The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Newbie Ticket Question

Tich

Hi guys, I wonder if you can help. Im coming over from Scotland in October and was looking at going to the Calgary game on 15th.

I was looking at upper 315 row 15 tickets on stub hub @ $50Usd,  do I wait until they go on sale on wed and hope for slightly better seats or just buy these now? Is the price about right @ 50Usd each? Is it ok to buy on stub hub? I read somewhere that they are clamping down on selling on tickets.

I do want to sit upper and behind the goal where Canucks shoot at twice. Am i correct in thinking 315 would be the right end?

Any other advice would be more than welcome and on pre game/ post game pubs would be great. 

Thanks in advance

Yes to everything you said.

I'm a Canucks season ticket holder. $50USD is a good price for opening night on a Saturday. Stubhub is a legit site and you have the correct section.

You can wait and hope for single game seats but once they sell out then the price goes up of those $50USD tickets you saw.

Hope that helps,

Yes that is a decent price, and you can trust stubhub (from my experiences)

You could wait until tickets go on sale and you'll probably pay close to the same.  Right now tickets aren't that in demand since most of the fan base has gone dormant until they start winning again (drives me nuts).

Enjoy yourself at the game!

FYI 1st game of the season has a killer 50/50 draw most years.  A couple seasons ago I went to the Penguins on opening night and the winner took home just under $100,000.

First enjoy the game. I sit in section 311 which is the end you are looking at and chose for the reason you mention I'm at the end that Vcr shoots into for 2 periods. I prefer rather than immidiatley behind the net to a little to the side. Directly behind the net stops you from seeing the action along the nearest boards. I've noticed over the year scouts sit in the corners because of that reason. they can see the action better and the play is always in front of them. Seats in the middle are some thing like watching tennis game keep turning you head and often you miss what's happening behind the play. So IMI if you get a chance for the corner in that end of the arena would be a bit better .....  but pretty good price you're getting  :lol:

StubHub is fine to buy from.......Canucks will also have ticketexchange up in the next while, and the tickets will cost around the same there too, if you are worried about StubHub.  

I don't think you would be able to buy these, when single game tickets go on sale.  Upperbowl IV is the cheapest price zone, and still quite full.  Season ticket holders get to purchase single game tickets before the public, so this game UBIV might sell out before the public even have a chance.  

Perfect, thanks for the info folks, the tickets are electronic so i'll just pint them off I guess. I'll get on the case tonight. oh, and i seen sections saying "no alcohol" I take it I'm allowed a beer or 2 in they seats?   thanks again everyone, Im getting excited now!

5 hours ago, Tich said:

Perfect, thanks for the info folks, the tickets are electronic so i'll just pint them off I guess. I'll get on the case tonight. oh, and i seen sections saying "no alcohol" I take it I'm allowed a beer or 2 in they seats?   thanks again everyone, Im getting excited now!

No alcohol section literally means no alcohol at all in any form.  It is designed as a family, kid section, usually you'll see kid groups sitting there at the game, like the little kids who play on the ice during the intermission.

stubhub is good for buying tickets because you get guarantee the ticket will be real or money back.. for $50bux usd u can't go wrong since it's the home opener.. and usually there's some freebies for the 1st or 2nd home game.. like the scarf they gave out in previous seasons etc.

Brilliant, I meant section 315 is alcohol allowed?. I went for 313 row 14. all booked up.  The tickets aren't printable until the friday before, does anybody know if i actually need to print them or can i use a barcode on my phone like you do with boarding passes etc. 

Access to a printer my be limited/ or a pain in the ass. Thanks again.

42 minutes ago, Tich said:

Brilliant, I meant section 315 is alcohol allowed?. I went for 313 row 14. all booked up.  The tickets aren't printable until the friday before, does anybody know if i actually need to print them or can i use a barcode on my phone like you do with boarding passes etc. 

Access to a printer my be limited/ or a pain in the ass. Thanks again.

you'll need to actually print them 

tickets are going to be so cheap this year. no reason to buy the last row in the arena for 50 usd in advance. relax and buy last minute either on stub hub outside the arena or on craigslist. row 15 is much higher than even row 10 or 11. Easily you can sit row 1 or 2 upper deck for 50 a ticket this year

Archived