The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PTO] T.Ruutu (and Sheppard) confirmed with Vancouver

Visp

I liked both players when they were younger and healthier. Maybe some healing and training has restored some of their previous vigour.

Good to push the young guys but I really do not want one of these guys to take away a roster spot from up and comers like  Gaunce or Virtanen unless they are proven to be umpteen times better.

I would suspect Ruutu's been brought in as a respected Finnish vet to help whip up Granny and Juolevi. Nice to have a good fellow countrymen in the mix when you're trying to adjust to a new league and grind, particularly for Juolevi's sake. Plus who knows, maybe he can find some traction in camp and surprises people? Don't mind either PTO this year. 

8 minutes ago, Virtanen#18 said:

This is a dream day for us all! Finally new names attached to our team.... add Fleishmann to the mix and CDC is gonna explode!!! 

Seriously though...  I'd take all these 3 guys over Granlund, Etem and Gaunce. 

I'd take Etem and Gaunce over Sheppard and Ruutu any day of the year..

10 minutes ago, Virtanen#18 said:

This is a dream day for us all! Finally new names attached to our team.... add Fleishmann to the mix and CDC is gonna explode!!! 

Wow, thank god your not the GM then. There is a reason Granlund , Etem and Gaunce have contracts and Sheppard and Ruutu don't.

9 minutes ago, Virtanen#18 said:

I'd take Granny, Etem and Gaunce over those 3 guys every time.

2 hours ago, Spitfire_Spiky said:

They are just to fill roster spots for the first couple preseason games while players are away at the Word Cup. If they have a good showing then great and if not no loss on our behalf.

Exactly this.  Neither of these guys have shown anything in the NHL for several years now, and there's no way they take a place that could go to a guy like Gaunce. 

35 minutes ago, garthsbutcher said:

Wow, thank god your not the GM then. There is a reason Granlund , Etem and Gaunce have contracts and Sheppard and Ruutu don't.

Don't take my words seriously...  I just want the team to be note active and creative...  nobody can say for sure the PTO guys are not gonna help... it's the new economic climate for NHL now... even a guy to put up 25 pts a season may nor win a contract!!!  

14 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Better just be for competition at camp. 

Gaunce has earned his shot. Would be an absolute stupid waste of a prospect to not give the guy 20 games to start the season, if you're not happy with him by then. Trade

Even without these guys Gaunce is likely in Utica until injuries and/or the TDL.

Archived