The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Things that annoy you.

Rate this topic

numb3r 16

6 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

That sucks, I see the ads for lifelock and I shake my head, so now we have to pay to not get our account details stolen?  I guess now would be a good time to invest with companies like lifelock, I imagine they will generate a lot of business now.

I see where you're coming from as the whole hacking thing offends me to no end, but paying for identity protection doesn't bother me that much.  Conceptually, it's not much different than paying for a car alarm, or home security.  There's a risk out there, and you find a way to mitigate it.

I really wish I had the know-how to reverse-hack so many of these bastards and make them suffer.

I don't think we've been hit because of any hacking, but we did have a few freakish credit card charges.  Hang-gliding in Montreal I think has to be the weirdest charge we've had.

6 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

want to be even more annoyed? We can't request credit locks in Canada. So even if you call a Canadian credit agency to make sure no new credit is approved, you can't. Just one of many examples of how Canadian consumers let themselves get screwed over. 

Man, that's just nuts.  Hard to imagine that is legal.  Call your MP's, people, and get-er done!  I'm trying to talk my wife into doing this.  The only real drawback is: do not lose your password!  Otherwise, I'm not sure you can get it turned back on if you need it.

On ‎27‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 3:47 PM, ThatPope said:

I don't enjoy looking at people who walk with their feet angled outwards. 

Not sure if you're going to find a support group for that.  I hope one day you'll find peace, god speed my friend.

Todays annoyance is:

High beams, if you cannot see the road without them get some glasses or simply don't drive at all. 

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Not sure if you're going to find a support group for that.  I hope one day you'll find peace, god speed my friend.

Todays annoyance is:

High beams, if you cannot see the road without them get some glasses or simply don't drive at all. 

I don't mind people using them, but they need to learn to use them correctly, which includes turning them off when cars approach.  Doing some night driving on rural highways with little to no streetlights, high beams are useful to help you more safely avoid making roadkill or running into something that ended up in the road.

But yes, they can sure piss me off.  What's worse are those people with normal lights so bright, you think they have high beams on.  Then, when you flick your lights to encourage them to turn them down, they turn them up to show you how incorrect you were.  Wish I could blame my vision problems on those a-holes!

• Upvote 1

So I really wanted to watch the Blackhawks Canadiens game that is on right now. I had my Hockey planned out for the Evening - Canadiens at 4pm, well actually after 5pm due to going to the pet store, and the Canucks at 7pm.   I turned on my Roku and went to NHL TV, and clicked on it, and guess what? - It is blacked out..!  And it was blacked out on Sunday too! 

There is a problem here!

• Upvote 1
On 10/10/2017 at 5:29 PM, brilac said:

So I really wanted to watch the Blackhawks Canadiens game that is on right now. I had my Hockey planned out for the Evening - Canadiens at 4pm, well actually after 5pm due to going to the pet store, and the Canucks at 7pm.   I turned on my Roku and went to NHL TV, and clicked on it, and guess what? - It is blacked out..!  And it was blacked out on Sunday too! 

There is a problem here!

I remember watching NHL Gamecenter through Roku a few years back.  I was so pumped to watch on TV rather than my PC, like I had been doing for a few years.  Hopefully you never have to contact customer service for either of them in a hurry.  They would play off each other, trying to claim it was the other company's problem.  Doesn't help that Roku's helpline was overseas, so just trying to explain the Gamecenter channel to them was an event.  Also, I really despised Gamecenter's helpline.  The voice was so annoying, and the maze to try to get to a real person was so complicated.  I launched into a cussing spree like you wouldn't believe, and all of a sudden I was talking to a real person!  Still took some time to fix the problem, but at least they fixed it.

Dunno, not only does there appear to be a conspiracy against the Canucks on the ice, but also for the viewers.  I had been watching hockey through the NHL Center Ice package all though the exhibition season this year, but when the Canuck/Oiler game came on, all of a sudden it was blocked.  My local teams were not blocked when they should have been, and the same channel showed the Leafs just minutes before.  Took 30-45 mins to get this straightened out, and I missed all the Canuck goals. 

Oh, and I seem to have to sacrifice a live chicken each time I want the Canuck feed.  Grrrrr.  At least Shorty was on CBC this weekend.  

Edit: in short, I feel your pain.

Edited by Kragar
On 10/22/2017 at 7:30 AM, riffraff said:

Consider it a public service.

they are protecting you from what are the habs right now.

:sick:

Yeah a Public Service... and today there were errors on the TV when I tried to access the Habs game. I could not believe this!  I mean, I had my Hockey planned out... Habs and then Canucks!  Then I got to watch it, and the score was 3-0 Kings... Now 4-0 Kings.

When people eat fast food at their desks and it stinks up the whole office/shop.  I quit eating that crap for a reason, now I am starving and all I can smell now is McDonalds fries.  I guess any food with a pungent odor can also apply - fish, squid, eggs, peanut butter.  I am sooooo hungry!

18 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

When people eat fast food at their desks and it stinks up the whole office/shop.  I quit eating that crap for a reason, now I am starving and all I can smell now is McDonalds fries.  I guess any food with a pungent odor can also apply - fish, squid, eggs, peanut butter.  I am sooooo hungry!

Pungent odor......

oh no you didn't just say pungent odor.

• Wat 1