The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] If Canucks got Kucherov

Nikita Kucherov is a restricted free agent as of now. He could be traded if they don't get him signed in time. Now people say they don't know the direction of Vancouver Canucks. If Canucks did get Kucherov could they be a playoff contender?

LW            C              RW                                                        LD            RD

D.Sedin       H.Sedin    Kucherov                                               Edler            Tanev 

Eriksson     Horvat      Hansen                                                 Hutton          Gudbranson

Baertschi     Sutter      Rodin/Etem/Virtanen/Burrows            Tryamkin          Sbisa/Larsen

4th line could contain Rodin, Etem, Virtanen, Gaunce Granlund, Dorsett.

You can do the lines how ever you want but you have to admit the top 2 lines are very contender worthy. But this is if they get Nikita Kucherov. He is young and a scorer. I do think Canucks should go all in on this guy. Also I'm justing saying if they don't give up a roster player. 

Please tell me what you think about the lineups and if Canucks could be a contender again. 

Just now, ItsMillerTime said:

Nikita Kucherov is a restricted free agent as of now. He could be traded if they don't get him signed in time. Now people say they don't know the direction of Vancouver Canucks. If Canucks did get Kucherov could they be a playoff contender?

LW            C              RW                                                        LD            RD

D.Sedin       H.Sedin    Kucherov                                               Edler            Tanev 

Eriksson     Horvat      Hansen                                                 Hutton          Gudbranson

Baertschi     Sutter      Rodin/Etem/Virtanen/Burrows            Tryamkin          Sbisa/Larsen

4th line could contain Rodin, Etem, Virtanen, Gaunce Granlund, Dorsett.

You can do the lines how ever you want but you have to admit the top 2 lines are very contender worthy. But this is if they get Nikita Kucherov. He is young and a scorer. I do think Canucks should go all in on this guy. Also I'm justing saying if they don't give up a roster player. 

Please tell me what you think about the lineups and if Canucks could be a contender again. 

Yes, but exactly how do we get him?  What's the cost, and is he worth it?

Just now, Alflives said:

Ok well its hard to judge the cost of a player but I'm going to compare a trade what happened a while ago.

The Bobby Ryan trade. They both put up the same amount of numbers at the time. 

Ottawa gave up a 1st promising prospect Jacob Silfverberg  and 1st rounder Steven Noeson. 

Boeser, Virtanen and a 1st? This is me just trying to compare it. There is a lot of trades what could work. 

Just now, ItsMillerTime said:

Ok well its hard to judge the cost of a player but I'm going to compare a trade what happened a while ago.

Ottawa gave up a 1st promising prospect Jacob Silfverberg  and 1st rounder Steven Noeson. 

Boeser, Virtanen and a 1st? This is me just trying to compare it. There is a lot of trades what could work. 

And you think we should really give up those pieces for Kuchurov?  Hmmm.  I keep our young developing players, and let TBay keep theirs.  If we trade any players, they should be from the older group.  

Not even interested at this point...  why?  believe it or not, i believe the "looking for a proven scorer at left wing" is a BIT of a ploy to get under the skin of Baer and Rodin that Benning might have had a bit of something to do with. Competition brings out the next level in players and that might be very well the case.

My bet is that Rodin will beat out Baer but that's just a educated guess...  I believe Rodin has more skill and all around gane than Baer... Will his game adjust quickly to the nhl speed game soon enough?  who knows, we can only hope.

9 minutes ago, ItsMillerTime said:

If the cost is Boeser Virtanen and a 1st there's no way we should do that deal. Boeser alone may end up being as good as Kucherov and Virtanen really seems like he's put on the work this summer and grown up a bit. I'd do Virtanen and a 1st  or Boeser and a 2nd but that's it 

Kucherov is one of the best wingers in the world not to mention a beast in the playoffs. The cost will be prohibitively expensive. Canucks don't have the kind of surplus required to make a trade of that magnitude. Also Bobby Ryan is isn't a great comparable as he was and still is the lesser player in this comparison. Kucherov is far more dynamic and capable of generating much more than Ryan ever could.

Just now, Bur14Kes17 said:

If the cost is Boeser Virtanen and a 1st there's no way we should do that deal. Boeser alone may end up being as good as Kucherov and Virtanen really seems like he's put on the work this summer and grown up a bit. I'd do Virtanen and a 1st  or Boeser and a 2nd but that's it 

Meh why bother?  Virtanen is getting there slowly but surely (we need a true power forward) and Boeser has top 6 sniper written all over him...  plus next season we have a big chunk of bling coming from Miller's contract expiry. So i doubt we have much to worry about anyway... I just hope we come out ok from the vegas draft...  that will bother me until it's doneand over with.  The league is badly out of whack concerning the number of players that can be protected, can set teams back years!  especially us and that's the LAST thing we need now... 

28 minutes ago, ItsMillerTime said:

I agree that Kucherov will make us a lot stronger. But Boeser, Virtanen, and 1st? I guess that would get Yzerman to think hard but from our standpoint, we are mortgaging way too much of our future. I think the most we should give up is two of the three plus another asset?

Boeser at this point is touted higher than some of the players drafted in the top 10 in his draft year (obviously aside from McDavid and Eichel) and some think that he would have gone in the top 5 had he entered the draft this year. I would hate to trade him away. 

I would go as far as, Virtanen + 1st (Canucks choose between 2016 or 2017) + a roster player (maybe Baertschi since Kucherov can take Baertschi's spot on 2LW).

Sedin-Sedin-Eriksson

Kuchrov-Horvat-Rodin

Burrows-Sutter-Hansen

Gaunce-Granlund-Etem

Dorsett

Edler-Tanev

Hutton-Gudbranson

Sbisa-Larsen

Tryamkin

18 minutes ago, khay said:

I agree that Kucherov will make us a lot stronger. But Boeser, Virtanen, and 1st? I guess that would get Yzerman to think hard but from our standpoint, we are mortgaging way too much of our future. I think the most we should give up is two of the three plus another asset?

Boeser at this point is touted higher than some of the players drafted in the top 10 in his draft year (obviously aside from McDavid and Eichel) and some think that he would have gone in the top 5 had he entered the draft this year. I would hate to trade him away. 

I would go as far as, Virtanen + 1st (Canucks choose between 2016 or 2017) + a roster player (maybe Baertschi since Kucherov can take Baertschi's spot on 2LW).

Sedin-Sedin-Eriksson

Kuchrov-Horvat-Rodin

Burrows-Sutter-Hansen

Gaunce-Granlund-Etem

Dorsett

Edler-Tanev

Hutton-Gudbranson

Sbisa-Larsen

Tryamkin

I bet he'd do it for Horvat.

1 hour ago, iceman64 said:

Meh why bother?  Virtanen is getting there slowly but surely (we need a true power forward) and Boeser has top 6 sniper written all over him...  plus next season we have a big chunk of bling coming from Miller's contract expiry. So i doubt we have much to worry about anyway... I just hope we come out ok from the vegas draft...  that will bother me until it's doneand over with.  The league is badly out of whack concerning the number of players that can be protected, can set teams back years!  especially us and that's the LAST thing we need now... 

Are you serious?  Take a look at generalfanager.com they have a tool you can use for every team to see whom you can protect.  Las Vegas is gonna be a crappy team for a couple years, most teams don't have much to worry about and those who do will make trades to avoid them (ie Tampa Bay - Vasilevsky and Bishop, Pittsburgh - Murray and Fleury).

3 hours ago, ItsMillerTime said:

So essentially three firsts for Kucherov. It would be cheaper to offer sheet him in that if he is offered over 5 million the cost is a first a second and a third.

I don't like either option given the positive direction being shown so far by the youth of this team, I'd rather patiently wait for them to develop.

Mike Milbury made a plethora of trades such as this back in his day, his infamous trades of good young developing players for non-superstar veterans was how we ended up with Bertuzzi and one of the Sedins and ultimately even Luongo and the Islanders continued to spin out for about a decade.

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

This is one player id kill to have. The underrated star player who would be our best player arguably if he came here. He's great in the playoffs. It would cost to much to trade for him though. Boeser + Virtanen? Steep price. 

3 hours ago, Bur14Kes17 said:

that's a crazy bad trade. not a chance. 

i'd do edler and some pucks 

i don't trust the Russians

Archived