The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Capitals re-sign D Dmitry Orlov [1 year x $2.57M]

ItsMillerTime

4 hours ago, canucklehead44 said:

Why could we not have signed Sbisa to this deal, instead of 3 years at 3.6M? I would take Orlov at 3.6 over Sbisa at 2.5 any day, that signing keeps looking worse and worse. 

I support JB and most of his decisions but you're definitely right in that this sheds more light on how bad the Sbisa signing was in the first place.

5 hours ago, canucklehead44 said:

Why could we not have signed Sbisa to this deal, instead of 3 years at 3.6M? I would take Orlov at 3.6 over Sbisa at 2.5 any day, that signing keeps looking worse and worse. 

Come back  after Orlov signs his next contract and compare the value then.

31 minutes ago, gurn said:

Come back  after Orlov signs his next contract and compare the value then.

He will probably have earned it though. I didn't mind Sbisa last year, but he was pretty janky his first year in Vancouver. I supported re-signing him, but thought he was a potential arbitration case nvm giving him a pretty sizeable contract. With EG he has become redundant while we are seriously lacking a solid OFD. 

• 3 months later...
15 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Wonder if opinions have changed over the past three months...

For some it never will. Obviously Benning saw enough in Sbisa to want to sign him through his development. Now that he is coming through the other side looking like a winner what is the likelihood he wants to resign in Van. I suggest quite high. Sbisa knows he has a management group that stuck by him and have faith in his ability. That counts for a lot in the NHL today. Drafted by the Flyers and traded by Anaheim. Wife from Vancouver. He resigns.

Archived