The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Things that annoy you.

Rate this topic

numb3r 16

The cable company.  I don't know where to start with them.  The call to them tonight was just great... I checked my bill, and it was high.  I called, and asked why.  They advised that I had moved, so they had to open a new account for me, and had to charge me all over again for NHL Center Ice.  What?!  $139.97 all over again?! I then was advised that new is new.  I advised that this was a transfer of service, not a new account, that they are cheating me, and this is unacceptable.  I was put on hold, then the rep came back on the phone, and advised that they were taking the charge off.  Seriously, if there was another cable company to choose from in my building, I would go with them.

1 hour ago, brilac said:

The cable company.  I don't know where to start with them.  The call to them tonight was just great... I checked my bill, and it was high.  I called, and asked why.  They advised that I had moved, so they had to open a new account for me, and had to charge me all over again for NHL Center Ice.  What?!  $139.97 all over again?! I then was advised that new is new.  I advised that this was a transfer of service, not a new account, that they are cheating me, and this is unacceptable.  I was put on hold, then the rep came back on the phone, and advised that they were taking the charge off.  Seriously, if there was another cable company to choose from in my building, I would go with them.

It happens all the time no matter what server you are with...I phone Telus about once a month with some sort of problem and it was the same when I was with Shaw..I wonder how many people pay those extra charges and say nothing.

On 12/26/2016 at 2:42 AM, Lafayettecrossbar said:

When people press the crosswalk button at a time they could easily jay walk. Whether it be early morn, late night, or whenever, I hate to see people with a perfect chance to jay walk only to hit the crosswalk button, making the cars that would've slowed down for them come to a complete halt. 

I dunno, it's annoying to me. 

As long as those cars really would have slowed down B)

• 4 weeks later...
On 2017-01-23 at 10:10 AM, Tre Mac said:

When management or fellow employees talk to you on your breaks about work.  I DONT CARE, LEAVE ME ALONE RAWR!!!!!!

when my coworkers talk to me about work, i usually start off with, i don't care, i'm on my break to get away from you people

no matter what, co-workers are always going through trivial **** that you don't care about. i don't pretend to hide it anymore D:

Edited by Twilight Sparkle
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My sleep schedule has been way off, and someone decided to knock at my door today for 10-15 minutes and would not stop until I answered the door! I checked my phone thinking whoever is at the door probably called or texted before coming over, and how did they get into the building and pass the front desk?  I answered the door, and it was not for me. It was someone who had the wrong apartment, a cleaning service coming to clean another apartment. I'm super tired, and most people answer the door right away, but I'm super tired and don't want to be bothered on a Sunday morning, especially when the person at the door was not for me and not my cleaning service. 

Oh my goodness, the electric bill keeps increasing.  I spoke the building management about this since the bill is divided up per how many apartments, square footage of the apartment, and how many people live in the apartment instead of an individually bill per apartment, making it matter how much electric the neighbors use.  I was advised that it has been a cold winter and that this should be the highest bill, that it should decrease in the following months, and that others have discussed the electric bill too, and they are reaching out the electric company to find out why it keeps increasing.  And the thing is, I conserved on leaving the heater off all month, and bundling up in a blanket.  It's like I want to tell all the neighbors how to conserve, reaching out to any who may not know how to conserve with the electric.

On 2/13/2017 at 9:42 PM, LaBamba said:

Metallica. 

Working in Alberta amongst all of these white Oakley sunglass wearing, blacked out jacked up super duty driving douchebags is painfull enough. Having to listen to or hear them talking about Metallica nearly drives me over the edge. When you tell them Metallica is crap they get all bowed up and freak out. "Sorry I listen to hard music, it's too hardcore for a lot of people from BC haw haw haw" "Hard Metal best describes my life. I can relate to it. Sometimes I'll be all pissed off because my sled is running too rich and I just can't get it jetted right in the mountains of revy. I'll just bolt down the mountain, do some blow and throw on some Metallica. It replaces my anger with excitement. Me and my pit bull Loki will just listen to Metallica and chill. It's how I meditate. I'm so extreme that Metallica actually mellows me out."

And here I thought Enter Sandman was your theme song