The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Things that annoy you.

Rate this topic

numb3r 16

Ikea - there whole organization.  Like today, I spent 1 1/2 hours on the phone with them.  I spoke with them in November and last week.  November was inquiring where my shipments were, and the representative on the phone said she would offer a price adjustment of $30 for the rug and credit me half the shipping by adding the shipment cost for both shipments.  I was cool with that.  Last week I called them to let them know that I received both shipments, but not the rug, and was inquiring where the rug was.  The representative did not know if the rug was en route or if it was still at the warehouse, so instead of tracking down the rug, she re-ordered me the rug free of charge and advised it would be shipped out December 14th, and that she was crediting the remainder of the shipment cost for both shipments I received, and if the rug was en route, I would still receive the remainder of the shipping cost credited. I received the rug 2 days later, and called them today to let them know I received the rug, and to please cancel the 2nd rug.  Then I confirmed the price adjustment of the rug and the credit of shipping charges.  The representative advised that they were only crediting me $34 something.  I was like - no.  Then she put me on hold for 20 minutes so they could investigate the price adjustment on the rug.  After 20 minutes, she came back on the line, and advised they found the sale price of the rug, and that they were crediting be $64.11 for one of the shipments, and I was like, what about the other shipment?  And that I was advised in November that I would be credited half of the shipment cost for both shipments plus $30 price adjustment, and then last week I would be credited the remainder of both shipments = equalling $30 + full credit of shipping charges.  She argued with me, and I told her to go ahead and credit me $30 + $64.11, and that I would like to speak with a supervisor.  I was put on hold of another 20 minutes, and then spoke with a supervisor, and was like - this is what happened, and I don't feel it is right to not credit me full shipping when I was told on the call last week that the remainder of the shipping cost would be credited regardless if the rug was en route or not.  The supervisor did not credit me the remainder, and I asked if they recorded their calls, and she said yes, and I advised they should listen to those calls, and I will be filing a complaint, and going forward I will not be doing anymore online shopping with them.  It's not really about the remainder of the shipping cost, it's more they need to honor what they tell a customer on previous calls, instead of changing it, and then arguing about it. 

• 2 weeks later...

When people butcher my name! The whole name - first and last.  I don't understand?! My first name is an Irish name, and my last name is a common French name.  How can this be butchered?! I've been getting my name mis pronounced ever since I was little.  Usually I'm nice, sometimes will correct the person or say nothing at all, but sometimes it really gets me, especially when I say my name, and minutes later, the person says it, and totally butchering it!

Edited by brilac

I'm watching the replay of the Canada/Switzerland pre-tourney game.  The Swiss player fairly stick checks ( on the ice!!!!) the Canadian players stick and the Canadian players stick breaks. The Swiss player gets a penalty. He did didn't slash at it. He didn't do anything wrong. He simply put his stick on the Canadian players stick to hold it down and the Canadian players' stick breaks. THATS NOT A PENALTY.  It's simply a P.O.S. product breaking due to poor craftsmanship. Same as in the NHL. Our game is being ruined by these garbage manufacturers of these sticks. 

• 2 weeks later...

Oh boy, my little precious cat threw up on her chair on New Year's Day.  What a way to start off the New Year...  It's her chair, I designated it to her as her scratching post since she doesn't scratch her cat tree nor the small scratching post.  She likes the chair, and she even thought the new grey couch was also her scratching post, and understands what HEY HEY HEY, and NO NO NO is.  So the chair is her's, but not for throwing up on.  The stain is gone.  I got that out with dish soap, and after it dried, I noticed water marks, so I got vinegar and baking soda.  Well today, I was looking at the chair, and saw slight water marks, and couldn't tell if it was the lighting, so I angled the chair, and there was slight water marks, so I took dish soap with baking soda, and a scrubbing sponge, so hopefully it is gone.  Even though that is her "scratching post," I am still a perfectionist, and that I can fix where she has scratched with a razor or pillar used for clothing.  

I notice everything, even the few scratches on my glass top stove.  I don't cook, but I noticed it, and got this polish stuff for glass top stoves, and polished my stove. 

Drivers in Richmond who switch on their left turn signal and making me slow down to let them in, only to watch them turn right at the next light while their left turn signal is still on.

Anyone who wears socks while wearing sandals, and uses the terms "a whole nother", "irregardless", and "all of the sudden" (credit: Stewie Griffin).

Edited by MJDDawg
  • Upvote 1
On 1/3/2018 at 10:06 PM, brilac said:

Oh boy, my little precious cat threw up on her chair on New Year's Day.  What a way to start off the New Year...  It's her chair, I designated it to her as her scratching post since she doesn't scratch her cat tree nor the small scratching post.  She likes the chair, and she even thought the new grey couch was also her scratching post, and understands what HEY HEY HEY, and NO NO NO is.  So the chair is her's, but not for throwing up on.  The stain is gone.  I got that out with dish soap, and after it dried, I noticed water marks, so I got vinegar and baking soda.  Well today, I was looking at the chair, and saw slight water marks, and couldn't tell if it was the lighting, so I angled the chair, and there was slight water marks, so I took dish soap with baking soda, and a scrubbing sponge, so hopefully it is gone.  Even though that is her "scratching post," I am still a perfectionist, and that I can fix where she has scratched with a razor or pillar used for clothing.  

I notice everything, even the few scratches on my glass top stove.  I don't cook, but I noticed it, and got this polish stuff for glass top stoves, and polished my stove. 

Word of advice to a fellow pet owner: for picking up (especially fresh) barf off of cloth furniture or carpet, I use a regular big spoon, like one I would use with breakfast or soup.  I find scraping the barf helps to pick up a lot of the moisture and slime that would otherwise soak in.  Then, do what you do for cleaning.  Wouldn't help you so much here since it was old, but I'm sure you'll get your chance.  Cats are cats, after all :)

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Kragar said:

Word of advice to a fellow pet owner: for picking up (especially fresh) barf off of cloth furniture or carpet, I use a regular big spoon, like one I would use with breakfast or soup.  I find scraping the barf helps to pick up a lot of the moisture and slime that would otherwise soak in.  Then, do what you do for cleaning.  Wouldn't help you so much here since it was old, but I'm sure you'll get your chance.  Cats are cats, after all :)

Thanks!  I will try that. 

On ‎04‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 2:50 PM, MJDDawg said:

Anyone who wears socks while wearing sandals,

I do this, I apologize for nothing

I hate it when newspapers put ads on the front page.  Breaking news today is the last day for the early bird draw!!! Ma god