The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Islanders Re-Sign Ryan Strome

ItsMillerTime

16 hours ago, Xbox said:

The amount of money players are getting for putting up weak numbers is getting concerning.

I know what you mean

but Strome not really a good example of that. Bridge deal for a 23 year old who would have produced around 40 points his first season had he played the full 82, hit 50 points two years ago and an off season last season. 

Definitely a a lot of players who are older getting overpaid for okay production though 

Two years at 2.5 per for a 1sr round pick is a safe gamble. He had a great year in first full season in the NHL, so I am sure the Islanders are betting that last season was a bit of a sophmore slump. This is a fair bridge/prove yourself contract. If he has a season similar to 14/15, he's going to be one of the best bargains in the NHL.

8 hours ago, DeNiro said:

The next Niedereitter?

I wonder how much he'd cost in a trade. Do we have someone of Cal Clutterbuck's caliber?

Islanders should probably just pass their pick if they have a 4th or 5th overall or at least trade it.

Since 2010:

Dal Colle 5th overall

G. Rienhart 4th overall

Strome 5th overaall

Niederreiter 5th overall

If those draft years were re-done, none of those players would even be selected in the top 15. 

On September 21, 2016 at 9:41 AM, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Islanders should probably just pass their pick if they have a 4th or 5th overall or at least trade it.

Since 2010:

Dal Colle 5th overall

G. Rienhart 4th overall

Strome 5th overaall

Niederreiter 5th overall

If those draft years were re-done, none of those players would even be selected in the top 15. 

Niederreiter is good though.

3 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Not for a 5th overall pick. 

As I said, he wouldn't even be top 15 if that draft was re-done. 

Hall, Seguin, Johansen, Schwartz, Taresenko, Kuznetsov, Bjugstad, Fowler, Skinner, Faulk, Klingberg, Coyle, Gudbranson and Granlund. I think Nino would be around 11-15 in that list

2 minutes ago, ItsMillerTime said:

Hall, Seguin, Johansen, Schwartz, Taresenko, Kuznetsov, Bjugstad, Fowler, Skinner, Faulk, Klingberg, Coyle, Gudbranson and Granlund. I think Nino would be around 11-15 in that list

Mark Stone, Gallahger, Mrazek,  Andersen, You could probably put Hayes, Toffoli, Nelson ahead of him too.  He's not a bust, but he's far from what you want when you are drafting a 5th overall pick. 

Archived