The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Trouba Wants Out

taizzzz5

He has averaged 22-23 minutes of playing time the last few years so that shouldn't be an issue.,, those are solid minutes on a balanced D.  Maybe he isn't getting the premium PP time, but he isn't that sort of player anyways.

I don't think he is a fit for us, we need an offensively minded D to balance out the guys we have who are primarily defensive.  You can't rely on a sophomore in Hutton or a complete unknown like Larsen if you want more points from the back end.

Let some analytics oriented guy make us a nice offer for Tanev at some point... he is a darling from that angle.

Honestly, I take Tanev over him anyways if there are any question marks about his character and whether he will or won't develop more.

3 hours ago, King Heffy said:

To Winnipeg:
RNH

Yakupov

To Edmonton:

Trouba

Burmistrov

I just cant see the Jets wanting to deal with any Canadian team, I think they want a piece of the out of province market, so I cannot see a Canadian team getting him. Theres almost too many other options that aren't Canadian that probably have what they need. Speaking of need do they not need a new defenceman? They would need to address the hole no?

8 hours ago, Realtor Rod said:

It would take Edler or Tanev and one of fresh young first or second rounders. Virt, Boeser, Demko etc.

Why is it when a trade proposal is written on these boards, there is a feeling of inferiority... The Canucks don't always have to overpay to trade. That is a complete myth.

10 hours ago, Alflives said:

That would be a good trade for our future, but doesn't it make more sense for the Islanders and the Jets to swap Trouba for Hamonic? 

Hamonic has stated he wants to stay with the Islanders now, whatever family issues were happening have been resolved (which is good for him!)

10 hours ago, taizzzz5 said:

For sure it makes sense, but didn't Hamonic resind his trade request?If I was Winnipeg,I'd be happy with Tanev. Their defence has sucked at defending since relocation.

Ours would too if we trade Tanev

9 hours ago, Pears said:

That's amazing. However, I think Winnipeg needs a LD more than another RD (Byfuglien, Myers etc.), so maybe a package involving Edler could work? Then we sign Russell to fill his spot if Juolevi isn't ready yet. 

Russell - Trouba

Tryamkin/Sbisa - Tanev

Hutton - Gudbranson

It could perhaps work for Winnipeg but it hurts us. Edler is better than Russell by a long shot. Russell is really a 4/5 dman. While people here can harp on Edler, he is still a 2/3, but has been forced into a number 1 role, which he really isn't suited for. This is why when we saw him with Karlsson in the Olympics he looked like the stud number 2 he is.

Also, by making that trade we're stacked on the right but weak on the left, not a good position to be in. Sure Tryamkin and Hutton look good but they still need some sheltered minutes and I don't think we traded for Gud to put him in as the number 5/6.

Now right Dmen are at a Premium so perhaps that means you move Tanev and a pick for a left side PMD? THAT in my view could work but moving parts makes deals harder and more risky - difficult to execute in REALITY vs some of the NHL 16 trades I often see here ( not suggesting yours is).

The issue below is you basically take out our top 2 pairing for a new top 2 and cross your fingers..big risk when Edler / Tanev while not an 'elite' top 2 is still pretty damn good

PMD / Trouba

Hutton / Gudbranson

Tryamkin / Sbisa /Larsson

8 minutes ago, Sedin Brothers said:

If you didn't trade Tanev for Trouba, you would be idiotic. Hopefully you were saying "lol" because Tanev alone would not get the deal done.

I am not sure why people think a 1-1 deal is 'So absurd'

Let's look at it objectively

1. Trouba is bigger and is more physical -ok points Trouba

2. Trouba 4 years younger and lower contract but will be likely making more than Tanev when he resigns - so adv Trouba but only marginally because of his next contract

3. Trouba has basically had the same number of points as Tanev over the last 2 years. Not sure why people are so 'high on him' when it comes to points - he's not even close to edler numbers for instance

4. Tanev is a far superior defender - and is arguably one of the top 5 defensive defenseman in the NHL. While Tanev is not a 'sexy' player he is a player that wins you games by shutting down other team's top lines (stats and eye test prove that out). People always seem to underestimate that talent.

5. Trouba doesn't do anything 'exceptionally'. Yes he was drafted high, yes he has alot of potential but Tanev is "proving" it and has and is only 26.

I think alot of people here are really underestimating the value of Chris Tanev. In my view, the bigger issue is Winnipeg really has no need for Tanev with Buff and Myers as their top 2 RD. Tanev for them is redundant and ill utilized as their 3rd RD (or Myers would be).

Trouba will be moved but not for another RD, that's likely why he will be moved, they don't want to be paying a 3rd RD 5 mil a year

I love CDC for it's ridiculous player value assessments. Roberto Luongo wants out of Vancouver (and for a GOOD reason, not a bad attitude reason). Here's a guy who was a team leader (he was our captain), was the active career leader in SV% in the NHL, had a good cap hit for a starting goalie, was a core player and had one terrific attitude about the whole way he was treated. Folks on here thought we'd be lucky to get a 2nd for him. Along comes Jacob Trouba who also wants out of his own city due to playing time (what else would it be other than who the heck wants to live in the PEG). He has yet to play a full season in the NHL (came close last year), hasn't broken 30 points yet (and seems to be in steady decline since his rookie year) and is demanding a salary equivalent to players that have proven much more than he has (a little over-valuing himself?)...and CDC wants to send our top defenseman + a top prospect + 40 picks + your wife to get him. I just don't get the valuation criteria on here.

10 hours ago, Monty said:

I've always been led to believe that he was likely disappointed with this playing time. He's not getting top pairing minutes because of Byfuglien, and he's not getting first unit PP time, because of Byfuglien. This is the Jets' "problem" with being blessed with 3 terrific RHD.

I'm actually convinced that Trouba would be around the 35-40 point mark, if he wasn't paired with Mark Stuart (piss poor offensively and defensively) and getting 25+ minutes a night, with first unit PP time.

As for his worth? A low first is NOT going to cut it. He's an RFA and, whether he likes it or not (unsure), the Jets or any team he goes to holds all the cards. He can't do sh*t. 

If Chevy is smart, and let's be honest here:

Out: Ladd, Bogo, Kane

In: Myers, Lemieux, Armia, 1st (Jack Roslovix), Dano, 1st (Logan Stanley)

Then I'm sure he'd not only trade Trouba out East, but would go for a LHD instead of stockpiling more draft picks.

No question out of nowhere Chevy is getting max value for almost every move he makes.  It's really impressive for a guy who was rumoured to be on the hot seat for inactivity last year and I am envious at the crazy wealth the Peg is building.  Arguably the most skilled and deepest prospect pool of kids under 22 in the entire league

If the rumours are true though and he is really pushing that hard I cannot see GMs willing to pay that premium even for that coveted RHD.  People here still seem to believe that tanev or Edler or scraps will do it which obviously won't happen.

But I don't see that amazing return happening again unless it's another package with these rumours out there

11 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Wasn't even going to bother chiming in until you'd stopped by.

Not sure really what the value is.  A low first?  2nd and b prospect?

Trouba may have all of the potential in the world; but his value is about to be blown out of the water in regards to proportion by this forum in an hour or less.

Seth Jones signed a 6 year $5.4 million contract

Barrie 4 years $5.5 million

Larsson 6 year $25 million

Is trouba worth more than any of them or does he just straight up want out of Winnipeg?

I think it has more to do with the depth chart and roles on the team, but that's just a guess.  I'm sure the money would be about the same anywhere.

On 8/25/2016 at 7:50 AM, ABNuck said:

I love CDC for it's ridiculous player value assessments. Roberto Luongo wants out of Vancouver (and for a GOOD reason, not a bad attitude reason). Here's a guy who was a team leader (he was our captain), was the active career leader in SV% in the NHL, had a good cap hit for a starting goalie, was a core player and had one terrific attitude about the whole way he was treated. Folks on here thought we'd be lucky to get a 2nd for him. Along comes Jacob Trouba who also wants out of his own city due to playing time (what else would it be other than who the heck wants to live in the PEG). He has yet to play a full season in the NHL (came close last year), hasn't broken 30 points yet (and seems to be in steady decline since his rookie year) and is demanding a salary equivalent to players that have proven much more than he has (a little over-valuing himself?)...and CDC wants to send our top defenseman + a top prospect + 40 picks + your wife to get him. I just don't get the valuation criteria on here.

Okay....?  I know what you mean, but as it turned out, Luongo was actually traded for a former 2nd round pick that was an apparent full bust, plus we retained salary.  Yeah, we got Matthias, but he's clearly an unwanted spare part.  Luongo's value turned out to be dramatically lower than the majority of pipe dreams on CDC.

I have no idea what Tanev's value is, but I'm thinking that you are a lot more skeptical of Trouba than the rest of the league is.

1 hour ago, BabychStache said:

I don't get the Trouba hype. 

Good player and all and should continue to improve but yeah...solid #2-3 in his prime if he reaches his ceiling.

Good player but nothing we need to go all gangbusters for and overpay in trades with Tanev + Boeser proposals for etc. And we already have a bunch of guys who project or are in that wheelhouse.

Archived