The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] F Valeri Nichushkin to KHL

TDemko16

46 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Anyone be offended if Benning offered a B prospect and or a pick like a 2nd or 3rd for him or his rights now?

I'd still bite and hope for the best

I hope that's the case and he comes here and does well. 

(Especially since I have him in my fantasy league :ph34r:)

3 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

What in the world could Lindy Ruff have done to him to make him want to flee the country.  Ruff is a pretty good guy and a good coach.

We all know it's not what Ruff did to him - it's what Nill didn't do, which is giving him a ridiculous contract that he was likely asking for. 

Good riddance - Dallas still owns you buddy, even if you try to run away. 

Could be the infamous Russian standoff.  Give me what I want or I take my stick and puck and go home.  

The NHL game is not for everyone.  It takes more than just skill.  That's why it's the Greatest League in the world. (well except for Gary Bettman and the Leafs)

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Anyone be offended if Benning offered a B prospect and or a pick like a 2nd or 3rd for him or his rights now?

I'd still bite and hope for the best

Do you really want a guy who threatens to leave if he doesn't get his way?  I sure wouldn't.

If he was your unproven skilled employee outside of hockey, you'd probably tell him to go enjoy his new job and call again in the future if he ever grows up and realizes that you and the rest of your employees aren't there to cater to his wants.

8 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Could see Nichushkin traded. But the only way a team pays anything decent is if they can agree too a contract prior to the trade occurring.  That is going too put dallas in a tough place without question.

i don't feel bad for Dallas at........all. 

20 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Do you really want a guy who threatens to leave if he doesn't get his way?  I sure wouldn't.

If he was your unproven skilled employee outside of hockey, you'd probably tell him to go enjoy his new job and call again in the future if he ever grows up and realizes that you and the rest of your employees aren't there to cater to his wants.

If you can nail down a guy with his potential for as little as a midling pick or at least his rights and manage to keep him in the NHL it's worth the risk.  At worst you've lost a pick yet retained the rights of a guy going home to a country and league facing economic ruin in the near future at best you've bought a kid who has all the size speed and skill in the world yet is showing the Kovalev factor

Besides, how's O'Reilly doing since he threatened the Avs he'd take his ball and go home?

Seems to be doing ok (russian factor not withstanding) and still playing even after his crazy demands pre trade

2 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

i don't feel bad for Dallas at........all. 

I don't for them as an organization.  But for the nhl as a whole.  Its a bit of a pain in the butt.  They should make a stipulation for players outside north america.  If you sign an entry level deal in the nhl you need to remain in the nhl for the first 5-7 years.  If you leave without the blessing of your nhl team you are not allowed to return to the nhl.

Time to play hard ball with these greedy buggers.

By doing this you would lock them in for at least one contract past their entry level deal.  They would be 25-27 before leaving. (if 7 years).

Archived