The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Devin Setoguchi opens up about struggles with alcoholism, depression

You guys...

There's nothing wrong with drinking Lucky, if you can't afford something better. Beats Canadian, IMO.

But I was merely suggesting that, if you're a millionaire who wants to get your drink on, it's a shame not to set your sights a little higher than Jameson/Lucky/etc. Didn't expect ruffle so many feathers.

On 2016-09-07 at 9:32 PM, ILL BILL NECRO said:

K wait... the dude drank a 26 in the morning and then one latter? That is crazy.. I drink far too much aka everyday and even by my standards this is intense..

I listened to an interview with him the other day as I drove into town....yep.  A 26'er, then a workout/nap, then another.  The workout part threw me for a loop

I am pulling for him...people who battle hard to recognize then address their demons deserve support as they try to turn it around.  Isn't easy, many don't manage to.  So the success stories are what we can build from.  I worked in the field for nearly a decade and I've seen both sides.  It was too much for me, as I connected with the people behind the addiction and alcoholism and it hit hard when they did succumb to it all.

All the best to him. 

• 3 weeks later...
On September 10, 2016 at 3:50 PM, aqua59 said:

I could see Vancouver taking a chance on a guy like this. A PTO, is he eligible for this or does some one own his rights?

I was actually thinking about that yesterday. Specifically as it regards to him challenging Grenier at RW3. Maybe that's what they're expecting from Burrows, though. 

Still, kinda torn about his PTO with L.A; for his sake, I hope it works out. For the Kings sake (and GMJB), I hope it doesn't. 

Archived