The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Definitive Thread of Unequivocal Boredom

Rate this topic

Tre Mac

1 hour ago, brilac said:

Oh my goodness Tre Mac, I went walking the other day at 6am with my face mask on at 6am for 50 minutes.  Walked up a few hills, and really enjoyed walking.  I had not been out in months.  Well, the back of my legs above the knees hurt! It hurts to walk, my goodness!  Any ideas on how to make the pain go away?  

Pretty much what Gurn said though I would add a hot shower.  No pain no gain!

• Like 1
On 6/23/2020 at 7:09 PM, Tre Mac said:

Pretty much what Gurn said though I would add a hot shower.  No pain no gain!

Great, I’ve been taking a hot shower every night, and the back of my legs have improved, no more pain, and I went walking this evening for 40 minutes, enjoying the neighborhood, looking at pretty trees and flowers.  

Found these today.  I used to really enjoy doing things like this. For the Grouse Grind, that was tough, and all I could think about was the pancakes at the top, like pancakes!  

7036677D-5F46-4878-9110-4232CA7795BD.thumb.jpeg.847632788fd630777eaa3731c3df452c.jpeg

• Cheers 1
On 6/22/2020 at 10:54 PM, Wilbur said:

I wonder if it's plantar fasciitis.  A few years ago a played ball hockey in the wrong shoes a couple of times which caused me to develop very small heel spurs.  Those heel spurs then triggered a bout of plantar fasciitis which made walking very uncomfortable and I'm no wimp.

Wasn't a good time when I first got plantar fasciitis.  Luckily, there are insoles readily available that completely solved the issue.  Still have to wear them but other than that it's like there's nothing wrong.

• Cheers 2
6 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Wasn't a good time when I first got plantar fasciitis.  Luckily, there are insoles readily available that completely solved the issue.  Still have to wear them but other than that it's like there's nothing wrong.

Ditto.  Doctor said my options were either inserts, orthodics, or surgery.  Although surgery wasn't really an option as the cure was probably worse than the ailment.  Figured I'd try the inserts before going down the expense road of orthodics (even though my health plan would have covered them) and they worked...almost instantly.

• Cheers 1
15 hours ago, King Heffy said:

8 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Ditto.  Doctor said my options were either inserts, orthodics, or surgery.  Although surgery wasn't really an option as the cure was probably worse than the ailment.  Figured I'd try the inserts before going down the expense road of orthodics (even though my health plan would have covered them) and they worked...almost instantly.

A co-worker mentioned when he had PF he had to walk on his toes - well I cannot do that so I wonder if it's something else.  

Figure-1A-Location-of-pain-and-swelling-in-Peroneal-Tendonitis-600x360.png.1b54c05967b0b5fa8ab9846672ee425e.png

Might be this.

Edited by Tre Mac
13 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

A co-worker mentioned when he had PF he had to walk on his toes - well I cannot do that so I wonder if it's something else.  

Figure-1A-Location-of-pain-and-swelling-in-Peroneal-Tendonitis-600x360.png.1b54c05967b0b5fa8ab9846672ee425e.png

Might be this.

Granted I'm not a doctor, but when I had PF the discomfort came more from the arch area and less so the heel area so there's a good chance it is something different.

• Cheers 1
20 minutes ago, BoKnows said:

Are you team Australia or team Oceania?

Oceania makes more sense to be a continent than Australia.

I don't know, I've always thought of Australia as Australia.  Your comment remind me of when my mother found a picture of my grandmother on someone's ancestry.com from Australia.  She asked the person how she knew my grandmother, and the person advised that they knew her.  My grandmother never said a word of it, she even said that she forgot her first language when I asked her as a child.  When her family came here from Yugoslavia, some went to Australia, and some went to the U.S.  We thought the majority of them came to the U.S., and some stayed in Yugoslavia. 

• Cheers 1
1 minute ago, brilac said:

I don't know, I've always thought of Australia as Australia.  Your comment remind me of when my mother found a picture of my grandmother on someone's ancestry.com from Australia.  She asked the person how she knew my grandmother, and the person advised that they knew her.  My grandmother never said a word of it, she even said that she forgot her first language when I asked her as a child.  When her family came here from Yugoslavia, some went to Australia, and some went to the U.S.  We thought the majority of them came to the U.S., and some stayed in Yugoslavia. 

Wow small world.  Sounds like you may have distant relatives down under.

• Cheers 1
Just now, BoKnows said:

Wow small world.  Sounds like you may have distant relatives down under.

Yeah, I have relatives from all over the place that originated from countries and settled somewhere else.  I even had family who were originally from the U.K., then grew up in South Africa, and then moved to Vancouver in 2000, and then last I heard, they moved to Montreal several years ago.  Canada was a much easier country to move to than the U.S. at the time, and plus their son lived in Vancouver.  

• Cheers 1
1 hour ago, brilac said:

On another note,  I am so burnt out right now, burnt out from everything, and I am so collective as I appear on the outside, and my head is foggy.  How do you make your head un-foggy?  

Exercise

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

I've been taking college classes there and here.  This quarter I am taking English, and previously selected Business as a major.  I'm not 100% about Business. I like numbers and putting things together, but I'm excited about Fashion.  I initially went to college for Fashion when I was 17 and graduated at 19, but it was for another Fashion degree, not Fashion Design, and have been thinking a lot about Fashion Design.  Right now, I work for a software company, and have been doing what I have been doing for many years, and it's good to spice up careers.  

• Cheers 1
On 6/30/2020 at 4:39 PM, BoKnows said:

Dumb question.  Do you guys have a lobster market out west?

Asking the wrong person I am anti-seafood. 

On 7/1/2020 at 1:49 AM, brilac said:

I've been taking college classes there and here.  This quarter I am taking English, and previously selected Business as a major.  I'm not 100% about Business. I like numbers and putting things together, but I'm excited about Fashion.  I initially went to college for Fashion when I was 17 and graduated at 19, but it was for another Fashion degree, not Fashion Design, and have been thinking a lot about Fashion Design.  Right now, I work for a software company, and have been doing what I have been doing for many years, and it's good to spice up careers.  

I wish I could go back to school but my learning days appear to be behind me.  

I haven't partied in months cause of Covid, but tonight I feel like I'm ready to let loose.  It's currently 21:42 EST and I can feel the adrenaline following through my veins.  I can't go anywhere cause I had some beer on the course, and with dinner with my parents.  My best friend is working until 22:00, and my other friends are busy being b*****.  Haven't felt like this in a while, can't waste this energy on a night when nothing happens.

• Cheers 1