The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Rangers sign F Brandon Pirri [1 year x $1.1M]

23 minutes ago, mpt said:

There are many instances where that isn't true, some players don't want to play for a team that is going to miss the playoffs when they can play for contenders;  this thread is no difference and so does the Hamhuis and Hudler threads

huh?

5 hours ago, Baer. said:

@Captain Woodget $3.5M :wacko:

He has a better agent in CDCP then :P

He clearly became desperate for job security. No other reason to sign so cheaply, unless he bizarrely thinks the Rangers are contenders.

4 minutes ago, Captain Woodget said:

He has a better agent in CDCP then :P

He clearly became desperate for job security. No other reason to sign so cheaply, unless he bizarrely thinks the Rangers are contenders.

If his agent in CDCP was better, he'd be signed right now :ph34r:

IMO we missed out. But without a F trade on the horizon, we didn't have room. Especially the kind of room Pirri needs to score another 20.

NYR will undoubtedly move a contract or two to make things work.

Probably Rick Nash plus "anyone who isn't Stepan or Kreider" for a D.

If they're smart they will move a heavy D contract for "any offer imaginable" to a cap floor team.

3 hours ago, cripplereh said:

decent pick up for the rangers and glad we never signed him!!!

Canucks looking like they will garbage this year just like the Eagles.

Both will miss the playoffs and struggle to even win their respective divisions.

Nice moves by the Rangers stealing Vesey and Pirri.

4 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

So aside from Ericsson who had the Sedins and a Swedish connection which NH er have the Canucks signed who actually wanted to come here on his own?

They struck out on Hudler, Gagner, Pirri pretty much every single guy they have targeted.

Jooris, Knight are the only ones pretty much left.

Personally I don't think JB was even interested in them really, not seriously at least. They're not at all what he said he was looking for.

6 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

So aside from Ericsson who had the Sedins and a Swedish connection which NH er have the Canucks signed who actually wanted to come here on his own?

They struck out on Hudler, Gagner, Pirri pretty much every single guy they have targeted.

Jooris signed with cbj

6 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

Quality over quantity brosef 

39 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Quality over quantity brosef 

the quality is tbd tho, we will get a decent idea how this team fares around the christmas break. Most other teams in our division will have their crap figured out by then. The new year will be a dog fight and that seems to be the time serious injuries happen.

2 hours ago, ice orca said:

the quality is tbd tho, we will get a decent idea how this team fares around the christmas break. Most other teams in our division will have their crap figured out by then. The new year will be a dog fight and that seems to be the time serious injuries happen.

Base on precedent I would find it tough to argue against Louis quality.  My only concern is concussion history, being new to the west game in game out and still not really sold on the contract in general.

15 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

Both will miss the playoffs and struggle to even win their respective divisions.

Chip have another drink and slacken your belt a bit. You don't know for sure JB went after any of them. How does "big" and "scoring" describe these flat liners?

35 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

How many teams signed a free agent 30-goal scorer this off-season?

Hudler,Vrbata,Stamkos,Ericsson, so like 4 off the top of my head.

I'm saying it's probably not enough to think Ericsson being Vrbata good first year wise will be enough to sneak into a wild card spot.

The Canucks will have their usual injuries to the d core and one or two forward injuries will torpedo their season because they are paper thin depth wise up front in terms of proven guys.

19 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

garbage??? we got better and before Sutter and our D got injured we were in a good spot to be in the playoffs,but injuries and only injuries made us miss the playoffs.Since we got faster and bigger on D we will be better and if we stay healthy we will be in the mix of being in the playoffs. .I just do not understand how fans see us being worse then last year or not fighting for a playoff spot.it might be the eastern analyst's not watching us and having no clue about western teams hat put us down that fans here buy into.

12 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

garbage??? we got better and before Sutter and our D got injured we were in a good spot to be in the playoffs,but injuries and only injuries made us miss the playoffs.Since we got faster and bigger on D we will be better and if we stay healthy we will be in the mix of being in the playoffs. .I just do not understand how fans see us being worse then last year or not fighting for a playoff spot.it might be the eastern analyst's not watching us and having no clue about western teams hat put us down that fans here buy into.

I would be very surprised if the Canucks make the playoffs next year without help from other teams underperforming or being drilled by injuries.

I just don't see where the goals will come from from the forwards and especially the d.

Sutter has never hit the 50 point mark in his career.

He is a third liner unless proven otherwise.

This team has too many question marks no one on the d core outside of Elder and Hutton can be safely expected to put up 30  points.

yes but lets say we get over 20 goals from Sutter which he does every year,baer and horvat are better,our D group will be bigger and faster meaning teams will have a harder time to score and most games last year we were in till the end meaning this year we will be better so i see us fighting for a spot.

Archived