The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Canucks working on one of Landeskog or Marleau

Type R

14 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

What part of stay at home defensemen do people not understand? If Tanev is so useless why do people think we can get Landeskog for him? Is he the best d-man on the Canucks? No. Most physical? No. Does he do his job? Absolutely. With the addition of Gudbranson, Tanev can be our #2 RHD. We have other RHD prospects to provide offence. Maybe lets stabilize our defence first and find someone to outplay him, before starting to move guys around.

Landeskog is a pipe dream, unless we are giving up on something major. He's gotten 20 goals plus in 4 out of 5 years. The Av's aren't going to give him away for nothing. 

I agree with this, if it were just Tanev and a pick I would be all for it. Tanev is a very solid defenseman and I think he is definitely underrated for what he does but to think he could get landeskog is wishful thinking. The Avs would probably want Horvat or virtanen plus a high pick thrown in and that is just too much. I'd rather be patient and wait one more year for Boeser and whoever else hits the free agent market.

Landeskog to van for Edler, Virtanen and 17' 1st.
or

Landeskog to van for Tanev, Baerstchi and torts's 2nd.

the worst offer for us would be Tanev, Virtanen and 17's 1st, but even tho it should be studied. 

Landeskog is just a capitaine 1st line winger. nothing less. 

off the radar, what about the benning's plan A two seasons ago? get Iginla for a reasonable price (aka Sbisa and middle prospect or torts 2nd) ? he could still put up points, and this is his final year so no risk... 

4 hours ago, canuktravella said:

tanevs value will never be higher  and he brings no physicality or offense   i say we trade him gives a spot for youngsters   if we can get landeskog  and a third  for tanev and jackets 2nd and hansen  jump on it and run 

by deadline

sedin sedin eriksson 1a line

baertchi sutter rodin speedy skill 2nd line

landeskog horvat virtanen 2b rough shutdown libe

gaunce granlund grenier  3gs line big mean skilled 

edler guddy

hutton tryamkin

juolevi stecher 

pedan 

markstrom/demko 

trade  miller burrows  sbisa  at deadline for teams that need vets for playoff drive 

we can leave dorsett  explosed at expansion draft.

next yr boeser plays top six and youth will be great 

Great...we finally win a trade and bring in a scoring winger with 4x20 goals and were going to stuff him on a 3rd line behind the almighty Baertschi and Rodin and ask him to be a shutdown guy....that makes sense.

Why bother making the trade at all.

18 minutes ago, timberz21 said:

Great...we finally win a trade and bring in a scoring winger with 4x20 goals and were going to stuff him on a 3rd line behind the almighty Baertschi and Rodin and ask him to be a shutdown guy....that makes sense.

Exactly! It seems people like to "spread the scoring" but the Canucks best seasons were when the twins were deployed in the best offensive opportunities. Let your scorers score. 

Race horses can ploy, but it's a waste. 

3 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

What part of stay at home defensemen do people not understand? If Tanev is so useless why do people think we can get Landeskog for him? Is he the best d-man on the Canucks? No. Most physical? No. Does he do his job? Absolutely. With the addition of Gudbranson, Tanev can be our #2 RHD. We have other RHD prospects to provide offence. Maybe lets stabilize our defence first and find someone to outplay him, before starting to move guys around.

Landeskog is a pipe dream, unless we are giving up on something major. He's gotten 20 goals plus in 4 out of 5 years. The Av's aren't going to give him away for nothing. 

I believe he is. Tanev is phenomenal defensively. I think he is on par overall with Tyson Barrie but with offensive and defensive abilities switched. 

I have a mutual friend with Gabriel Landeskog. This was a few months ago, but his agent was saying there were four teams pushing hard for him. Toronto was one, I think (can't remember fully) two of the others were Montreal and Columbus. I pretty much stopped listening when Vancouver wasn't one of the four. 

Pacioretty for Landeskog straight-up would make a tonne of sense. I would put their value pretty close to par. Both are young captains who look to need a change of scenery: http://www.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/rumor-nhl-coach-calls-his-captain-the-worst-in-the-team-s-history

Montreal is close to Toronto and probably the closest NHL city to Sweden. Pacioretty is an American might appreciate going to a US market, and Colorado is a pretty good spot as well. 

27 minutes ago, timberz21 said:

I agree I would see it more like 

Sedin sedin eriksson 

Landeskog horvat virtanen

Baertschi sutter Etem 

Rodin granlund burrows

Grenier 

Which is à phenomenal group of 12 not in thé superstar sensé but in thé team aspect. I would feel comfortable deploying any of thèse lines in any situation at any time of the year. 

6 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

Even Don Cherry's gotta respect a Euro like Landeskog who plays a gritty North American style game.

Yes to Landeskog for sure.

Hell no to Marleau. Hate players who have size but don't use it. For a guy who is 6 foot 2 and 220 Marleau plays more like he is 5 foot 10 and 180 pounds.

It's a contact sport little guys gotta play big. Big guys though can't play small!!

Remember when Bieksa, all 5'11 1/2, 190lbs dripping wet - speed bagged Mareau into oblivion?  That was funny given the size difference.  NO way to Marleau, Yes if we were talking Palvelski or Couture.   Tanev for Landeskog is would be ok...Tanev for Edler would be awesome.  For your viewing pleasure.

Marleau might not be quite as bad as some are saying.  Overpriced for what he brings? Yes.  But we really need to shore up that 2nd line, and he is still producing.  He's not a supreme hitter or anything, but he does bring some size to that line.  Best of all, he's unrestricted at the end of the season so I imagine he could be had for a very reasonable price.  Though I'd expect if he continued his career he'd go back to San Jose, it also gives us a foot in the door to extend him for a cheap contract for a couple of years, and he could be an extremely serviceable 3rd liner at that point.

As for Landeskog, that would be amazing, but as I've said many times I just don't think we have the assets; at least not the assets we would want to give up for what it takes to acquire him.

48 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Remember when Bieksa, all 5'11 1/2, 190lbs dripping wet - speed bagged Mareau into oblivion?  That was funny given the size difference.  NO way to Marleau, Yes if we were talking Palvelski or Couture.   Tanev for Landeskog is would be ok...Tanev for Edler would be awesome.  For your viewing pleasure.

Yeah i remember.

being somewhat embarrassed.

Did't we just put this chump to rest?  The lawn bowling playing winga from down unda who was a freelance golf reporta for years?

Yes....will certainly believe him 

As well in the article it does not note once that the canucks are looking at anyone, only that some guy named Aly Dhanani thinks Landeskog is a good idea or fit...

This is not a rumour or speculation.  it is a fat balding guy who couldn't hack the golf beat learning lawn bowling looking for clicks.

3 hours ago, deus.ex.makina said:

Landeskog to van for Edler, Virtanen and 17' 1st.
or

Landeskog to van for Tanev, Baerstchi and torts's 2nd.

the worst offer for us would be Tanev, Virtanen and 17's 1st, but even tho it should be studied. 

Landeskog is just a capitaine 1st line winger. nothing less. 

off the radar, what about the benning's plan A two seasons ago? get Iginla for a reasonable price (aka Sbisa and middle prospect or torts 2nd) ? he could still put up points, and this is his final year so no risk... 

So...we give Col EVERYTHING they need plus a pick olus a player for Landeskog alone?

If any of those deals presented themselves Sakic would hand us the lube and whisper thank you in our ear.

Hall=Larson

Landeskog= Top D Blue chip + pick?

Archived