The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Definitive Thread of Unequivocal Boredom

Rate this topic

Tre Mac

• 2 weeks later...

I keep testing the lock on my front door and the handle.  Someone 10-15 minutes ago tried putting their key in the front door turning the handle, trying to get in.  I don't know if they thought they lived here since there are other units that have a private entrance, or who knows.  I am a little freaked out right now.  I was not properly dressed when this has occurring.  I was in a tank top and leggings and no shoes.  I was watching the handle turn and turn, and the person repeatedly put their key in.  I put on a shirt and put on my shoes, then I heard the door open via the buzzer through the main entrance of the building.  I was ready to go out the back door with my phone to the main entrance and confront the person since it is was a safety issue to confront the person by opening the door or peaking through the blinds.  

The door seems secure.  I tested it many times. It's a little loose if you force it back and fourth a few times.  I don't know why this person put their key in my door and turned the handle many times and re-put their key in.  Do they live in the building?  Is each apartment key to the building designed to put the key in the hole or can any key do that?  I have a bit of anxiety right now.  This has happened to my back door a few times.  The first time I got up and watched the person through the peep hole, and the person realized that it was the wrong apartment.  The second time, I opened the door and we both starred at each other, and this person asked if it was apartment ..., and I said no.  

The door seems secure, I tested it many times.  Should I schedule a maintenance call for safety issues, making sure this is 100% secure.  Can any key,  if it is not an apartment key for this building put their key into the key hole?  I am keeping a lookout, I am ready to go out the back door with my phone to call 911 if this is an intruder. 

On 3/30/2019 at 9:19 PM, brilac said:

I keep testing the lock on my front door and the handle.  Someone 10-15 minutes ago tried putting their key in the front door turning the handle, trying to get in.  I don't know if they thought they lived here since there are other units that have a private entrance, or who knows.  I am a little freaked out right now.  I was not properly dressed when this has occurring.  I was in a tank top and leggings and no shoes.  I was watching the handle turn and turn, and the person repeatedly put their key in.  I put on a shirt and put on my shoes, then I heard the door open via the buzzer through the main entrance of the building.  I was ready to go out the back door with my phone to the main entrance and confront the person since it is was a safety issue to confront the person by opening the door or peaking through the blinds.  

The door seems secure.  I tested it many times. It's a little loose if you force it back and fourth a few times.  I don't know why this person put their key in my door and turned the handle many times and re-put their key in.  Do they live in the building?  Is each apartment key to the building designed to put the key in the hole or can any key do that?  I have a bit of anxiety right now.  This has happened to my back door a few times.  The first time I got up and watched the person through the peep hole, and the person realized that it was the wrong apartment.  The second time, I opened the door and we both starred at each other, and this person asked if it was apartment ..., and I said no.  

The door seems secure, I tested it many times.  Should I schedule a maintenance call for safety issues, making sure this is 100% secure.  Can any key,  if it is not an apartment key for this building put their key into the key hole?  I am keeping a lookout, I am ready to go out the back door with my phone to call 911 if this is an intruder. 

When I moved into my condo I never locked the door because I figured there are so many old people here they would be targeted first(savage, I know).  So I am coming out of  the shower with nothing but a towel on and I went to check on my dinner when this old lady just walks in lol.  So we both froze with what felt like an eternity and finally I was like 'uh, think you're in the wrong place.'  Worse yet, she kept the door open so other people walking by saw me as well.  Good times. 

Some thugs will just casually attempt to open any door as they walk by and if they get busted they'll just give out a fake name 'oh sorry I thought ########## lives here.'  Probably a good idea to call maintenance, unless they're old than it's probably just a mistake.   

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

When I moved into my condo I never locked the door because I figured there are so many old people here they would be targeted first(savage, I know).  So I am coming out of  the shower with nothing but a towel on and I went to check on my dinner when this old lady just walks in lol.  So we both froze with what felt like an eternity and finally I was like 'uh, think you're in the wrong place.'  Worse yet, she kept the door open so other people walking by saw me as well.  Good times. 

Some thugs will just casually attempt to open any door as they walk by and if they get busted they'll just give out a fake name 'oh sorry I thought ########## lives here.'  Probably a good idea to call maintenance, unless they're old than it's probably just a mistake.   

That's hilarious, some old lady walking in while you are in a towel and keeping the door open! 

I had the maintenance manager look at the door yesterday.  He advised the door is secure, as well as the windows and glass, and that someone's key would break first before the lock breaking. 

My lease ends in a year.  I like the place, but incidents and living in Seattle is not really my thing.  I live here because it is convenient.  I can get on a float plane and go to Vancouver, Victoria, or the San Juans, as well as take a plane from Seatac to San Francisco or wherever, and Seattle is getting a new Hockey team.  I lived on the Olympic Peninsula for a few years when I was in my early/mid 20's.   I really enjoyed going to the wineries and drinking wine, and taking the ferry to Victoria.  I used to go walk around James Bay and drink wine at the Vista 18, and go to Value Village and get a kick out of Curling trophies because at the time there were so many of them, and it was like seeing Baseball trophies at the Goodwill on the Olympic Peninsula.  Once I went over to Victoria for Boxing Day to go shopping, and after shopping, I went to the Vista 18 to drink wine, relax.  And I just kept on drinking wine, and as soon as I realized, I had 20 minutes to get on the ferry.  So I paid and rushed out of there, but I got on the ferry in time.  

Who know's, maybe I will find the perfect town to live in, maybe I will go check out an island close to Seattle, or a town where I can take the bus to Seattle or train to Seattle. 

A few years ago I took the train from Montreal to Ottawa, and there's this stop about half way between Montreal and Ottawa, and ever since then, it has been in my mind, and I could never remember the name, and I kept calling it Anderson, but it's not that.  So tonight I Googled it, and I think it is Alexandria, ON.  I remember that train station, I thought what a neat area that was.  Something about that area that stuck out at me, but I could not remember the name of that town.  But now, I think it is Alexandria, ON.  I must go there when I go back to Montreal.  I don't know when I am going to Montreal next, but I will make a point to go there, just to get off, walk around, and either get back to go to Ottawa or Montreal.   If it is not Alexandria, ON, and it is another stop, I will get off at that stop.  It will be a little adventure for when I go to Montreal, whenever that will be. 

13 hours ago, brilac said:

My lease ends in a year.  I like the place, but incidents and living in Seattle is not really my thing.  I live here because it is convenient.  I can get on a float plane and go to Vancouver, Victoria, or the San Juans, as well as take a plane from Seatac to San Francisco or wherever, and Seattle is getting a new Hockey team.  I lived on the Olympic Peninsula for a few years when I was in my early/mid 20's.   I really enjoyed going to the wineries and drinking wine, and taking the ferry to Victoria.  I used to go walk around James Bay and drink wine at the Vista 18, and go to Value Village and get a kick out of Curling trophies because at the time there were so many of them, and it was like seeing Baseball trophies at the Goodwill on the Olympic Peninsula.  Once I went over to Victoria for Boxing Day to go shopping, and after shopping, I went to the Vista 18 to drink wine, relax.  And I just kept on drinking wine, and as soon as I realized, I had 20 minutes to get on the ferry.  So I paid and rushed out of there, but I got on the ferry in time.  

Who know's, maybe I will find the perfect town to live in, maybe I will go check out an island close to Seattle, or a town where I can take the bus to Seattle or train to Seattle. 

I love living near the water, obviously can't afford waterfront property or anything, but that's why I never left White Rock even though it's getting crowded but that applies to every other place in the lower mainland.  

So there's this couple in a neighboring building that always crank up Van Morrison when they're having sex, they're not fooling anybody.  It's always the same album too, I find that hilarious.

5 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

So there's this couple in a neighboring building that always crank up Van Morrison when they're having sex, they're not fooling anybody.  It's always the same album too, I find that hilarious.

That must be 'their album.'

• Haha 1

So my birthday is coming up, and in past years I have gone to Montreal, Victoria, Vancouver, Iceland, Portland, Quebec City, and other places.  This year, I may stay in WA.  I'm thinking Port Townsend, Whidbey Island, or Bainbridge Island, or somewhere close.  I was thinking about one of my favorite wineries on the Olympic Peninsula, and their wine is sold at the grocery stores on the Olympic Peninsula, so if I decide to go to Port Townsend, I can stop at the grocery store, and buy a few bottles.  I don't know.  I could totally be random, and wake up in the middle of the night, and be like, I am going there!  Or I could do a day of hot yoga, drinking wine, and going second hand shopping.  

I've been considering hot yoga these days.  I run, do stairs as in 24-48 flights per day while skipping steps which work the thighs, and can do a wide squat to the point where it looks like I am sitting perfectly in a chair,  and walk, but I cannot get the leg size where I want them.  What is up with that?!  So hopefully hot yoga can help.  

On 4/10/2019 at 10:30 PM, brilac said:

So my birthday is coming up, and in past years I have gone to Montreal, Victoria, Vancouver, Iceland, Portland, Quebec City, and other places.  This year, I may stay in WA.  I'm thinking Port Townsend, Whidbey Island, or Bainbridge Island, or somewhere close.  I was thinking about one of my favorite wineries on the Olympic Peninsula, and their wine is sold at the grocery stores on the Olympic Peninsula, so if I decide to go to Port Townsend, I can stop at the grocery store, and buy a few bottles.  I don't know.  I could totally be random, and wake up in the middle of the night, and be like, I am going there!  Or I could do a day of hot yoga, drinking wine, and going second hand shopping.  

I've been considering hot yoga these days.  I run, do stairs as in 24-48 flights per day while skipping steps which work the thighs, and can do a wide squat to the point where it looks like I am sitting perfectly in a chair,  and walk, but I cannot get the leg size where I want them.  What is up with that?!  So hopefully hot yoga can help.  

I always enjoyed listening to  'Whidbey Island 911' on KISM 92.9 radio.  I am sure they're fake but if not, oh boy.  

• 2 weeks later...

So I was reading an article on how 80% of cats have their owners trained, and I am one of them... 5am feedings, kitty treat time, cat food preference, she prefers the small cat food cans over the big ones even though they go in her food dish.  She's almost 14, and I don't think she is going to change.

14 hours ago, brilac said:

So I was reading an article on how 80% of cats have their owners trained, and I am one of them... 5am feedings, kitty treat time, cat food preference, she prefers the small cat food cans over the big ones even though they go in her food dish.  She's almost 14, and I don't think she is going to change.

It's true!  I miss my cat but I doubt I'll get another unless I move into a house, be nice to get a dog too!

• 1 month later...

Almost June already... dam this year is flying by.  Was hoping to have a decent beach bod by now, oh well..  At least I can suck in the gut and look half decent in a pinch lol.  The important thing is I am working out and underneath a small layer of blubber there is a 6 pack dying to come out.  My core is as strong as it's ever been, i ripped off a couple of ab exercises from a video game lol, they seem to work!  Plus spending a lot of time swimming and in the sauna, my tan is mint though, already darker than some of the asians I work with(I am sure that offended somebody, oops)

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...

The other day my Mother and Niece were over, and we were in the living room chatting, and the front door was unlocked, and this guy walks in... I casually say - Hello there, starring at him.  His face turns red, and tells me he thought it was the office, and asked me where it was.  I show him, and my Mother and Niece are laughing. It was how casual I was about it, and his red face.  He was a good looking fella, like who's this good looking fella?  I must be bored and single. 

• Haha 1
13 hours ago, brilac said:

The other day my Mother and Niece were over, and we were in the living room chatting, and the front door was unlocked, and this guy walks in... I casually say - Hello there, starring at him.  His face turns red, and tells me he thought it was the office, and asked me where it was.  I show him, and my Mother and Niece are laughing. It was how casual I was about it, and his red face.  He was a good looking fella, like who's this good looking fella?  I must be bored and single. 

Careful, he may of been sincere or saw you weren't alone.  I had an old lady walk in my place once, I was doing the dishes and she walks in saw she was in the wrong place and grabbed her chest after being startled.  I was like please don't keel over in my place!

Every time I booked a day off this summer has been either cloudy of rainy.  I booked Friday off and it's looking bleak.  I hope to watch the US fireworks across the bay down at the beach Thursday night, we'll see.  

Edited by Tre Mac
55 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Careful, he may of been sincere or saw you weren't alone.  I had an old lady walk in my place once, I was doing the dishes and she walks in saw she was in the wrong place and grabbed her chest after being startled.  I was like please don't keel over in my place!

Every time I booked a day off this summer has been either cloudy of rainy.  I booked Friday off and it's looking bleak.  I hope to watch the US fireworks across the bay down at the beach Thursday night, we'll see.  

That's neat, they have Fireworks in Point Roberts for the 4th of July?  

I always lock my front door, except for that time.  

46 minutes ago, brilac said:

That's neat, they have Fireworks in Point Roberts for the 4th of July?  

I always lock my front door, except for that time.  

44 minutes ago, brilac said:

Or can you see the fireworks from the San Juans?

Usually Blaine has them.

4thJulyPoster2019-500px-1.jpg
  • Upvote 1