The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] F Valeri Nichushkin to KHL

TDemko16

8 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

What in the world could Lindy Ruff have done to him to make him want to flee the country.  Ruff is a pretty good guy and a good coach.

He was trying to give him constructive criticism and some people can't handle that. 

Just now, SabreFan1 said:

What in the world could Lindy Ruff have done to him to make him want to flee the country.  Ruff is a pretty good guy and a good coach.

I think he isn't happy with his role on the team. They are the highest scoring team in the league and they really don't need his offensive talents enough to make adjustments for him. 

I like this move for both sides. Nichushkin's hasn't progressed like everyone has expected. Maybe going back home might help him reach his potential. The Stars won't really miss him, they will retain his rights and hope that some time in Russia will do him some good.

Far too many Russian kids struggle to adapt to life in NA. The culture, language, size of the ice or even the style of play is vastly different from our own. If you look at some of the best young Russians they are guys who stayed in Russia till they were truly ready like Kuznetsov, Panarin and Tarasenko. Compare them to guys like Grigorenko and Yakupov who flamed out despite being more highly touted than any of those guys. I think it's time the CHL start looking into whether it is actually beneficial to bring in these Russian kids at such an early age.

4 minutes ago, Toews said:

I think he isn't happy with his role on the team. They are the highest scoring team in the league and they really don't need his offensive talents enough to make adjustments for him. 

I like this move for both sides. Nichushkin's hasn't progressed like everyone has expected. Maybe going back home might help him reach his potential. The Stars won't really miss him, they will retain his rights and hope that some time in Russia will do him some good.

Far too many Russian kids struggle to adapt to life in NA. The culture, language, size of the ice or even the style of play is vastly different from our own. If you look at some of the best young Russians they are guys who stayed in Russia till they were truly ready like Kuznetsov, Panarin and Tarasenko. Compare them to guys like Grigorenko and Yakupov who flamed out despite being more highly touted than any of those guys. I think it's time the CHL start looking into whether it is actually beneficial to bring in these Russian kids at such an early age.

Wasn't Yak already over here though? Played in the CHL before NHL?
He just got drafted to the wrong organization. :lol:

Just now, Toews said:

If I were a GM, I would be leery of taking Russians as well as college players in the first two rounds of a draft.

25 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

To anyone that was upset with us passing on him to pick Bo.....Enjoy crow..

25 minutes ago, TimberWolf said:

Where are all the people that were mad we used that pick on Bo?

Funny enough, I'm quite mad at alot of draft choices in hindsite but he was never one of them. The Russian factor is true and as expected, it happened here.

He can't handle adversity and runs the first time things get hard.

Archived