The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Things that annoy you.

Rate this topic

numb3r 16

@brilac Should probably mention this as well..just cause you’re dieting shouldn’t mean that you can’t visit your favourite restaurants or indulge in your favourite alcohol beverages. 

Usually if I know I’m going out that evening I’ll take a look at the restaurant menu and key in the info on MyFitnessPal for the meal I want and amount of drinks. If it takes a good portion of my daily calories I’ll try fasting with a black coffee in the morning and or have a lighter lunch. 

5 hours ago, HI5 said:

@brilac What’s your end goal in regards to fitness/weight loss? I wouldn’t recommend cutting more calories, you’ll feel like crap. I went as low as 1800 cals last year and it was rough. This year I’m cutting at 2450cals and it’s a breeze. 

@chilliwiggins I’ve never personally tried Keto, I keep carbs high as possible even when cutting to keep strength high as possible. Though a relative of mine really responded well to Keto..dropped a 100lbs and his confidence is at an all time high now it’s awesome!

My goal is to be healthier and have more energy.  The Winter months are rough.  I don't get depressed, but I get really tired.  I would like to lose about 10-15 pounds.

I joined the gym today, as well as went to Trader Joe's and bought more healthy food.  I also have time setup for a personal trainer to go over nutrition and see where I am at with measurements and my fitness level.  

Someone's probably already mentioned this, but when people write/type "would of", "should of", or "could of". The word you're looking for is 'have' or the contraction - 've'. Would've, could've, should've.

This is what 'of' looks like instead of 'have' in a typed conversation - 

Of you ever been to Disneyland?

No, I of not.

When you were down in L.A. could you not of gone?

I could of but I didn't of the time.

You should of made the time, you could of gone.

I of been hoping to someday. Maybe I will of another chance next time.

I hope so, not too many folks of the opportunities you do.

I of thought about it a lot. Next time I will of to go.

Have and of are not the same. This annoys me to no end.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎23‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 7:11 AM, riffraff said:

Men who wear spandex pants at the gym.

my eyes!!!!!

Glad there wasn't good cameras in the 80's.  I remember as a kid wearing spandex in gym and we had to dance to Paula Abdul's "Hit and Run".  My dances included "pulling arrows out of my chest" and "stepping on fireants".  Not sure what that had to do with physical education at the time and I still don't to this day. 

2 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Glad there wasn't good cameras in the 80's.  I remember as a kid wearing spandex in gym and we had to dance to Paula Abdul's "Hit and Run".  My dances included "pulling arrows out of my chest" and "stepping on fireants".  Not sure what that had to do with physical education at the time and I still don't to this day. 

Weirdo teacher.

• 3 weeks later...

The cat threw up right beside me on the couch, and it flew everywhere off the side.  I didn't get upset or anything, but looked at it in a casual way, and didn't have time to move her to the kitchen floor. This was not a hairball.   I cleaned it up, and she helped too by eating some of it. Oh gosh.   But this new cat food may not be for her.  I bought a few cans of a wet canned food that reduced hairballs and promoted urinary health.  She's an older kitty, almost 13.  Maybe she ate it too fast, like - oh my god, carbs!  Since the other cat food she eats is non carb, high protein. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, brilac said:

The cat threw up right beside me on the couch, and it flew everywhere off the side.  I didn't get upset or anything, but looked at it in a casual way, and didn't have time to move her to the kitchen floor. This was not a hairball.   I cleaned it up, and she helped too by eating some of it. Oh gosh.   But this new cat food may not be for her.  I bought a few cans of a wet canned food that reduced hairballs and promoted urinary health.  She's an older kitty, almost 13.  Maybe she ate it too fast, like - oh my god, carbs!  Since the other cat food she eats is non carb, high protein. 

You’re clearly a lover of our little furry friends.  Me too! :lol:

(you’re likely way too young to realize, but my little picture puppet Alf - 80’s TV character - had an appetite for cats) 

• Upvote 1
21 hours ago, brilac said:

I had to feed my friends cat for a week.  My god was he a vocal cat.  I've never heard a cat meow with such ferocity, he clearly missed his owner.  Had to clean up a couple of times after him, I guess that's what cats do.  My cat would rarely meow, she would grunt and purr and spaz out.  I fed my cat outside on the patio in case she decided to 'refund' her meals.  Kind of miss having a pet but still unlikely to get another cat unless I find a poor orphan kitty like on those youtube vids. 

• Upvote 1

I have a debit card with a store, and I tried updating my address today at their store, and then tried calling them to update my address and cancel the card.  I was drunk one day while shopping, and got a debit card with them.  It was one of those drunken things that later did not make sense.  At least I did not get a credit card with them.  

I was at their store today, and found an associate behind the counter, and asked how I could update my address for my card.  She asked another associate, and then I was given a 800 number to call.  I called the number, and they could not find the account which I could not find my card while on the phone with them.   I just found the card, and I remember they spelled my first name wrong, but later corrected it at the store, and the new one says to activate the card, and that the old one will expire, so maybe that why they could not find the account because I did not activate the new card and the old one expired.  so it's probably cancelled, and the agent could not see that.  

I don't shop really there.  Maybe once a year.  Everytime when I feel like shopping, their service is not all that great.  Their associates stand behind the counter and don't acknowledge.  When I go there, I go there wanting to spend money, and especially when I need a few new outfits to brighten my wardrobe, and their store is not cheap, and when no one is there to help, why would I want to spend money and enhance someone's commission.  

Edited by brilac
11 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

I had to feed my friends cat for a week.  My god was he a vocal cat.  I've never heard a cat meow with such ferocity, he clearly missed his owner.  Had to clean up a couple of times after him, I guess that's what cats do.  My cat would rarely meow, she would grunt and purr and spaz out.  I fed my cat outside on the patio in case she decided to 'refund' her meals.  Kind of miss having a pet but still unlikely to get another cat unless I find a poor orphan kitty like on those youtube vids. 

Yeah, my kitty is a one person cat.  Some of the things she has done when I was not around, like not letting the pet sitter in - lunging at the door, stuff like that, and hissing at others. The pet sitter even told me that I am "Sally's perfect person," and that she is truly a one person cat.  

On 3/25/2018 at 3:25 PM, Alflives said:

You’re clearly a lover of our little furry friends.  Me too! :lol:

(you’re likely way too young to realize, but my little picture puppet Alf - 80’s TV character - had an appetite for cats) 

Yeah, I love cats!  I have loved them since I was 3.  I remember that show!  I was born in the early 80's, and it is on the Roku channel.  

• 1 month later...

Oh gosh!  Deep breaths here!  I I went to the Roku channel on my Roku, and the performance/concerts section is missing! That means no NKOTB! No concert from 2012! No handsome fella Jordan Knight in his 40's singing and dancing and the rest of the crew! Whoever they are.