...etc., etc...

It was like the Iceland comment never happened and he was the golden boy once again.

26 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

As did I, but after he left the pitch in the final, the commentators continued to fall over themselves, looking for new ways to praise him. Going on about what a great job he was doing to encourage his teammates (what I saw was a guy yelling at his teammates, every time they made a mistake)...etc., etc...

It was like the Iceland comment never happened and he was the golden boy once again.

Ronaldo is right up there with Marchand in terms of the sports world's biggest douchebags, at least in my books. I get that he can play soccer but he just seems like a dick. I can't believe a movie was made about him.

2 hours ago, Sean Monahan said:

Ronaldo is right up there with Marchand in terms of the sports world's biggest douchebags, at least in my books. I get that he can play soccer but he just seems like a dick. I can't believe a movie was made about him.

Ronaldo is actually a really great guy with his fans and the community

12 minutes ago, Silky mitts said:

Ronaldo is actually a really great guy with his fans and the community

I'm really torn about the guy. Knowing his journey to where he is now and how he treats people off the pitch makes me want to like him....but then he can be such an asshole on the pitch...

I hate Hope Solo, but I think the punishment was excessive. They could have easily just quietly never picked her again for USWNT and I think most people would have been fine with it. 

I'm wondering how many people saw the video of him grabbing a reporter's microphone out of his hand and throwing it in the river?

My guess is that he's a "great guy" when it suits him, but there are enough incidents like the one after the Iceland match that show his true colors.

• 6 months later...

.......... and she is toast!  Her mouth finally put the last nail in her own coffin.....

The U.S. national soccer team is moving on without Hope Solo:  https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/soccer-insider/wp/2017/03/06/the-u-s-national-soccer-team-finds-there-is-life-after-hope-solo/

Solo has said she is determined to rejoin the team before the World Cup. But she also called Ellis — the only person who could open the door to a comeback in the foreseeable future — a “poor leader and bad tactician.”

On ‎06‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 8:56 PM, SabreFan1 said:

.......... and she is toast!  Her mouth finally put the last nail in her own coffin.....

The U.S. national soccer team is moving on without Hope Solo:  https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/soccer-insider/wp/2017/03/06/the-u-s-national-soccer-team-finds-there-is-life-after-hope-solo/

Will her departure leave a gaping hole on the US National Team? 

Archived