The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Rangers sign F Brandon Pirri [1 year x $1.1M]

3 minutes ago, Lulover88 said:

I would have been interested to see what Pirri might do ..  the problem is , its a big MIGHT .. 

If there is one thing I trust , Its Jim Bennings evaluation of talent .  He must of had his reasons for not signing Pirri or Hudler .

Lets give this man a chance  and see what he's got up his sleeve . 

He may just surprise us 

I think Benning knew that Pirri had his entire skeletal structure discombobulated by that hit from Tryamkin last season.

1 hour ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

The function is to discredit him, I'm surprised that went over your head. As of late, Grimace has been a primary source on a Hudler signing, Edler trade, and rumors of Pirri to Van. I'm just making sure he doesn't continue to be sourced on here.

Oh, no, I got that. But people wouldn't even hear of these crappy accounts if other people didn't quote them. "Huh, seen this guy in a couple of threads, maybe I should follow him now that Tanbir's gone..."

And to create a whole new thread based on a rumour from an account no one cares about just to discredit him?

YaKOEl8.gif

But Pirri: one year, low cap, not much risk.

2 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

Oh, no, I got that. But people wouldn't even hear of these crappy accounts if other people didn't quote them. "Huh, seen this guy in a couple of threads, maybe I should follow him now that Tanbir's gone..."

And to create a whole new thread based on a rumour from an account no one cares about just to discredit him?

YaKOEl8.gif

Yes, because this is all about purplegrimace......:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Provost said:

One blogger is suggesting that the Rangers are going to trade a top forward now with Pirri and Vesey onboard and are looking for D.

They mentioned Lindholm and Tanev as possibilities.

Not sure if there is any fit as we would need a top pairing D to replace Tanev if we traded him.

Trying to spitball a trade though and it is hard to come up with a realistic one.

To NYR

Tanev

Etem

To Vancouver

Kreider

Klein

Prospect? 

That doesn't seem to make us much better and arguably worse since it is way harder to find a top pairing D than a 2nd line forward.

Or maybe a smaller deal for Sbisa..

That's not too far off value wise. Tanev surely can fetch kreider +  

Luca likely has low value right now so I don't know if they would include kreider + for him 

I'd be all over 

Tanev for Zibanejad combo too but obviously they wouldn't trade for him and then flip him right away 

22 minutes ago, Lulover88 said:

I would have been interested to see what Pirri might do ..  the problem is , its a big MIGHT .. 

If there is one thing I trust , Its Jim Bennings evaluation of talent .  He must of had his reasons for not signing Pirri or Hudler .

Lets give this man a chance  and see what he's got up his sleeve . 

He may just surprise us 

Well said, I don't think Pirri was the guy anyway.

I do have a feeling there will be a trade sometime in September involving a defenseman for a forward.

19 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

YaKOEl8.gif

And back to the ignore list with you.

Not surprised whatsover to see none of these "to Vancouver" rumours turn out to be f.o.s.

Hudler, Pirri - not really what this team is looking or needs to add.

I'm just as content to let Baertschi, Etem, Granlund, Gaunce  play those minutes, and imo not one of them are as soft or one-dimensional as Hudler or Pirri.

To NYR;

Pedan

pick

To Van:

Jesper Fast

2 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

The thread was fun until he showed up. Dude doesn't understand comedy. For some people it's all about semantics. Can't get much smaller than to argue pedantics in an online forum.

We'll make it fun again. Nuts to him!

46 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

Snore.

That control freak thing of yours....

Only elvis could spend years attempting to mini-moderate all the content on an internet forum with thousands of posters lol.

Years later and still annoyingly chasing the monotonous, off-topic, sidetracking futility of it.

Best of luck with that.

Image result for chasing tail gif

11 minutes ago, GarthButcher5 said:

I don't think Pirri was the guy anyway.

For me ,this is the real point ..

was a player like Pirri actually going to lift this team in a signifigant enough way ,to actually change our status to true Stanley cup contenders ?   

In my humble opinion ..  the answer is no way . He would be just as much of a project as some of the young unproven players we have now .

The trade route seems like a good alternative .  Just as long as we get younger in that said trade . or at least trade for a player close to the age as the one we are letting go .

again , just my opinion 

Archived