The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Things that annoy you.

Rate this topic

numb3r 16

44 minutes ago, gurn said:

Are the sides not bendable?

They are not.  I thought the sunglasses were a one size fits all kind of deal.  I should see how the red ones fit.  At least I have a similar pair that are black and does not say Sub Pop on the sides.

1 minute ago, brilac said:

They are not.  I thought the sunglasses were a one size fits all kind of deal.  I should see how the red ones fit.  At least I have a similar pair that are black and does not say Sub Pop on the sides.

For an old set of Ray Ban that didn't fit I bought a glass holder on thingy. The part that hooks over the ears is inserted into a sock like opening on each end and then the middle of the  is slipped around the back of the head.

Or maybe you still have the receipt and can return the glasses/

4 hours ago, gurn said:

For an old set of Ray Ban that didn't fit I bought a glass holder on thingy. The part that hooks over the ears is inserted into a sock like opening on each end and then the middle of the  is slipped around the back of the head.

Or maybe you still have the receipt and can return the glasses/

I got them at the airport at the Sub Pop store in Seattle.  It's too bad Sub Pop only has a store at the airport.  I don't have my receipt, but I will be at the airport in a few weeks. 

Kenmore Air launched trips from Seattle to Vancouver, Vancouver to Seattle a few months ago.  The trips are M-F, and are $285 each way.  It would be a great day trip to go do the Grouse Grind and eat since it lands in Coal Harbour, but for $285? And M-F?  What are they getting at here?  It is about $100-$120 cheaper each way to fly to Victoria or the San Juans.  

I'm not really annoyed by it.  I just don't understand the cost, and that they only offer the route on the weekdays.  

POLITICIANS AND THE CORPORATE GREED,

Remember if we vote"FOR" proportional representation we can get the power back to the people where it belongs.

Not a undemocratic system that the corporations want to keep,so they can get away with a lot of crap.

Site C dam being one of them,we are paying independent power companies NOT to produce power and yet the corporate media keeps it a secret,and puts every BRITISH COLUMBIAN into debt .We have to stop these fools now.

PLEASE,REMEMBER,PASS IT ON!

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2018 at 10:02 PM, DADDYROCK said:

POLITICIANS AND THE CORPORATE GREED,

Remember if we vote"FOR" proportional representation we can get the power back to the people where it belongs.

Not a undemocratic system that the corporations want to keep,so they can get away with a lot of crap.

Site C dam being one of them,we are paying independent power companies NOT to produce power and yet the corporate media keeps it a secret,and puts every BRITISH COLUMBIAN into debt .We have to stop these fools now.

PLEASE,REMEMBER,PASS IT ON!

Me too....even starting at the local level.  What has gone on here in Richmond is ATROCIOUS and I'm embarrassed for my city.   From the River Rock to the decimation of the farms here....  Ugh, it is ALL based on greed.  We have an election in October and Richmond First has to come last.  Those recycled developers and lawyers who stuff their pockets and cozy up to others with pre determined decisions that votes are merely formalities for.

Then it seeps over into Provincial and Federal corruption.  Yes, that's what it is!  VOTE.   Our country's being bought and sold despite what's "best" in the long term.

15 minutes ago, brilac said:

So my awesome watch, sporting the bleu-blanc-rouge, the one I don't wear to Canucks games, no longer works.  I looked at the time, and it is not 5:30.  I shall look for a watch repair place to have that battery fixed. :(

Haha, I got a clock when I got married that has JUST packed it in.  I am lost without it (got another, but it's not the same).  Funny thing is...I'd never even noticed that the 4 was incorrect!  It's in Roman numberals and the 4 was:  llll       

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
On 2018-07-20 at 9:32 AM, debluvscanucks said:

Me too....even starting at the local level.  What has gone on here in Richmond is ATROCIOUS and I'm embarrassed for my city.   From the River Rock to the decimation of the farms here....  Ugh, it is ALL based on greed.  We have an election in October and Richmond First has to come last.  Those recycled developers and lawyers who stuff their pockets and cozy up to others with pre determined decisions that votes are merely formalities for.

Then it seeps over into Provincial and Federal corruption.  Yes, that's what it is!  VOTE.   Our country's being bought and sold despite what's "best" in the long term.

Haha, I got a clock when I got married that has JUST packed it in.  I am lost without it (got another, but it's not the same).  Funny thing is...I'd never even noticed that the 4 was incorrect!  It's in Roman numberals and the 4 was:  llll       

Had a clock that glowed, and growled (wasn’t supposed to) quite loudly as a teen.  I loved that clock!  Got married, put it the bedroom.  Mrs. Alf said it fell, and smashed beyond repair one day while she was cleaning.  I still miss my clock:(

• Haha 1
On 7/20/2018 at 9:17 AM, brilac said:

So my awesome watch, sporting the bleu-blanc-rouge, the one I don't wear to Canucks games, no longer works.  I looked at the time, and it is not 5:30.  I shall look for a watch repair place to have that battery fixed. :(

I got the battery replaced in my awesome watch, so now I can continue to sport my second favorite team! And the guy gave me a discount too cause it took less than 5 mins to fix. 

• 3 weeks later...