The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Poll) Who should be the next Alternate Captain?

Roger Neilsons Towel

(Poll) Who should be the next Alternate Captain?  

284 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My vote was for Bo Horvat for the following reasons:

• I believe he has excellent leadership skills
  • He works hard and leads by example
  • Very mature for his age/experience level
  • He seems to be the leader among the younger players
  • I believe he can handle the pressure
  • IMO, he could be the future captain and I think they should start him down that road now to gain leadership experience before he inherits the "C"

Burr !!

• A (hopefully) lifetime Canuck
  • behind the twins the oldest canuck (playing for us)
  • his last year of his contract (maybe last season of his career?)
  • experience
  • leader
  • passion
  • a little "Thank you" to him
  • end of the discussion "Burrows, do we really need him?"

I think Bo Horvat is a pretty mature kid. If he is likely to be the next captain of the Canucks, we should give him the 'A', in which he will gradually acquire leadership skills that will come in use when becoming the face of this franchise. By the looks of it, there is no way Jim Benning is trading him. He is the real deal.

Definitely Bo and maybe the captaincy in a few years time. He exudes character, professionalism, drive, motivation, the skill, and he is a great teammate most importantly. He lets his on ice play do the talking and always shows up to play. 

Theres definitely something special about Bo. Maybe the way he arrived into the organization? Maybe it's his winning pedigree (back to back memorial cups) or clutch goal scoring in crucial games ? Maybe it's because he was truly first real promising prospect. It took a lot to get him, but he has been been outstanding in his two years as a pro.

Whatever it is, as a young kid coming in he's handled the pressure and spot light with a lot of poise and has shown glimpses of brilliance.  To have someone with his drive and motivation leading the team & the future Canucks will bode well for our organization.image.jpeg

Tanev is probably the logical choice as he will be on the ice more than anyone else at 5v5 and PK. Also has been with the club a long time and is well regarded guy by the referees from what I can see. Main issue is he's not that vocal after games etc.

Bo Horvat is probably the smart choice for a FWD. Good leader, works hard, what's not to like?

On this topic.  Hank was on tsn 1040 today aND was asked this question.  He believes having a younger voice is important in the leadership. Says someone who is 15 years younger but said it's up too the coaches and he believes the players will be asked. 

I kinda botched his comments but give this a listen

https://m.soundcloud.com/tsn-radio-vancouver/henrik-sedin-joins-the-midday-show

There are 3 word errors that I cannot stand in life... Sorry in advance...

Turrets being spelled or pronounced "turrent"
When people say "Member?", instead of remember
And finally, when people say "Assistant Captain"... It's alternate. It has always been Alternate Captain. I don't know where assistant came from but it's wrong >.>.

Sorry again...

End Rant

BoHo gets the A

1 hour ago, Roger Neilson's Towel said:

My vote was for Bo Horvat for the following reasons:

• I believe he has excellent leadership skills
  • He works hard and leads by example
  • Very mature for his age/experience level
  • He seems to be the leader among the younger players
  • I believe he can handle the pressure
  • IMO, he could be the future captain and I think they should start him down that road now to gain leadership experience before he inherits the "C"

Oh, I picked Bo Horvat too, because

Bo Horvat

58 minutes ago, khay said:

Gudbranson or Horvat but chose Horvat. 

He's probably our next captain so we might as well have him start out as an assistant captain before eventually handing over the C once Henrik retires.

It is a tough call between them.  Horvat because he has been here longer, and Gudbranson because it is good to have a D as one of your guys.

Archived