The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Things that annoy you.

Rate this topic

numb3r 16

• 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Everyone employed at an airport or boarder crossing 

Oh yes!  I don't know where to start.  Some days I think is it the TSA that are worse or the border agents when I see them both in one day.  Thank goodness most of the airports in Canada have the self kiosks where you scan your passport and answer a few questions on the screen, and give your declaration form to the border agent, and at the most, I am asked one question by a border agent, and half the time nothing.  As for the TSA, that's another story. I get annoyed regardless.  One particular time, I was wearing what they considered baggy jeans, and had to go through the x-ray whatever you call it machine 2x, and they told me that I may have to take off my pants.  The last time I crossed the border into BC by bus, the border agent was noisy, and was noisy to everyone.  She asks others - so tell me about your vacation loudly.  And for me, I was thinking - what does going to Montreal have to do with this border crossing, as well as other questions.

Another time, years ago, I got off the train in Vancouver, and had came back from Iceland to Seattle a few days prior.  The border agent asked me if I was going to fly out of here to somewhere else.  I was thinking  - really, taxes and price, it's cheaper to fly from Seattle..

Edited by brilac
  • Upvote 1
20 minutes ago, brilac said:

Oh yes!  I don't know where to start.  Some days I think is it the TSA that are worse or the border agents when I see them both in one day.  Thank goodness most of the airports in Canada have the self kiosks where you scan your passport and answer a few questions on the screen, and give your declaration form to the border agent, and at the most, I am asked one question by a border agent, and half the time nothing.  As for the TSA, that's another story. I get annoyed regardless.  One particular time, I was wearing what they considered baggy jeans, and had to go through the x-ray whatever you call it machine 2x, and they told me that I may have to take off my pants.  The last time I crossed the border into BC by bus, the border agent was noisy, and was noisy to everyone.  She asks others - so tell me about your vacation loudly.  And for me, I was thinking - what does going to Montreal have to do with this border crossing, as well as other questions.

Another time, years ago, I got off the train in Vancouver, and had came back from Iceland to Seattle a few days prior.  The border agent asked me if I was going to fly out of here to somewhere else.  I was thinking  - really, taxes and price, it's cheaper to fly from Seattle..

Brilly, I can relate. I'm not going to start because I might not ever stop if I do, but it doesn't end with TSA and Border Guards. Check in hosts and flight attendants are scum, almost as bad as the morons with "power".

They all annoy me to no end.

A lot of people say "half the fun is getting there", I think people who say that are just as annoying as the flight attendants who walk with their noses in the air like they have some special skill, or had to do anything other than put on knee pads to get their job.

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Brilly, I can relate. I'm not going to start because I might not ever stop if I do, but it doesn't end with TSA and Border Guards. Check in hosts and flight attendants are scum, almost as bad as the morons with "power".

They all annoy me to no end.

A lot of people say "half the fun is getting there", I think people who say that are just as annoying as the flight attendants who walk with their noses in the air like they have some special skill, or had to do anything other than put on knee pads to get their job.

I flew to Montreal last month.  I booked my hotel and airfare online, and booked First Class.  I confirmed my flight with the airline the day of, and was set to go, and printed out my confirmation and boarding pass before going to the airport.  I got up to the counter to check my bag, and the agent cannot find my reservation and asks me if I am sure I am on the flight.  This was a flight from Seattle to Chicago, and up to Montreal. Then she cannot find the reservation for the returning flights.  I am like - yeah, I have more confirmation and boarding pass here... She finds a reservation, but it is for a flight to Charlotte, and asks me if I am sure that I am not on the Charlotte flight.  I am like - yeah.  I was calm at first.  I had all the information they needed.  It took them 45 minutes to fix it, and told me that 2 of the flights were over booked, and they were doing what they could do to get me on those flights.  I was starting to get pissed, and asked them what the hold up was, and that I better be on those flights in First Class, that I paid for First Class. Then were are telling me that they are bumping other people and that it's a good thing I got here early... I am like - this is not my problem your computer system screwed up.  After they fixed it 45 minutes later, I was so annoyed.  Boy! And they are supposed to be a good airline, one of those step up airlines, instead of this airline headquarted in the Northwest that everyone flies and does not really have anything good to say about, and when you say something negative, others are like - it's (airline) right?.

• Upvote 1

Every time the Canucks have any success on the ice, some slimy d-bag has to make a parade route thread. It's basically saying " how dare Canucks fans enjoy their teams wins." Media clowns at the province actually put it on a full page one year. The slimy editor who ran it was openly hostile to the organization at the time.

Telephone scammers- 'There is something wrong with your computer". If I have spare time I'll lead them on for a few minutes, using my really old man voice; pretend to go turn the computer on then wander back after a couple of minutes. They'll go on about some sort of virus and how they can fix it for me and i get them to repeat themselves 2 or 3 times as I pretend to be confused. The way I figure it, if they are stuck talking to me they aren't robbing an old person blind. I've gone 15 minutes with a couple of these jerks. Wish it was possible to track them all down and jail em.

19 hours ago, gurn said:

Telephone scammers- 'There is something wrong with your computer". If I have spare time I'll lead them on for a few minutes, using my really old man voice; pretend to go turn the computer on then wander back after a couple of minutes. They'll go on about some sort of virus and how they can fix it for me and i get them to repeat themselves 2 or 3 times as I pretend to be confused. The way I figure it, if they are stuck talking to me they aren't robbing an old person blind. I've gone 15 minutes with a couple of these jerks. Wish it was possible to track them all down and jail em.

It's funny how they have the thickest accent but say their name is Jordan or Dave.  Yeah right buddy it's Sandip and you are calling from Calcutta.

Ugh, I tried entering my millage plan number for 2 reservations up to Vancouver, and the airline site is not accepting it.  I bought my tickets through Priceline because they were cheaper than the airline site, and the airline site is not accepting it because my middle name is mixed in with my first name as one name, even though the airline site has my first, middle, and last name as my information, but not as my first and middle name combined. It's happened before.  For some reason Priceline combines my name when I enter my passport information.  I'm tired right now, and don't feel like talking on the phone. So tomorrow or Monday I will give the airline a call.

On ‎21‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 9:54 PM, riffraff said:

Our Lady Peace

Most unlistenable singer of all time

Yeah - A Hoo Yeah - A Hoo, why ey ya ey ya ya eyaaa owwwwww.  Not a fan of Edwin in I Mother Earth either.

• Upvote 1

Rent increases... Ugh ugh ugh! I don't really care for the neighborhood.  I really liked it when I was in my twenties - staying out late, going to the bars, but now, I enjoy staying home and drinking wine, or going to a restaurant.  I may stay where I am at.  I was looking at places online for an hour where I would like to live.  I can afford it, but it is more, and I enjoy having a Savings account and having the option to be on a budget or not.  I'll probably email the landlord asking to have the kitchen and bathroom floors replaced.  It's old flooring and worn with scratches that I don't like, so I will ask them if they can replace it and ask them about signing a year lease.  The rent could go up again, and if they don't agree to replace the floor or the lease, I can consider other options.