The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Things that annoy you.

Rate this topic

numb3r 16

1 hour ago, brilac said:

My cat is driving me crazy!  I am totally driven crazy right now!  She meowed through out the night, and decided to hang from a mirror!  A mirror on a wall.  I woke up and there she is, with her 2 paws on the mirror with the rest of her body hanging from the wall.  She has opened kitchen cabinets too, and is currently on the top of the refrigerator meowing!  She does know what be QUIET, STOP, AND WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM means! I look awful and she needs to go to the vet! We have tried a noise cancelling thing, de-stress spray, de-stress plug-in, calm treats, and moving to the living room. I don't know, kitty drugs?

She found your catnip stash. 

On 12/9/2016 at 8:33 AM, brilac said:

My cat is driving me crazy!  I am totally driven crazy right now!  She meowed through out the night, and decided to hang from a mirror!  A mirror on a wall.  I woke up and there she is, with her 2 paws on the mirror with the rest of her body hanging from the wall.  She has opened kitchen cabinets too, and is currently on the top of the refrigerator meowing!  She does know what be QUIET, STOP, AND WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM means! I look awful and she needs to go to the vet! We have tried a noise cancelling thing, de-stress spray, de-stress plug-in, calm treats, and moving to the living room. I don't know, kitty drugs?

Update:  The cat and I went to the vet this evening, and I told the vet about the cat hanging from the mirror, meowing from the top of the refrigerator, opening kitchen cabinets, meowing at night. Kitty is on kitty drugs. The vet suggested this pill for cats to calm her. I also learned that animals can be prescribed Xanax, but I thought it was a bit much for her to be taking Xanax, so we are doing kitty medication.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

People that tell me I can't say Merry Christmas for fear it may offend someone. I'm not a big Christmas person anyway but if I want to say it then bloody hell, I'm gonna say it!  I think we're the only culture that allows ourselves to be bullied into submission and constantly made to feel that we're unfair to everyone else in the world. I'm not religious in any way. In fact I can't stand religion. In my mind, it's all a bunch of made up hooey put in place centuries ago to control people. However, Christmas time seems to bring a lot of goodness out of people so why not just stand by it!  Merry Christmas everyone!

• Upvote 1

Friends who expect a ride without asking you first when you leave a place (I mean just because I drove and came to the same event as you doesn't mean I'm obligated to drive you unless you ask, "can you drive me home?" first; there's no obligation)

Flakey people (have a couple of friends who have a track record of bailing out on events that they planned last minute, so far they're at 7 events)

People who plan last minute (I get that friends sometimes do plan stuff last minute say if an idea for an activity comes up, but more often than not I'll be busy with stuff planned awhile in advance unless you tell me early.  Not that I don't want to join you but can you not plan something for the night of and ask me that morning?)

Ghosters (get why you do it but sucks when it happens to you).

Overly slow drivers (not going to say which race and gender I'm talking about, but when you're driving along Garden City in an SUV, and there's a half-block gap in front of you while you drive 10-15 km below the speed limit and there are cars behind you, please speed up!)

Silverfish (those things are just gross).

Impatient people who don't listen.  As you try to explain yourself all they care about is the response that they're already shaping in their heads as they're not paying attention to the actual words that are coming out of your mouth!

People who take jokes too literally, as in who don't know how to keep the joke going or who deflate it with matter-of-fact statements when you're trying to have fun in social settings.  Get with the program please.

The convention that some believe exists that when it's a date the guy always pays.  I've had it when it was a hangout and another friend was trying to impress a girl, and so when the bill came for the other girl's friend that I was with, the girl I was with just left to go in the bathroom until I had paid before coming back.  She never even offered to go dutch or anything, and I wasn't even giving off any vibes that I was interested or anything.

My alarm clock on workday mornings.  Also the groggy feeling upon waking up.

People who get annoyed easily by things in life (I'm Exhibit A :lol:).  

Chill out y'all, have a MERRY CHRISTMAS!   

• Upvote 2