Visp

Roster:

Sedin - Sedin - Eriksson
Baertschi - Sutter - Hansen
_____ - Horvat - _____

_____ - ______ - Dorsett
_____

That's all the spots that are guaranteed, the rest have to earn it:

(Etem, Rodin, Gaunce, Granlund, Burrows, Virtanen)

Vancouver is a good spot for PTOs right now, I see a lot of questionable spots. 

3 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Roster:

Sedin - Sedin - Eriksson
Baertschi - Sutter - Hansen
_____ - Horvat - _____

_____ - ______ - Dorsett
_____

That's all the spots that are guaranteed, the rest have to earn it:

(Etem, Rodin, Gaunce, Granlund, Burrows, Virtanen)

Vancouver is a good spot for PTOs right now, I see a lot of questionable spots. 

Totally agree!!! I don't understand why so many ppl are writing off those PTOs without even seeing them on the ice... they won't always be like Todd Fedoruk or Owen Nolan!! 

I'd rather see Fleishmann over Sheppard though.... 

30 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Even without these guys Gaunce is likely in Utica until injuries and/or the TDL.

I love Burr, and appreciate what Dors brings to the ice, but I want Gaunce to make those two look washed up at camp and get that spot. If he fails to do that, seems like another good candidate for a Jensen-Etem, Shink-Granny style prospect swap.

I'm always a little conflicted when it comes to PTOs.  

I like the idea of both Sheppard and Ruutu coming into camp on a PTO...but gonna have to say that if either of them makes the team ahead of players like Gaunce, Granlund, Etem, Virtanen, and Rodin, it is going to be an indictment on the lack of development of these players.  

In a near-perfect world, Gaunce, Granlund, Etem, Virtanen and Rodin are good enough to make the Canucks this fall and have an impact as either top nine or fourth line players.  

In a perfect world, the preceding happens, and Sheppard and Ruutu provides the intended extra competition at camp, and signs AHL contracts with the Comets spending the season providing depth on the farm and potential emergency signing opportunities for the Canucks. 

21 minutes ago, HK Phooey said:

I'm always a little conflicted when it comes to PTOs.  

I like the idea of both Sheppard and Ruutu coming into camp on a PTO...but gonna have to say that if either of them makes the team ahead of players like Gaunce, Granlund, Etem, Virtanen, and Rodin, it is going to be an indictment on the lack of development of these players.  

In a near-perfect world, Gaunce, Granlund, Etem, Virtanen and Rodin are good enough to make the Canucks this fall and have an impact as either top nine or fourth line players.  

In a perfect world, the preceding happens, and Sheppard and Ruutu provides the intended extra competition at camp, and signs AHL contracts with the Comets spending the season providing depth on the farm and potential emergency signing opportunities for the Canucks. 

Ruutu had one point in 33 games last season and Sheppard was playing in the Swiss league. I wouldn't worry about them beating out anyone.

Best case scenario is that they show they have some game left and sign a two-way contract to play in Utica.

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Ruutu had one point in 33 games last season and Sheppard was playing in the Swiss league. I wouldn't worry about them beating out anyone.

Best case scenario is that they show they have some game left and sign a two-way contract to play in Utica.

No.  The best case scenario is that they have enough game and sign an AHL contract with the Comets that includes a clause that gives the Canucks the first right of refusal to sign them to a two-way NHL contract.

So, what was the point of buying out Higgins if we're bringing in these two? Nothing against Sheppard or Ruutu, but I don't get the reasoning behind this.

The only reason why I can understand Ruutu having a shot is to maybe mentor the likes of the our finnish players (Juolevi, and mainly Granlund). 

I also want our damn young guys to actually have a legitimate chance of cracking the roster (Gaunce, Etem, Granlund, Virtanen, Grenier, etc). 

Besides, if we're bringing in Ruutu because he's a leader, or a 'foundational' player type, is Burrows, Sutter, Dorsett, Sedins, etc not enough?

2 hours ago, Virtanen#18 said:

This is a dream day for us all! Finally new names attached to our team.... add Fleishmann to the mix and CDC is gonna explode!!! 

Seriously though...  I'd take all these 3 guys over Granlund, Etem and Gaunce. 

Thankfully you don't run our hockey team.

14 minutes ago, Odd. said:

So, what was the point of buying out Higgins if we're bringing in these two? Nothing against Sheppard or Ruutu, but I don't get the reasoning behind this.

The only reason why I can understand Ruutu having a shot is to maybe mentor the likes of the our finnish players (Juolevi, and mainly Granlund). 

I also want our damn young guys to actually have a legitimate chance of cracking the roster (Gaunce, Etem, Granlund, Virtanen, Grenier, etc). 

Besides, if we're bringing in Ruutu because he's a leader, or a 'foundational' player type, is Burrows, Sutter, Dorsett, Sedins, etc not enough?

What's the point??? Coz Higgins was making $2.5M?? Sheppard will take $700k and Ruutu will probably take $850k???

14 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Can I tell you how many PTO's have made the Canucks in the past twenty years? It rhymes with "hero". Relax, we need skaters at Camp with players in the World Cup.

Why over analyze and get your Underoos in a bunch?

3 minutes ago, TheCammer said:

Can I tell you how many PTO's have made the Canucks in the past twenty years? It rhymes with "hero". Relax, we need skaters at Camp with players in the World Cup.

Why over analyze and get your Underoos in a bunch?

Schaefer doesn't rhyme with hero.  Or does it, since he was placed on unrecallable waivers for the purposes of buying out 20 games into the season?

55 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

how do you know maybe he trained all summer like a beast 

Maybe he did.

I wasn't saying it in a negative way, I really like the Ruutus and hope he does still have some good hockey left in him, but at this point it doesn't look like he does.

Archived