The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Definitive Thread of Unequivocal Boredom

Rate this topic

Tre Mac

On 10/31/2019 at 6:34 PM, brilac said:

The waiter asked me if I wanted a coffee or an espresso.  I love wine.  I really love wine.  Plus I'm quiet.  So maybe it's those 3 glasses I had that coffee may be the next thing, even though I don't say much.

You girls and your wine lol.  Hard to believe I haven't had a drink in over a year, I still smoke a lot of weed though.

I can't even remember the last time I ate out.  I am sure they do a promotional week.

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, brilac said:

@Tre Mac are you excited for 40?!   I'm reaching my late 30's in about 5 months. I haven't made celebration plans yet.  Usually in the past, I have gone to the Playoffs, B.C., Iceland, and other things. 

Nope lol.  Though at least I'll be on holidays but no plans.

• 3 weeks later...

I started my holiday shopping.  So far I got my Mother Estee Lauder and my niece diamond earrings. When I was her age, I was into Calvin Klein.  I remember my friend and I telling Santa at the mall that we wanted Calvin Klein wardrobes.  

Shopping more.  Shopped for 2 more people.  

Edited by brilac
  • Upvote 1
10 hours ago, brilac said:

I started my holiday shopping.  So far I got my Mother Estee Lauder and my niece diamond earrings. When I was her age, I was into Calvin Klein.  I remember my friend and I telling Santa at the mall that we wanted Calvin Klein wardrobes.  

Shopping more.  Shopped for 2 more people.  

I am not even stepping foot in a Mall this year, it'll all be Amazon shopping.  I bought myself some kicks, a pair of puma's and some sketcher slip-ons for my birthday and finally got my water-proof mp3 player for swimming.

I lost a tupperware lid last night and was pretty upset about it lol.  Where do these things disappear too?  I googled it to see I am not alone, it's on the list of top 10 disappearing household items.  

2 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

I am not even stepping foot in a Mall this year, it'll all be Amazon shopping.  I bought myself some kicks, a pair of puma's and some sketcher slip-ons for my birthday and finally got my water-proof mp3 player for swimming.

I lost a tupperware lid last night and was pretty upset about it lol.  Where do these things disappear too?  I googled it to see I am not alone, it's on the list of top 10 disappearing household items.  

It's much more convenient to sit in front of the TV, watch hockey or a movie, and do the holiday shopping.  It's a click click, and your done.  Plus there's a lot of people out holiday shopping, and some get a little crazy over those deals.

• Upvote 1

Listening to NKOTB.  I remember when I was 7 or 8, and Joey McIntyre was my favorite.  What's neat is that in June I saw him ride around in a banana bicycle in the back of a room before the show, and no else noticed, and I was like - there he is riding around, and I am watching this. It was a neat experience.  Just watching and not saying anything. 

Edited by brilac

So today at the grocery store, I was asked for ID when buying champagne.  When I scanned the champagne at the self checker, I did not take out my ID, thinking I frequent this grocery store buying champagne many times.  But the checker wanted to see my ID and was firm about it.   I'm almost in my high 30's.  It's half and half now if I am asked for ID when buying wine or champagne or at the restaurants enjoying my lushness.  Until age 35, I was constantly asked for ID, and until age 30-32 in B.C. 

13 hours ago, brilac said:

So today at the grocery store, I was asked for ID when buying champagne.  When I scanned the champagne at the self checker, I did not take out my ID, thinking I frequent this grocery store buying champagne many times.  But the checker wanted to see my ID and was firm about it.   I'm almost in my high 30's.  It's half and half now if I am asked for ID when buying wine or champagne or at the restaurants enjoying my lushness.  Until age 35, I was constantly asked for ID, and until age 30-32 in B.C. 

Enjoy it while it lasts.  Last time I got ID was in the Summertime buying lottery tickets - I told the cashier she's going to be shocked.  "You were born in 79?" ^_^

I've been taking math classes at a college, and took the exam last night, and thought after taking it I was going to fail.  And was like, how can I fail?!  I like math, I enjoy the challenge, I can't fail!  And was afraid to check my email, and was coming to terms that it is okay to fail, that I am taking math for the challenge and as a hobby.  Then I checked my email 10 minutes ago and passed.  I received a 3.3 grade point in the class.   Maybe I will continue this hobby, that and hot yoga.  

On 12/10/2019 at 10:28 PM, brilac said:

I've been taking math classes at a college, and took the exam last night, and thought after taking it I was going to fail.  And was like, how can I fail?!  I like math, I enjoy the challenge, I can't fail!  And was afraid to check my email, and was coming to terms that it is okay to fail, that I am taking math for the challenge and as a hobby.  Then I checked my email 10 minutes ago and passed.  I received a 3.3 grade point in the class.   Maybe I will continue this hobby, that and hot yoga.  

I took level 2 first aid for work which was just a one week course and after an hour of writing my wrist cramped up lol.  I wish I could go back to school because I could use a new field of employment.

I keep looking at this picture that a friend of mine sent me a few hours ago.  It was taken about15 years ago.  It's a picture of all of us ladies out partying.  Gosh, I look so young!  My face was more round back then, and my hair was about the same length, and I had blond streaks in my hair, and am wearing red Leipsic.  I keep looking at the picture.  It was a happy time back then.  

• Upvote 1

I got myself a fancy fitness watch last week just before my holidays started.  I love it, especially while swimming because it automatically tracks your swim stroke and what not.  I even went for a 30min light jog late last night. 

Lately I've been watching movies in the sauna after a workout.  Got a free A8 tablet that I prop on the floor behind an ice bottle so it doesn't overheat.  Currently watching Reservoir Dogs, usually 30min at a time.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Today I didn't feel like going to Hot Pilates, and I had a hard time figuring out what my password was to login to cancel going to the class.  Then I was like - Hot Pilates it is!  Then I figured out my password an cancelled.  I'm extremely tired right now, and just woke up.  I booked a trip to London, and am going in a few weeks, and I have other things to take care of, and I wanted to get my hair done today.  I keep getting it dyed back to dark brown, and it gets fading back to the highlights.  And I haven't been to London in a long time, and I can't remember if I need my passport only or if I need anything else besides my passport to enter the country.  I think I need my passport only.  And I have other things to take care of.  I have many things I plan to take care of today. 

• Cheers 1