The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] If Canucks got Kucherov

If the Canucks miraculously got him ... And barring we don't trade any current players ... Then our line up would be:

sedin-sedin-ericksson

baertschi-horvat-kucherov

rodin/etem-sutter-hansen

burrows-granlund-dorsett

gaunce

>Virtanen would then be in Utica priming his game for a top 6 role while getting 20+ min per game

dont see it happening though. 

5 hours ago, Kokanee king said:

still, he signed a contract and then bailed on the team that made him wealthy. 

what about Radulov and Kovalchuk  

and there is this too

http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/article/fetisov-seeks-to-block-players-leaving-for-nhl-after-being-elected-to-khl-board-of-directors

I don't care about those two. We are talking about Datsyuk. Guy gave everything to Detroit and left for family reasons if I recall.  

13 hours ago, Camel Toe Drag said:

Stop doing winky faces like that. It's immature and is starting to creep me out. Plus if your going to swear (which I don't condone on CDC) learn to spell the word right. Other than that, good talk and keep doing what your doing. 

Lol huhhhhhhh....... Okie dokie! lmao;)

On 9/7/2016 at 7:24 PM, Bur14Kes17 said:

If the cost is Boeser Virtanen and a 1st there's no way we should do that deal. Boeser alone may end up being as good as Kucherov and Virtanen really seems like he's put on the work this summer and grown up a bit. I'd do Virtanen and a 1st  or Boeser and a 2nd but that's it 

Tampa will say no 

They'd prob demand Boeser + 1st rounder and maybe something else too. its gonna be an overpayment. 

On 9/8/2016 at 3:37 PM, Kokanee king said:

nothing to do with racism 

i was talking about how the Russians have a tendency to jump ship to the KHL.  you know like Datsyuk who left his team with nothing.

BUR14KES17 is just a dumb ass.

Id go on an defend myself and point out your ignorance and biased stupidity towards russians and datsyuk but it looks like the rest of cdc has done that for me. 

Why not scout the hell out of KHL this year an find the next Kucherov an try draft him in 2017 draft?

otherwise the cost is not conducive to moving forward with team depth by giving up the prospects an the farm been there done that .

one poster digested two D a pick an throw in Burrows an perhaps Hansen an retain some of Burrows cap to make it work

On 9/9/2016 at 7:29 PM, N7Nucks said:

I don't care about those two. We are talking about Datsyuk. Guy gave everything to Detroit and left for family reasons if I recall.  

we were talking about D-bag Russians that bail on the signed contracts. it would be different if Datsyuk did not sign in the K but he did. That's a douche bag move. play out the contract you sign for millions. i believe he had kids before signing for millions. he could of even asked to be traded so the wings would get a kings ransom for him and then retire. 

back to my original point of not trusting Russian player and because datsyuk bailed anyone of them could bail. i bet a lot of Russians kids look up to Datsyuk. maybe it could open the flood gates. 

• 4 weeks later...

Just offer sheet him and have done with it. 7 years, $7.5m - something the Bolts simply cannot match. We'd have to be cap-creative, but we could work something out for opening night.

4 minutes ago, Captain Azzy said:

Just offer sheet him and have done with it. 7 years, $7.5m - something the Bolts simply cannot match. We'd have to be cap-creative, but we could work something out for opening night.

7.5 is the perfect number too. It would require a 1st 2nd and 3rd pick.

Any more and it would be 2 1st a 2nd and a 3rd. 

15 minutes ago, Gooseberries said:

7.5 is the perfect number too. It would require a 1st 2nd and 3rd pick.

Any more and it would be 2 1st a 2nd and a 3rd. 

For 5 years - total value of 37.5M.

But if he prefers to sign for 7 years (ie 52.5M) it would be 4 x 1st.

Compensation is AAV over maximum 5 years even if the contract is longer. 

5 minutes ago, mll said:

Did not know that. 

So for example if you offer sheet 10 mill (nice easy mumber) Over 7 years the aav counts as 14 for compensation instead of 10?

1 hour ago, mll said:

Wonderful CBA we have :lol:

It's all moot anyway, Kucherov will sign with the Bolts - I just wish we would go for him.

Archived