The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Trouba Wants Out

taizzzz5

On 8/24/2016 at 8:06 PM, Realtor Rod said:

It would take Edler or Tanev and one of fresh young first or second rounders. Virt, Boeser, Demko etc.

Agreed,

That seems reasonable, nearly every team in the league would take a shot, COL would break the bank for him. ur offer would need to be VERY good.

On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 0:54 PM, Nuckles80 said:

suggest you read all the prior posts from others... you've never played hockey in your life i get it - hard to understand and appreciate talent when you've never played competitively

I see that alot! No worries!

Never played hockey in his life.................would you consider the WHL competive? 

1 minute ago, LaBamba said:

They have a surplus of assets to move. 

Assets that they'll need to fill in their core for the future. They don't really have a strong top 6 or bottom 4 D.

Trading any one of Domi, Strome, Chychrun, or Dvorak right now would be counterproductive IMO. They're not close to being a contender, might as well keep doing what they're doing.

7 minutes ago, Lui's Knob said:

Maybe we'll be fortunate to get a Chayka esque GM one day... Shrewd GM 

The Canucks will never be in a position to take on dead cap weight in order to get young assets, so it won't matter.

He's made a couple decent moves so far. Lets hold off on claiming him the next great GM though.

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Assets that they'll need to fill in their core for the future. They don't really have a strong top 6 or bottom 4 D.

Trading any one of Domi, Strome, Chychrun, or Dvorak right now would be counterproductive IMO. They're not close to being a contender, might as well keep doing what they're doing.

I don't know man. it's takes a really long time to draft and develop defensemen. A rule of thumb is full potential 8 years from the day they were drafted. I think it's hard for a team in their position to pass on a guy like this. 

1 minute ago, LaBamba said:

I don't know man. it's takes a really long time to draft and develop defensemen. A rule of thumb is full potential 8 years from the day they were drafted. I think it's hard for a team in their position to pass on a guy like this. 

Strome, Dvorak, and Keller are both still 3 to 5 years away from entering their prime. Until those guys reach that level there's no rush.

I think they'd be smarter to just develop guys like Chychrun and DeAngelo into the top 4 D-men they need. To give up a core guy like Domi or Strome right now would hurt them in the long run.

@DeNiro

Big thing to remember with the Yotes is that they need playoff revenue of any kind, and they need it now.

You're right, they aren't close to being a contender. But the reality for some teams is that, unless they can spend to the cap, they'll never be able to be a contender. I don't think the Coyote management team have any delusions in regards to the future of their team. However, they can be a team to make the playoffs, generate a few million in playoff revenue, which helps big time when they are losing so much during the rest of the season.

Picking up Trouba, while trading one, likely two of their young forwards to get him won't hurt much, as they are flushed with forward prospects to unload.

EDIT: And to add, I can see them being dumb enough to part with Strome + Garland or Strome + Chychrun to get help immediately on the backend. This isn't a team that can afford to keep rebuilding; regardless of how great their prospects are looking at this point.

6 hours ago, Monty said:

@DeNiro

Big thing to remember with the Yotes is that they need playoff revenue of any kind, and they need it now.

You're right, they aren't close to being a contender. But the reality for some teams is that, unless they can spend to the cap, they'll never be able to be a contender. I don't think the Coyote management team have any delusions in regards to the future of their team. However, they can be a team to make the playoffs, generate a few million in playoff revenue, which helps big time when they are losing so much during the rest of the season.

Picking up Trouba, while trading one, likely two of their young forwards to get him won't hurt much, as they are flushed with forward prospects to unload.

EDIT: And to add, I can see them being dumb enough to part with Strome + Garland or Strome + Chychrun to get help immediately on the backend. This isn't a team that can afford to keep rebuilding; regardless of how great their prospects are looking at this point.

That would be true if they were only a player like Trouba away from being a playoff team. I don't think they are.

So really it doesn't speed up their timeline of being a playoff team, especially if it means parting with their future number one center that they've needed for ages.

One step forward, two steps back IMO. They've already got OEL, they should focus on filing more important needs first.

Just now, DeNiro said:

That would be true if they were only a player like Trouba away from being a playoff team. I don't think they are.

So really it doesn't speed up their timeline of being a playoff team, especially if it means parting with their future number one center that they've needed for ages.

One step forward, two steps back IMO. They've already got OEL, they should focus on filing more important needs first.

Gotta give to get. And they won't get a RHD of Trouba's caliber without giving up a major asset. So if the rumors are true that they've inquired, which I don't doubt as I'm sure every team has inquired, they'll need to give up something of significance in order to beef up an area they are terrible at. OEL alone can't keep things together (see: Karlsson).

3 minutes ago, Monty said:

Gotta give to get. And they won't get a RHD of Trouba's caliber without giving up a major asset. So if the rumors are true that they've inquired, which I don't doubt as I'm sure every team has inquired, they'll need to give up something of significance in order to beef up an area they are terrible at. OEL alone can't keep things together (see: Karlsson).

Anthony DeAngelo will likely be NHL ready in a couple seasons. I don't see them making the playoffs before then anyways, with or without Trouba.

Playoffs should not be the Coyotes only concern. Long term stability also has to be considered. A young star like Strome can be their replacement for Doan. That will put more butts in the seats than a player like Trouba will. They've got a young exciting group of forwards coming up through the pipeline, no need to mess with it.

Archived