The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Definitive Thread of Unequivocal Boredom

Rate this topic

Tre Mac

18 hours ago, Phil_314 said:

Keep hearing from people who are above 30 or who are married that occasions like Halloween aren't for them, and sometimes they don't even attend the parties if they are invited or they leave early.  While there is some basis (more so for singles to meet and get drunk, party, etc.) but would they not be able to at least enjoy occasions??

Getting a hangover doesn't feel like it did at 19. If I stayed late and got drunk it would feel like I got hit by a Mac truck the next morning, much more enjoyable to see your friends, hang out for a bit, and be home by 11.

5 hours ago, brilac said:

I bought all organic today at the grocery store.  @Tre Mac and others, do you buy organic?

I don't eat veggies lol.  Chicken and rice makes up 99% of my meals.  The Chicken I get is from the butcher, roughly $3.50 per breast. 

Occasionally, but not frequently. I eat a lot of veggies, give them a rinse off and it's not a big deal. I'm also confused about what organic even means. No pesticides? What about organic pesticides? You know what is organic? Oil. If I make pesticides from hydrocarbons can they be certified organic? It's called organic chemistry for a reason.

I like organic fruits and vegetables.  It tastes better, even bananas that are organic compared to non organic.  

Which reminds me of the time, which is totally non organic.  I really like this Hershey's chocolate bar with the toffee and almonds that they sell in B.C.and other places, not WA state, so whenever I would go to hockey games, I would buy those candy bars, and eat them at the hotel and walking down the street.  Then one day I had this great idea to do a taste test.  I bought enough to take home, and when I got home, I went to the grocery store and bought a Symphony bar. Then I put both candy bars on my coffee table, and did the taste test.  I prefer the Hershey's chocolate bar with almonds and toffee over the Symphony bar.  The Symphony bar is sweeter, but I really like the Hershey's bar.  I think I posted it somewhere on here, maybe I posted it in this thread. 

On 11/6/2016 at 1:31 PM, brilac said:

Alright the Sunday Delight!  The all important taste test!

Which is better?!!

The Hershey's Symphony bar with Almonds and Toffee I got in Seattle

OR

The Hershey's Almonds & Toffee bar I got in Vancouver

After purchasing the bars, making a second trip up to Vancouver/going to see the Canucks play, I needed to purchase this Almonds & Toffee bar.  I was in love with it the first time, and could not find this bar in Seattle! 

So here it is and paired with coffee: 

Winner:  The Hershey's Symphony bar!!!!!!

It's sweeter and has more toffee in it, but less almonds. I have a sweet tooth and really like toffee.

Awww, it is!  But I wrote I like the Symphony bar.  But I really like the other bar! 

19 minutes ago, brilac said:

I like organic fruits and vegetables.  It tastes better, even bananas that are organic compared to non organic.  

Which reminds me of the time, which is totally non organic.  I really like this Hershey's chocolate bar with the toffee and almonds that they sell in B.C.and other places, not WA state, so whenever I would go to hockey games, I would buy those candy bars, and eat them at the hotel and walking down the street.  Then one day I had this great idea to do a taste test.  I bought enough to take home, and when I got home, I went to the grocery store and bought a Symphony bar. Then I put both candy bars on my coffee table, and did the taste test.  I prefer the Hershey's chocolate bar with almonds and toffee over the Symphony bar.  The Symphony bar is sweeter, but I really like the Hershey's bar.  I think I posted it somewhere on here, maybe I posted it in this thread. 

when I was a teen and spent time in seattle (delridge area) I noticed at corner stores and larger stores the selection wasn't as good as it was in canada , and my American cousins noticed that  our selection was better as well,.  when they came to visit us.

10 hours ago, brilac said:

I despise nuts so I never liked any chocolate bars that had them, my favorite bars as a kid where crispy crunch and reese peanut butter cups.  No chocolate bars nowadays, trying to keep my weight down.  Instead I satisfy my sweet tooth with toast, I get high fibre bread from the bakery and usually put some maple spread on it or Nutella and peanut butter, so good!

I had this scale that measures body fat and all that after you enter your height and age, etc.  So ever since I owned it I've been in the red in terms of being overweight and such, well for the first time ever I reached the green, now down to 190lbs. Which is good because I couldn't do much physical activity these last 2 weeks because of a nasty cold.  Still got a long ways to go but I can tell the waist is getting slimmer.

35 minutes ago, brilac said:

Happy post birthday Tre Mac! Did you do anything fun or exciting?

My birthday is in April.  I'm thinking about going mudlarking or the Playoffs.

Thanks!  Nah, just booked the day off work and slept in lol.

20 hours ago, chon derry said:

when I was a teen and spent time in seattle (delridge area) I noticed at corner stores and larger stores the selection wasn't as good as it was in canada , and my American cousins noticed that  our selection was better as well,.  when they came to visit us.

Yeah, that reminds me of wine as well.  I really enjoy drinking the 1/2 litres at the restaurants, but in Seattle and other places, they offer it by the glass, not 1/2 litre.  When I go to Vancouver or Victoria, Montreal, and other places, when I am in the mood for wine, I order the 1/2 litre. It's nice to sit down and drink my wine without ordering more, and look out the window people watching.