The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Rangers sign F Brandon Pirri [1 year x $1.1M]

8 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Another one mr.Purple Grimace got wrong.

Good term for the Rangers, should be a good fit for Pirri as well. 

Old Grimace is proving to be a real clown of the ass.

And really, what other Grimace is their but a purple one?

9 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Another one mr.Purple Grimace got wrong.

Good term for the Rangers, should be a good fit for Pirri as well. 

Was that ever going to be a surprise to anyone? Stop giving attention to people who haven't earned it yet.

But we'll see how this works for the Rangers.

6 minutes ago, Nuckles80 said:

Good! He's earned the chance to have a real solid look and it should be his to lose unless we brought in someone significantly better, and Pirri/Hudler do not qualify as that!

Yup, not disappointed. I've been penciling him there all summer ::D

Just now, J.R. said:

Yup, not disappointed. I've been penciling him there all summer ::D

I have a feeling he's going to have a very good year. His game was showing all the signs of it (driving play, being strong in the corners, and playing well defensively for the last 1/2 of the year). As long as he continues on that path, I would not be surprised to see him hit 45 points (assuming he actually gets some quality pp time)

6 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

Was that ever going to be a surprise to anyone? Stop giving attention to people who haven't earned it yet.

But we'll see how this works for the Rangers.

The function is to discredit him, I'm surprised that went over your head. As of late, Grimace has been a primary source on a Hudler signing, Edler trade, and rumors of Pirri to Van. I'm just making sure he doesn't continue to be sourced on here.

3 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

The function is to discredit him, I'm surprised that went over your head. As of late, Grimace has been a primary source on a Hudler signing, Edler trade, and rumors of Pirri to Van. I'm just making sure he doesn't continue to be sourced on here.

Anyone who names their Twitter account after whatever the hell Grimace is, deserves some undue attention.

That being said, what the hell is Grimace anyway? I remember back when McDonald's characters has some kind of significance to food sold there. Mayor McCheese and Sergeant Sloppy (not sure of the hamburger faced cop's name) represented the burgers, as did the dastardly Hamburglar.

The bird with the braids was clearly an ambassador for the McNuggets. The Fry Guys were obviously representative of the Shamrock Shake.

What did Grimace represent? The feeling one had approximately an hour after eating McDonalds?  

4 minutes ago, Nuckles80 said:

I have a feeling he's going to have a very good year. His game was showing all the signs of it (driving play, being strong in the corners, and playing well defensively for the last 1/2 of the year). As long as he continues on that path, I would not be surprised to see him hit 45 points (assuming he actually gets some quality pp time)

Hoping he gets put with Sutter and Eriksson for the most part. Still allows them to 'shelter' him with two very savvy, veteran forwards but gives him some talent to play with.

All three are good-great defensively, Sutter's good at draws which should get them possession, Eriksson is a great finisher, Sutter certainly less so but has a great shot, all three can skate.

Add Horvat's line sharing defensive duties to lighten the load there and that should let Baer have space to get a bit creative and set those two up all day long.

4 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Anyone who names their Twitter account after whatever the hell Grimace is, deserves some undue attention.

That being said, what the hell is Grimace anyway? I remember back when McDonald's characters has some kind of significance to food sold there. Mayor McCheese and Sergeant Sloppy (not sure of the hamburger faced cop's name) represented the burgers, as did the dastardly Hamburglar.

The bird with the braids was clearly an ambassador for the McNuggets. The Fry Guys were obviously representative of the Shamrock Shake.

What did Grimace represent? The feeling one had approximately an hour after eating McDonalds?  

Grimace is a tongue :wacko:

Archived