The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Trouba Wants Out

taizzzz5

29 minutes ago, Monty said:

Yup. RNH, while a talented player and actually underrated in his two way game, is also overpaid. Trouba has and can play 25 minutes a night, and thrives in those minutes as well. 

Edmonton would definitely have to add, a lot. If it took them Hall to get Larsson, a trade outside the Conference, getting Trouba inside the Western Conference would cost the Oilers a ransom. I'm no expert, but I would say the Oilers would have to ditch the idea of RNH in a trade and think about either Draisaitl or Puljujarvi.

That and it's EDM. They're going to have to overpay until/when they get themselves out of the mess they created.

45 minutes ago, Monty said:

Yup. RNH, while a talented player and actually underrated in his two way game, is also overpaid. Trouba has and can play 25 minutes a night, and thrives in those minutes as well. 

Edmonton would definitely have to add, a lot. If it took them Hall to get Larsson, a trade outside the Conference, getting Trouba inside the Western Conference would cost the Oilers a ransom. I'm no expert, but I would say the Oilers would have to ditch the idea of RNH in a trade and think about either Draisaitl or Puljujarvi.

Winnipeg has less of a need for wingers with Ehlers, Laine, Wheeler, Kyle Connor (in their system). The seem to have a bigger hole at 2c (a real 2c who's not aging) and on LD.

I could see a conversation starting with Draisatl for sure but question is would they accept RNH - its not a bad trade. Its not easy to score 56 points in the NHL and given the team he is on RNH would likely put up stronger numbers with Winnipeg.

You suggest RNH is overpaid, and he is for his output, he should really be paid around 4.5 mil for his stats, but trouba wants and expects 6 mil so its a wash. And RNH is alot closer to proving he's worth 6 than Trouba is. He's had one good year, and there's a reason Winnipeg traded for a 2nd pair RD in Meyers.

Perhaps some here are over estimating Trouba's talent given his one good year and draft position, just something to think about. The pro's running the team clearly wanted an upgrade when they brought in Meyers, that should say alot to most here if they are being objective.

2 hours ago, Nuckles80 said:

You suggest RNH is overpaid, and he is for his output, he should really be paid around 4.5 mil for his stats, but trouba wants and expects 6 mil so its a wash. And RNH is alot closer to proving he's worth 6 than Trouba is. He's had one good year, and there's a reason Winnipeg traded for a 2nd pair RD in Meyers.

There's no way in hell Trouba gets $6.0M. Defensemen that are better/further in their development than Trouba didn't even get close to $6M. He'll likely sign a bridge contract just north of $4M annually over 2 years. If he demands more then 1 of 2 things are clear. 

1) He has no interest in playing for Winnipeg.

2) If he is traded and still demands that much, he'll be sitting on the side lines and making ZERO dollars until he finally fires his agent for giving him horrible advice and then signs a fair bridge deal.

3 hours ago, Nuckles80 said:

Trouba is not better than Larson  - Trouba has done nothing other than have one good year and since then he's had numbers pretty much even to tanev without tanev's top 5 NHL defensive defenseman type play

Trouba still has potential but so does RNH and 56 pts on EDM is nothing to sneeze at.

As for his $6 mil well have you seen what Trouba wants for his pitiful output? I think you're ignoring alot of facts here

Larsson matched his career high of THREE goals last year...For their careers, Trouba has scored 3 points more than Larsson in 63 fewer games played. Both player are the same size. Larsson is a bit better defensively, although Trouba's career +/- is a bit better. So at worst it's a wash. But most people will tell you that Trouba has a higher ceiling.

21 hours ago, oldnews said:

Chychrun reminds me of Trouba to some extent - tremendous natural talent - all the gifts you could ask for - but will he have/develop the mental side of the game it takes to be truly elite. 

I wouldn't be too quick to let go of Trouba though - imo both sides should settle on a bridge contract and enable each to revisit his true market value at a reasonable interval - perhaps two years.

Tanev - whatever people may think of him, one thing is undeniable imo - he thinks the game at an elite level - his anticipation, reading of the play, is a step ahead - and imo, the brain is the most important muscle.  I simply do not consider moving Tanev unless you're dealing with a GM that truly values that to the extent it should be, otherwise I doubt Tanev returns his true value, which imo exceeds his underlying numbers and the fact he's a darling of the analytics community.  I also think that Tanev has the tools to emerge as a greater offensive factor and that having a deeper bottom 4 could impact him in very positive ways.  His puck moving is outstanding imo, and his shot is probably under-rated - once he's freed up a bit in a role/matchup sense, we could see his production jump - and it's already been 22 pts per 82 over the past three seasons, in less than conducive conditions.   Given his cap hit, his intangibles and what I think is even more latent potential, (unless his value is realized in the way Larsson's was)  Tanev would be on my virtually untouchable list.

Very much agree about Tanev's mental game and puck-moving ability, but I'd keep any hopes for offensive improvement modest until there's results from the work he planned to do on his shot over the summer.  If he does develop a shot that defenders have to respect, that would certainly open up a whole range of other possibilities for a player with his smarts, but we're not there yet.

Tanev is definitely undervalued and don't see us winning any deal with him in it just yet.  Maybe in a few years that will change if he does improve offensively.  With Stecher and Gudbranson in the fold and Subban coming on, our right side is in good shape, and so is our left with Hutton, Juolevi, Tryamkin and Sbisa.  After all the work he's done to fix our D, I can't see JB taking another big gamble on a young player like Trouba given what the cost will be.  So I'm just looking forward to seeing what we've got on the back end. 

5 minutes ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

Very much agree about Tanev's mental game and puck-moving ability, but I'd keep any hopes for offensive improvement modest until there's results from the work he planned to do on his shot over the summer.  If he does develop a shot that defenders have to respect, that would certainly open up a whole range of other possibilities for a player with his smarts, but we're not there yet.

Tanev is definitely undervalued and don't see us winning any deal with him in it just yet.  Maybe in a few years that will change if he does improve offensively.  With Stecher and Gudbranson in the fold and Subban coming on, our right side is in good shape, and so is our left with Hutton, Juolevi, Tryamkin and Sbisa.  After all the work he's done to fix our D, I can't see JB taking another big gamble on a young player like Trouba given what the cost will be.  So I'm just looking forward to seeing what we've got on the back end. 

My point wasn't limited to Tanev improving his shot though - there is the additional aspect of the team having imo a far greater supporting cast of shutdown D - Gudbranson, Tryamkin and Sbisa - all of whom could/should lighten the matchup burden on both Tanev and Edler somewhat.   That alone, whether or not Tanev improves, could positively effect his production - as would the additional depth that the forward group has imo.

1 minute ago, oldnews said:

My point wasn't limited to Tanev improving his shot though - there is the additional aspect of the team having imo a far greater supporting cast of shutdown D - Gudbranson, Tryamkin and Sbisa - all of whom could/should lighten the matchup burden on both Tanev and Edler somewhat.   That alone, whether or not Tanev improves, could positively effect his production - as would the additional depth that the forward group has imo.

No question that the matchup burden should be lighter, which could mean more O-zone starts.  We'll see if Willie plays it that way or just rolls the D over.  On paper, our pairings are fairly suited to the latter since they're pretty balanced in terms of offensive and defensive capability. 

11 minutes ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

No question that the matchup burden should be lighter, which could mean more O-zone starts.  We'll see if Willie plays it that way or just rolls the D over.  On paper, our pairings are fairly suited to the latter since they're pretty balanced in terms of offensive and defensive capability. 

I think the blueline has the potential to be as good as it's been in a long time.

I look at the 2011 SCF version -

Edler, Hamhuis, Ehrhoff, Bieksa, Salo, Alberts, Rome

Edler, Gudbranson, Hutton, Tanev,  Sbisa, Tryamkin, Larsen, Pedan

For me there's the potential there to be that good a group, with the wildcards being whether Hutton achieves Ehrhoff quality (I think he certainly has the ability to be a better two way D, and may have the upside) - the other tall order is to match Salo's quality (perhaps Tryamkin can manage that?), but otherwise, I think I like the depth as much and think the 6/7 spots may actually be better and harder to play against.

3 hours ago, oldnews said:

I think the blueline has the potential to be as good as it's been in a long time.

I look at the 2011 SCF version -

Edler, Hamhuis, Ehrhoff, Bieksa, Salo, Alberts, Rome

Edler, Gudbranson, Hutton, Tanev,  Sbisa, Tryamkin, Larsen, Pedan

For me there's the potential there to be that good a group, with the wildcards being whether Hutton achieves Ehrhoff quality (I think he certainly has the ability to be a better two way D, and may have the upside) - the other tall order is to match Salo's quality (perhaps Tryamkin can manage that?), but otherwise, I think I like the depth as much and think the 6/7 spots may actually be better and harder to play against.

Agreed:  I'm actually pretty excited to see what we've got back there.  After what we saw from him in the spring, it's pretty incredible to think that Tryamkin could start at 7 on the depth chart if Larsen meets expectations.  The depth is definitely taking form and will only be more impressive when Stecher and Juolevi phase in.  This group could have an intimidation factor that has been missing since Jovo and combine it with decent puck moving and solid defensive play.  We'll see if it can match the offensive firepower of the 2010-1 group, but on the whole it could be a more imposing unit. 

20 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

Typical BIAS canucks fans. Please try to stay neutral.  Tanev for Trouba is NOT a fair trade 

Right?

I love both the Canucks and the Jets, and follow the Jets retardedly closely. Fact is, the Jets have 3 RHD they wouldn't trade for any of the Canucks current defensive unit. Tanev is an incredibly smart hockey player, but Jets brass and fans (not like fans have any say), would not see fair value at all with Trouba going to any team in the West, especially one they'd battle a wildcard spot with, for anything less than a huge overpayment. Tanev alone is not even close to enough.

2 minutes ago, Monty said:

Right?

I love both the Canucks and the Jets, and follow the Jets retardedly closely. Fact is, the Jets have 3 RHD they wouldn't trade for any of the Canucks current defensive unit. Tanev is an incredibly smart hockey player, but Jets brass and fans (not like fans have any say), would not see fair value at all with Trouba going to any team in the West, especially one they'd battle a wildcard spot with, for anything less than a huge overpayment. Tanev alone is not even close to enough.

Would the Jets like Edler? I've always thought he and Byfuglien would be a tremendous pair together. 

Just now, Pears said:

Would the Jets like Edler? I've always thought he and Byfuglien would be a tremendous pair together. 

Sure, but not for Trouba.

Edler is broken and not the player people thought he would become. The Jets already have a Swedish defenseman, who is also underperforming, and is also on the wrong side of 30.

The Jets haven't stock piled the most impressive collection of prospects and young talent in the league for aging players that are on the downswing.

If Edler (waiving his clause) for Trouba were to occur, expect the Jets to request one of their better prospects in return.

But as I've always maintained, just like when the Jets had Kane and people in here were coming up with the most brutal proposals for him (hey, just like this one for Trouba), if the Jets trade him, it will be to an Eastern team, not a competing wildcard team in the West where they'd face him all the time in the regular season and in the playoffs.

37 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

Typical BIAS canucks fans. Please try to stay neutral.  Tanev for Trouba is NOT a fair trade 

Please try and stay neutral ahahahah,

People have overrated  Trouba and underrated Tanev. Tanev isn't a secret anymore. The guy is a legit number 2 defencemen in the NHL. Just led Canada to a world championships  victory. You can even make the case for Tanev to be in the world cup team. 

P.s how have the jets stunk for the majority of their existence?  On paper they always look solid. 

On 8/24/2016 at 8:10 PM, on the cycle said:

Would make more sense to trade Edler over Tanev.

Why?

We'd have Trouba and Gudbranson to fill the Tanev void. 

I really like the line of Edler Trouba, plus Trouba is a RHD, so it makes sense to pair him with a LHD.

Edler is only 30, it's not like his career is over.

4 minutes ago, taizzzz5 said:

People have overrated  Trouba and underrated Tanev. Tanev isn't a secret anymore. The guy is a legit number 2 defencemen in the NHL. Just led Canada to a world championships  victory. You can even make the case for Tanev to be in the world cup team. 

P.s how have the jets stunk for the majority of their existence?  On paper they always look solid. 

Have you been to WINTERPIG?  :lol::lol::lol:

12 minutes ago, taizzzz5 said:

They're both overrated on here IMO:lol:

Archived