The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Trouba Wants Out

taizzzz5

5 minutes ago, taizzzz5 said:

Bill Waters joined some show in Winnipeg and says Trouba wants out of the 'peg. Here is the link to the video 

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/watters-trouba-wants-out-of-winnipeg~936567

Personally I'd offer Tanev straight up 1 for 1 deal

That would be a good trade for our future, but doesn't it make more sense for the Islanders and the Jets to swap Trouba for Hamonic? 

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

That would be a good trade for our future, but doesn't it make more sense for the Islanders and the Jets to swap Trouba for Hamonic? 

For sure it makes sense, but didn't Hamonic resind his trade request?If I was Winnipeg,I'd be happy with Tanev. Their defence has sucked at defending since relocation.

24 minutes ago, Monty said:

If he goes, knowing Chevy's track record in the few trades he's done, he'll get a great return for him.

Wasn't even going to bother chiming in until you'd stopped by.

Not sure really what the value is.  A low first?  2nd and b prospect?

Trouba may have all of the potential in the world; but his value is about to be blown out of the water in regards to proportion by this forum in an hour or less.

Seth Jones signed a 6 year $5.4 million contract

Barrie 4 years $5.5 million

Larsson 6 year $25 million

Is trouba worth more than any of them or does he just straight up want out of Winnipeg?

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Edmonton will be a perfect fit for him.  Kassian and Lucic can teach him how to fool the urine test.

Isn't Lucic part Russian?B)

seriously, Lucic looks the way he does because he has a bone growth thing.  It gives him a hunch back, and other grotesque features.  I don't think it's steroids.  

Just now, King Heffy said:

Edmonton will be a perfect fit for him.  Kassian and Lucic can teach him how to fool the urine test.

Haha yup! I heard about Kassian from an inside source, and back in April when he was out with his "back injury" that we would never see him in a Canucks sweater again. Not surprised we pretty much paid to get rid of him, despite his goal production being around a 20 goals over a full season pace. 

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Isn't Lucic part Russian?B)

seriously, Lucic looks the way he does because he has a bone growth thing.  It gives him a hunch back, and other grotesque features.  I don't think it's steroids.  

Doesn't explain how he acts like a complete clown on and off the ice. It's pretty rare to see guys with behavior issues that serious without some chemical intervention.

12 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Wasn't even going to bother chiming in until you'd stopped by.

Not sure really what the value is.  A low first?  2nd and b prospect?

Trouba may have all of the potential in the world; but his value is about to be blown out of the water in regards to proportion by this forum in an hour or less.

Seth Jones signed a 6 year $5.4 million contract

Barrie 4 years $5.5 million

Larsson 6 year $25 million

Is trouba worth more than any of them or does he just straight up want out of Winnipeg?

I've always been led to believe that he was likely disappointed with this playing time. He's not getting top pairing minutes because of Byfuglien, and he's not getting first unit PP time, because of Byfuglien. This is the Jets' "problem" with being blessed with 3 terrific RHD.

I'm actually convinced that Trouba would be around the 35-40 point mark, if he wasn't paired with Mark Stuart (piss poor offensively and defensively) and getting 25+ minutes a night, with first unit PP time.

As for his worth? A low first is NOT going to cut it. He's an RFA and, whether he likes it or not (unsure), the Jets or any team he goes to holds all the cards. He can't do sh*t. 

If Chevy is smart, and let's be honest here:

Out: Ladd, Bogo, Kane

In: Myers, Stafford, Lemieux, Armia, 1st (Jack Roslovic, Dano, 1st (Logan Stanley)

Then I'm sure he'd not only trade Trouba out East, but would go for a LHD instead of stockpiling more draft picks.

10 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

IF it were Tanev for Trouba..coupla yrs later:

Juolevi ..Trouba

Hutton ..Gudbranson

Tree..Subban/Stecher

Be nice to have a back end loaded with size, mobility & offensive flair.

That's amazing. However, I think Winnipeg needs a LD more than another RD (Byfuglien, Myers etc.), so maybe a package involving Edler could work? Then we sign Russell to fill his spot if Juolevi isn't ready yet. 

Russell - Trouba

Tryamkin/Sbisa - Tanev

Hutton - Gudbranson

8 minutes ago, Pears said:

That's amazing. However, I think Winnipeg needs a LD more than another RD (Byfuglien, Myers etc.), so maybe a package involving Edler could work? Then we sign Russell to fill his spot if Juolevi isn't ready yet. 

Russell - Trouba

Tryamkin/Sbisa - Tanev

Hutton - Gudbranson

Recall these names coming up the past few months. Heard before of possibly Myers going back to the US(Beantown?). I could see Winn loving Buff & Tanev covering most of their RH-D minutes.

His brother signed there. & CT is a good soldier, low-maintenance Cdn lad, that market would probably love.

Your idea looks good, but hard to see Eddy waivin for Winnipeg?

3 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Recall these names coming up the past few months. Heard before of possibly Myers going back to the US(Beantown?). I could see Winn loving Buff & Tanev covering most of their RH-D minutes.

His brother signed there. & CT is a good soldier, low-maintenance Cdn lad, that market would probably love.

Your idea looks good, but hard to see Eddy waivin for Winnipeg?

I think Winnipeg would actually be licking their chops at a potential Edler - Byfuglien pair followed by Enstrom and Myers. Nothing but size and mobility in their top 4.  

Archived