The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Kucherov Offer Sheet?

Provost

As per Hockeybuzz, there have been rumblings about teams giving an offer sheet to Kucherov once the World Cup is done.  One of the teams noted was the Canucks.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/Source-Rumblings-of-an-Offer-Sheet-for-Nikita-Kucherov--Buzz-330/1/79398

As entertaining as the idea might be (he plays both wings so could bump down either Hansen or Baertschi), I don't see Benning as the offer sheet type.

We do actually have the picks to be eligible to though, I would assume in the $5.6 to $7.5 range which means a 1st, 2nd and a 3rd.  Doubt he signs for $5.5 which is the 1st and 3rd.

I would rather see a sign and trade happen with Tampa if they don't think they can sign him.  As Tampa would want roster players for right now rather than futures.

Just now, Hortankin said:

I actually wouldn't mind this as much as I hate the thought of offer sheeting. Kucherov would be a great addition to our young up and coming team. Im all for it, get er done Jim!!

This would be a year to do it as there isn't expected to be near the draft talent, especially at the top end as the last couple years.  Even if the very worst case scenario happens and you win the lottery... Kucherov>Nolan Patrick

2 minutes ago, JohnLocke said:

If we should offer sheet anyone, it's Gaudreau. 

Sign him for 8.5milx8.

If Calgary matches, we've managed to screw Calgary for the next 8 years.

If Calgary doesn't match, we get Johnny Hockey. 

Boy if we did that we better lock up Horvat, Hutton. Gudbranson, and Tryamkin before they become eligible next year :)

Actually scratch the whole offer sheet idea... we are too vulnerable for retribution in a year :)

19 minutes ago, Provost said:

As per Hockeybuzz, there have been rumblings about teams giving an offer sheet to Kucherov once the World Cup is done.  One of the teams noted was the Canucks.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/Source-Rumblings-of-an-Offer-Sheet-for-Nikita-Kucherov--Buzz-330/1/79398

As entertaining as the idea might be (he plays both wings so could bump down either Hansen or Baertschi), I don't see Benning as the offer sheet type.

We do actually have the picks to be eligible to though, I would assume in the $5.6 to $7.5 range which means a 1st, 2nd and a 3rd.  Doubt he signs for $5.5 which is the 1st and 3rd.

I would rather see a sign and trade happen with Tampa if they don't think they can sign him.  As Tampa would want roster players for right now rather than futures.

Does this count as a real source?  Many of you posters here have more credibility than Hockey Buzz - SERIOUSLY!  

8 minutes ago, JohnLocke said:

Sign him for 8.5milx8.

My dude with what cap space..

8 minutes ago, Provost said:

This would be a year to do it as there isn't expected to be near the draft talent, especially at the top end as the last couple years.  Even if the very worst case scenario happens and you win the lottery... Kucherov>Nolan Patrick

Tankers should take note of where he was drafted as well.

2 minutes ago, Provost said:

Boy if we did that we better lock up Horvat, Hutton. Gudbranson, and Tryamkin before they become eligible next year :)

Actually scratch the whole offer sheet idea... we are too vulnerable for retribution in a year :)

This..a pissed off StevieY would be a threat.

11 minutes ago, JohnLocke said:

Sign him for 8.5milx8.

It's funny if Calgary matches they are screwed......but if we do sign him with the same contract terms we are winners?  Logic?

I'm not sure that would work for us capwise? We've got a bunch of RFA's we've gotta re-sign pretty quick and we've got just under 3.5m in cap space remaining? Miller should be gone next season and if Burrows sticks around he'll be a lot cheaper but still, fitting in Kucherov on top of all that? It'd be tight.

If anything I'd rather attempt a trade and move bodies, and Stevie Y isn't someone I'd wanna mess with.

Archived