The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Definitive Thread of Unequivocal Boredom

Rate this topic

Tre Mac

Trying to figure out what to do for my birthday.  Neither of my teams are making the Playoffs this year, so I will not be going to Montreal this year.   I was thinking of flying to Victoria from South Lake Union and eating at the Vista 18 for lunch, and then having a zen moment in James Bay, and then flying back, and eating somewhere in South Lake Union or Purple.  I like the view at the Vista 18.  Hmmm, I am thinking about that. 

My apartment building is doing an annual inspection for each unit next week, and I am a little stressed.  The thing is, my cat can act insane when I am not around, by not letting people in, guarding her home, stuff like that.  She didn't let the pet sitter in once, and I received a call while that was happening.  

I'm thinking I can talk to the manager about scheduling a time, saying I have a cat, and I want to make sure everything goes okay, that kitty is fine.  Having them think I am a concerned pet owner, like an over protected cat owner, that I want to make sure little precious is okay.  Like I am the crazy one.  

On ‎04‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 8:09 PM, brilac said:

The thing is, my cat can act insane when I am not around, by not letting people in, guarding her home, stuff like that.  She didn't let the pet sitter in once, and I received a call while that was happening.  

Wow that's crazy.  Every cat I had to pet sit would just hide under the bed. 

I am so exhausted.  My work is just piling more and more on to my already heavy workload.  It's not just the physical fatigue but I find myself mentally exhausted as well.  I've been to busy to post in my favorite thread.

50 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

I am so exhausted.  My work is just piling more and more on to my already heavy workload.  It's not just the physical fatigue but I find myself mentally exhausted as well.  I've been to busy to post in my favorite thread.

I'm extremely exhausted.  I've been at my desk all day doing and doing.  I've been exhausted for a while.  I'm one of these people who can act positive and professional at the same time, and do everything with ease, but I'm extremely exhausted.

8 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Wow that's crazy.  Every cat I had to pet sit would just hide under the bed. 

She's done other things too.  I had this boyfriend years ago, and we were arguing, and she was next to me, and he went to pet her, and she hissed and tried to attack.  And another time, he was taking a bath, and she went into the bathroom, and jumped up on his chest and starred at him.  She did not like him.  

I had another cat many years ago named Benji.  I came home one day, and all the crosses were bitten off the rosaries.  He loved doing that.  Another time, I heard a big yelp, and he rushed under my bed, and was stiff.  And he bit me, and became un-stiff.  I was like - What's wrong with Benji?!! Benji had been playing with a cord, and may have been electrocuted. I even lost my keys once, and there they were, in the litter box.  That's Benji!

Then there was Kitty.  Kitty was this gorgeous white Persian cat who everyone liked.  He loved French bread and candy.  

• Haha 1

So I like H&M and Zara better in Vancouver than Seattle.  And when I am in Vancouver, I think, oh I will just buy it in Seattle.  That way I don't have to pack it home. Then today, I went to H&M and Zara in Seattle, and they did not have the same stuff at the stores that I liked in Vancouver! I was like, ok, I need to remember that no, I need to buy it when I see it, rather than wait, and thinking that it will be at the store in Seattle. 

Also I find it really amusing that some think there's assigned seating on the bus! Like, this is the bus, this is not luxury.  This is a cheap way of getting from Seattle to Vancouver and vice versa.  If they want assigned seating, they can either fly or take the train.  

On ‎07‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 7:26 PM, brilac said:

So I like H&M and Zara better in Vancouver than Seattle.  And when I am in Vancouver, I think, oh I will just buy it in Seattle.  That way I don't have to pack it home. Then today, I went to H&M and Zara in Seattle, and they did not have the same stuff at the stores that I liked in Vancouver! I was like, ok, I need to remember that no, I need to buy it when I see it, rather than wait, and thinking that it will be at the store in Seattle. 

Also I find it really amusing that some think there's assigned seating on the bus! Like, this is the bus, this is not luxury.  This is a cheap way of getting from Seattle to Vancouver and vice versa.  If they want assigned seating, they can either fly or take the train.  

If I ever get a passport(and judging by the application it'll be awhile, I got stuck on the second part :o) I want to take a nice train ride from Vancouver to Portland.  I still don't think I could fly, but a nice relaxing train ride sounds nice.  I heard there is little to no tax in Portland, I could use some clothes(I'd wear it all back like a G to avoid customs).

32 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

If I ever get a passport(and judging by the application it'll be awhile, I got stuck on the second part :o) I want to take a nice train ride from Vancouver to Portland.  I still don't think I could fly, but a nice relaxing train ride sounds nice.  I heard there is little to no tax in Portland, I could use some clothes(I'd wear it all back like a G to avoid customs).

I've been wanting to take the train or bus down to Portland. I have not been there since 2003.  

I went to London and Paris for almost a month in 2005, and shopped and shopped, and was over the duty limit when I came back, so I organized the items into 2 piles - London and Paris, and the agent told me I was over the limit, and I told him he did not understand, that the Pound was almost double and the Euro was at 1.5, and on and on.  He had enough of me, and let me go without paying duty. 

Also if your looking at getting a passport, there's also Enchanced Driver's Licenses / ID cards.  That's what they are called in WA state, and I think they are offerred in B.C. that will get you across the border by land or water, but not flying.  I have one, and I use it as a backup, like if I am out and about, and I want to go to B.C. without going home to get my passport.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, brilac said:

Also if your looking at getting a passport, there's also Enchanced Driver's Licenses / ID cards.  That's what they are called in WA state, and I think they are offerred in B.C. that will get you across the border by land or water, but not flying.  I have one, and I use it as a backup, like if I am out and about, and I want to go to B.C. without going home to get my passport.

You just blew my mind!  I just printed out the guide and re-ordered my birth cert., plus my driver licence expires this year anyways.  This seems a lot easier to acquire than a passport.  I just want cheap gas!

• Upvote 1

I think I know what I am doing for my birthday.  I may stay in Seattle, but if Victoria is super sunny on my birthday, I may go.

My plan is:

Morning will consist of dessert and coffee, and then wearing my most fashionable sunglasses with my best dress, shoes, and handbag. 

Then Lunch will consist of second hand shopping, and eating at Mamas Mexican Kitchen, unless some other lunch place super entices me. 

Dinner will consist of seafood, wine, and dessert. 

On 11/04/2018 at 3:04 PM, Tre Mac said:

You just blew my mind!  I just printed out the guide and re-ordered my birth cert., plus my driver licence expires this year anyways.  This seems a lot easier to acquire than a passport.  I just want cheap gas!

Quit being a lazy ass and just get your &^@#ing passport dude.

Get a Notary to sign off as your guarantor if you're having problems there. You've already got your birth certificate on the way, a care card and a DL.

You're set. Get a ten year passport and USE IT FOR MORE THAN GAS!

Go somewhere awesome that isn't in North America, even if it puts you back a bit. Travel. 

24 minutes ago, brilac said:

I think I know what I am doing for my birthday.  I may stay in Seattle, but if Victoria is super sunny on my birthday, I may go.

My plan is:

Morning will consist of dessert and coffee, and then wearing my most fashionable sunglasses with my best dress, shoes, and handbag. 

Then Lunch will consist of second hand shopping, and eating at Mamas Mexican Kitchen, unless some other lunch place super entices me. 

Dinner will consist of seafood, wine, and dessert. 

It's been raining for the last 200 days in Vic. Unless your birthday is in mid July, it won't be sunny.

Worst spring ever. I'm not bitter about it at all.

So today is my special day.  I slept in, and went for dessert and coffee for breakfast.  Went to the second hand shops and clothing stores, which I did not find anything worth buying.  Now I am eating at this place in the market - Seatown. I think it's owned by Tom Douglas.  Same with the other 2 restaurants besides it.  Enjoying the champagne.  I have bus tickets to go to Portland tomorrow, so I better be conservative with the champagne.  

Thursday was Victoria

Friday - Seattle and sleeping in

Saturday - Portland 

Now it's time to watch the NKOTB concert on the Roku channel.  It is a recent performance.  They are in their 40's now, can you believe that?! Jordan is the most fun one and fun to look at.  

And the team at my apartment building sent me this! How fun, and candy with it!

20180420_183809-1.thumb.jpg.ae78cc30ca89522aa49f6ce02c8ff418.jpg

• Cheers 1
On April 20, 2018 at 6:58 PM, brilac said:

Now it's time to watch the NKOTB concert on the Roku channel.  It is a recent performance.  They are in their 40's now, can you believe that?! Jordan is the most fun one and fun to look at.  

And the team at my apartment building sent me this! How fun, and candy with it!

20180420_183809-1.thumb.jpg.ae78cc30ca89522aa49f6ce02c8ff418.jpg

Happy birthday!

• Thanks 1