Roger Neilson's Towel

(Poll) Who should be the next Alternate Captain?

Rate this topic

(Poll) Who should be the next Alternate Captain?  

284 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the next Alternate Captain (aka Assistant Captain) for the Vancouver Canucks and why?

What made you give them your vote?

Please explain your choice below.

Spoiler

(If anyone is curious about the order. I did it by Salary Cap. I didn't want to be bias or suggestive so as to not skew the results of the poll.)

Edited by Roger Neilson's Towel
Edit: Fixed poll to take away option to vote for more than one player. Changed "Assistant Captain" to "Alternate Captain" even though it's just semantics in my opinion.
  • Upvote 3

Horvat, however a win win would be Burrows gets it this year Horvat next or they share it? Hornet home games Burrows road?

Tanev is probably the logical choice as he will be on the ice more than anyone else at 5v5 and PK. Also has been with the club a long time and is well regarded guy by the referees from what I can see. Main issue is he's not that vocal after games etc.

Bo Horvat is probably the smart choice for a FWD. Good leader, works hard, what's not to like?

• Upvote 1

On this topic.  Hank was on tsn 1040 today aND was asked this question.  He believes having a younger voice is important in the leadership. Says someone who is 15 years younger but said it's up too the coaches and he believes the players will be asked. 

I kinda botched his comments but give this a listen

https://m.soundcloud.com/tsn-radio-vancouver/henrik-sedin-joins-the-midday-show

• Upvote 2

I think Burr. Can't go wrong with several guys tho. We have quite a few character guys on this team.

My vote goes to Horvat because 1) he displays excellent leadership skills on and off the ice.  2) He possesses a  good work ethic by working, and competing  hard. 3) He would be a great leader and mentor  for the younger players. 

10891934.jpg?size=620x400s

• Upvote 2

Gudbranson or Horvat but chose Horvat. 

He's probably our next captain so we might as well have him start out as an assistant captain before eventually handing over the C once Henrik retires.

• Upvote 1

There are 3 word errors that I cannot stand in life... Sorry in advance...

Turrets being spelled or pronounced "turrent"
When people say "Member?", instead of remember
And finally, when people say "Assistant Captain"... It's alternate. It has always been Alternate Captain. I don't know where assistant came from but it's wrong >.>.

Sorry again...

End Rant

BoHo gets the A

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Roger Neilson's Towel said:

My vote was for Bo Horvat for the following reasons:

• I believe he has excellent leadership skills
  • He works hard and leads by example
  • Very mature for his age/experience level
  • He seems to be the leader among the younger players
  • I believe he can handle the pressure
  • IMO, he could be the future captain and I think they should start him down that road now to gain leadership experience before he inherits the "C"

Oh, I picked Bo Horvat too, because

Bo Horvat

• Upvote 3

58 minutes ago, khay said:

Gudbranson or Horvat but chose Horvat. 

He's probably our next captain so we might as well have him start out as an assistant captain before eventually handing over the C once Henrik retires.

It is a tough call between them.  Horvat because he has been here longer, and Gudbranson because it is good to have a D as one of your guys.

• Upvote 1

Somebody picked Phillip Larsen haha. He's never played a game for the Canucks and may not even crack the opening roster.... 

Silly goose....::D

• Upvote 2