The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Things that annoy you.

Rate this topic

numb3r 16

9 minutes ago, Psylocke said:

Yep, and he even kicked me out of the car and said that I was being ungrateful. 

Best part was when he couldn't understand why I didn't want to get back together with him, and didn't think that he did anything wrong when I told him that he treated me like crap. 

Omg I am glad you escaped! Some people are just beyond help.

33 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

My neighbours and their fake laughter out on the deck at this very moment.  Her laugh voice SHE is cringe-worthy.

I have annoying, loud, inconsiderate neighbours, too. And not just the ones on either side of me, but down the block as well. Almost called the cops on them on more than one occasion. 

• Upvote 2

restaurants that take plates away before everyone is done. I hate it when one person is left with a plate and everyone else just watches them finish. Sometimes I'll tell the waiter to wait until everyone is finished and they look at me like I'm an alien. 

12 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

restaurants that take plates away before everyone is done. I hate it when one person is left with a plate and everyone else just watches them finish. Sometimes I'll tell the waiter to wait until everyone is finished and they look at me like I'm an alien. 

I can understand the restaurant workers' side of things, but I agree it can be a major disruption. I also hate when the food initially comes out at wildly different times. I was raised to wait until everyone at the table was served before eating. It makes it tough when my dish comes out first, and everyone else is doesn't come out for seven minutes so that my goes cold by the time we can all start eating.

• Upvote 2
16 minutes ago, Cramarossa said:

I can understand the restaurant workers' side of things, but I agree it can be a major disruption. I also hate when the food initially comes out at wildly different times. I was raised to wait until everyone at the table was served before eating. It makes it tough when my dish comes out first, and everyone else is doesn't come out for seven minutes so that my goes cold by the time we can all start eating.

oh me too. My first real job was in a bar. But for me meals are really important times to connect with people, people are just more themselves for some reason when you break bread with them. So when you are feeling rushed it just sort of ruins it. 

Half the USA is affected by the Equifax data breach, and the several news programs said to freeze your credit now, and I decided to start with Equifax first.  I called them, and got their automated system, and their automated system could not process my request.  I went online, and received an error when trying to process my request, and to try again later.  Oh boy, I don't know where to start with words of how I feel.  It's best to not type those on CDC, plus I was cursing at their automated system, and it was taking too long, and their automated system would pause and say something like they could not get that, or not understanding, something like that.  

Oh yeah, and I am not having much luck with Experian.  I tried doing it online, and was unable to complete it due to their system, but they took my credit card to pay the $10.  I thought since it was not completing that I tried it 2 more times, and then called them, and placed a freeze, and they charged my credit card $11.01 5x.  I called them, and they did not have an option to speak with someone, and I kept pressing 0, and their automated system said I was having trouble and to call back later, and then said bye bye. I must find another number and/or call my credit card company. 

Called the credit card company, thank goodness they had another number for Experian. 

Edited by brilac
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎13‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 7:13 PM, brilac said:

Half the USA is affected by the Equifax data breach, and the several news programs said to freeze your credit now, and I decided to start with Equifax first.  I called them, and got their automated system, and their automated system could not process my request.  I went online, and received an error when trying to process my request, and to try again later.  Oh boy, I don't know where to start with words of how I feel.  It's best to not type those on CDC, plus I was cursing at their automated system, and it was taking too long, and their automated system would pause and say something like they could not get that, or not understanding, something like that.  

That sucks, I see the ads for lifelock and I shake my head, so now we have to pay to not get our account details stolen?  I guess now would be a good time to invest with companies like lifelock, I imagine they will generate a lot of business now.

3 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

That sucks, I see the ads for lifelock and I shake my head, so now we have to pay to not get our account details stolen?  I guess now would be a good time to invest with companies like lifelock, I imagine they will generate a lot of business now.

want to be even more annoyed? We can't request credit locks in Canada. So even if you call a Canadian credit agency to make sure no new credit is approved, you can't. Just one of many examples of how Canadian consumers let themselves get screwed over. 

I hate when people type loose instead of lose.  'If the Canucks loose again, I will loose all respect for Benning'

I hate it!  I even googled it to make sure I was right:

Answer: "Loose" looks like the word "choose" so people think it is pronounced the same way, but it isn't. ... Some people get the pronunciation wrong because they are not energetic enough to refer to a dictionary to learn, confirm, or correct their pronunciation of words.

Kind of a snippy answer but there it is, google does not lie especially on its 19th birthday.

• Upvote 1
Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

want to be even more annoyed? We can't request credit locks in Canada. So even if you call a Canadian credit agency to make sure no new credit is approved, you can't. Just one of many examples of how Canadian consumers let themselves get screwed over. 

Wow that sucks, I did not know this either.

25 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

I hate when people type loose instead of lose.  'If the Canucks loose again, I will loose all respect for Benning'

Answer: "Loose" looks like the word "choose" so people think it is pronounced the same way, but it isn't. ... Some people get the pronunciation wrong because they are not energetic enough to refer to a dictionary to learn, confirm, or correct their pronunciation of words.

Kind of a snippy answer but there it is, google does not lie especially on its 19th birthday.

That annoys me, too. 

Or people who use "to" when they mean "too". "One" when they mean "won". "Could care less" when they mean "couldn't care less". 

Yeah, I get annoyed a lot. :lol:

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

I'm forgiving of most grammar/spelling errors (forums aren't super formal after all), but lose/loose makes my eye tic a little bit.