The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Things that annoy you.

Rate this topic

numb3r 16

20 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

People, don't bother arguing with One one two anymore. 

His/her replies have already illustrated the mindset/mentality is set in stone. Hopefully he/she grows up one day. 

Could very well be they are still quite young and haven't had the proper parental guidance and wisdom passed down to them to be able to understand the concept of mutual respect like others have. 

Edit: CALLED it...just checked profile. 1996 birthday lol...

Curious: how old are the socks you have on right now?  Older than '96?  Mine are!  :lol:

12 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

People, don't bother arguing with One one two anymore. 

His/her replies have already illustrated the mindset/mentality is set in stone. Hopefully he/she grows up one day. 

Could very well be they are still quite young and haven't had the proper parental guidance and wisdom passed down to them to be able to understand the concept of mutual respect like others have. 

"His/her replies have already illustrated the mindset/mentality is set in stone. Hopefully he/she grows up one day."

I'd say this is extremely hypocritical. Your mindset and mentality, although differs from One One Two's, is also seeming to be set in stone.

"Could very well be they are still quite young and haven't had the proper parental guidance and wisdom passed down "

You're saying this as if there is a "proper" way to be raised. That's quite insulting to both 112 and her parents. Viewpoint aside, your personal shots are arrogant and unwarranted. Attack the idea, not the person.

• Upvote 3

Awwww..... a white knight....

It still doesn't change a single thing that several people have noted about the poster (and her/his posts) in question. One has only to read the responses by said poster in this thread. They speak quite clearly for themselves and there's no mistaking their intent or message.

Edited by Cerridwen
  • Upvote 2
1 minute ago, Cerridwen said:

Awwww..... a white knight....

It still doesn't change a single thing that several people have noted about the poster (and her/his posts) in question. One has only to read the responses by said poster in this thread. They speak quite clearly for themselves and there's no mistaking their intent or message.

Its the mafia kids sticking up mfor each other.

• Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, Zfetch said:

"His/her replies have already illustrated the mindset/mentality is set in stone. Hopefully he/she grows up one day."

I'd say this is extremely hypocritical. Your mindset and mentality, although differs from One One Two's, is also seeming to be set in stone.

"Could very well be they are still quite young and haven't had the proper parental guidance and wisdom passed down "

You're saying this as if there is a "proper" way to be raised. That's quite insulting to both 112 and her parents. Viewpoint aside, your personal shots are arrogant and unwarranted. Attack the idea, not the person.

My mind set is set in stone? 

Uhhh...yes it is? What's your point? It's respect. You have it and understand the concept or don't. 

And yes there is a proper way to raise your kids....respect and values need to be instilled. How is this even up for debate? Wtf? 

My god 2016 and it's PC harbouring BS is unbearable. I'm ashamed to be a 90's kid sometimes...

Edited by RRypien37
  • Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

i don't blame you. old people are bad news, right from when they are born. they just don't think like young people. crazy.

Old people were born, like other (younger) people, really?  

We do get a lot of free stuff though: hip replacements, ambulance rides, and (I love this one) blister packed medication!  B)

8 minutes ago, McIlhargey the Lesser said:

People that don't use their turn signals.              ...I'm looking at you Saskatchewan.
When people confuse "me" and "I" because they don't understand what subject and object are. Seems like not a single person gets this right anymore.
When people say "regime" instead of "regimen."

i'm more interested about, what's in their hearts. spelling and grammar are important to english teachers. people are good or they ain't.

That so many restaurants/events lack hearty options for vegetarians. We need to eat too :(

People that claim they love rock music and HATE rap, only listen to hip-hop and nothing else, etc. It's weird to me that people think having a narrow taste in music is worth bragging about.

Conservative social ideals.

People who don't stand up for themselves, aren't honest about their feelings, or refuse to say "no" to things they don't want. It's especially annoying when these people play the martyr after the fact like we should be thankful for their huge sacrifice…a sacrifice they could've easily avoided by piping up.

Poor leadership skills.

People that think drinking alcohol/using drugs (yes, marijuana is a drug) is cool. I still know people that gloat about being "soooo drunk last night lolol!!" or "so stoned ahaha" that are in their mid-to-late twenties and thirties. They look like (are?) fools.

People that don't tip, or are really stingy with tips. I have never had a job where I had to rely on tips, and I am very thankful to have been in that position. I try to pay it forward.

People that think hockey is dumb!

1 hour ago, ShakyWalton said:

Its the mafia kids sticking up mfor each other.

Does that mean the non-mafia kids don't stick up for each other?

Just askin' Shaky.

By the way, this 'mafia kid' is 63.

On that note, I always yield to older, unfortunate, or otherwise needful persons.

It was how I was raised, and I like it!

• Upvote 2