The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Henrik Sedin Named Captain of Team Sweden

Crackers

45 minutes ago, nickels said:

Wish they'd fake an injury like the rest of these players...

45 minutes ago, nickels said:

Wish they'd fake an injury like the rest of these players...

This is just a warm up for the season. The injuries will come in December when they count. The Twins go down in December and Benning trades vets into the TDL. Benning drafts well. :) 

Congratulations Henrik!!!  Great to see such a hard working and talented player getting the respect he deserves.  The twins really do get over-looked (in my opinion) in the NHL.  Excellent to see them get the respect they deserve in their own country and on the world stage!  

Congratulations to Daniel as well for getting an 'A'.  

Team Sweden will be my second team to root for during this World Cup of Hockey.  Hopefully a gold and silver medal come to Canada and Sweden!!!

Excited to see how the twins create some chemistry with Loui Eriksson.

4 hours ago, mpt said:

Will be interesting to see Sedin Sedin Erikson get some more experience together before training camp

This is basically their training camp. They get to practice and play together before the real season starts in October. It's basically a dry run for them before the season opener. I doubt anyone will be in tip top shape.

This is probably the least anticipated Internatioonal tournament that I've followed in over 30 years of watching hockey...

Good for them, and who cares which one gets the C. Let's face it if they'd been playing for a stronger team than the Canucks all these years (dare I say it, Chicago, Detroit, LA etc.)  they would be NHL living legends by now. As it is, once they've retired they will be spoken of in awe for years amongst Vancouver fans, some of the stuff we've seen from them has been pure magic—and if that was not enough, off-ice they've proven themselves time and time again as exceptional human beings.

Archived