The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Kucherov Offer Sheet?

Provost

10 hours ago, theo5789 said:

I don't see the big deal in worrying about offer sheets, I don't see any retaliatory actions in any recent offer sheets except the Backes/Bernier time. If the offer sheet puts us in a tight cap space and they want to offer sheet our players, well I'll take the draft picks in the better draft year plus have Kucherov. If any team offers Hutton more than 3.6 million a year, we take the picks, but if less then we match. Horvat is worth more, but I'd be surprised if a team makes an offer for him that we can't match that doesn't cripple their own team in the process.

Exactly the rational needed to make a bold move 

("If the ole boys club will not trade with me ,or respect me, an offer sheet may have desired effect " )

Icannot still see this team in rebuild mode for next 3 years especially with a few mediocre drafts upcoming.Now would be perfect time to cherry pick or snipe a player thru offer sheet scenario .trade off is one whole draft year blow off .

Offer sheeting is basically giving the other team compensation for the player we want. So, Tampa needs to be compensated for developing Kucherov into the player he is today. We get that player, after that long process of development, and Tampa gains several picks, depending on where the Canucks land the end of the year, could be a very valuable pick, or not. That's the risk Benning and Co., would have to take, if they wanted Kucherov. 

14 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Offer sheeting is basically giving the other team compensation for the player we want. So, Tampa needs to be compensated for developing Kucherov into the player he is today. We get that player, after that long process of development, and Tampa gains several picks, depending on where the Canucks land the end of the year, could be a very valuable pick, or not. That's the risk Benning and Co., would have to take, if they wanted Kucherov. 

I don't think Benning would have any interest in Kucherov.

31 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

I can't see it happening, but OS is most likely path to acquiring him. Lightening would have to quickly move Bishop, which I think they would be prepared to do, to keep Kucherov 

I can see it happening from someone.  Yzerman can't play the same hardball game as he did with Drouin who couldn't sign an offer sheet.

He would be a perfect fit and would be a guy good enough to be worth the compensation you give up for an offer sheet.  If we were going to do it, I think we would have already.

A trade is the more likely of the options if we were involved, and even then only slightly more than slim likelihood.  Most teams in the league need scoring, and a 30 goal guy who still has upside is serious business.

Archived