The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Jets D Jacob Trouba Has Requested Trade

JV77

1 minute ago, Monty said:

Not at all, unfortunately. The Jets have a lot of young talent right now, all jockeying for one of the final spots on the roster. Here are the players that are fighting for the final 2-3 spots:

- Kyle Connor: the belief is he will get one of the spots, but they aren't trying to rush him.

- Brandon Tanev: likely fighting for 4th line

- Andrew Copp: Made it last year, but lots of competition this year

- Jack Roslovic: Has been playing incredibly well so far.

- Chase De Leo: Hard hitting and has some skill, got in a few games last season and is looking to crack the 4th

- Brendan Lemieux

- Nic Petan

- Scott Kosmachuk

Far too many of their own developed players that have all been playing solid hockey. They owe it first to their own, home grown talent to crack the lineup.

IMG_0491.PNG

They have a lot more depth than I originally thought. Depending on any other move(s) Benning makes, I'd offer next years first as well and see where that goes. But with Trouba, who do we trade Tanev for?

2 minutes ago, Pears said:

They have a lot more depth than I originally thought. Depending on any other move(s) Benning makes, I'd offer next years first as well and see where that goes. But with Trouba, who do we trade Tanev for?

I don't get this fixation that you and Alf have for moving Tanev?  The same thing that makes him attractive to other teams is the reason why they should keep him.  He has some of the best defensive numbers of any player in the league.  The man is a defensive stud.  I think the worst thing that Benning could do at this point is start trading away pieces that now make up the strength of the team.  The rest of the rebuild can come through the draft and the development of prospects already in the system.

I think that you're just being impatient.

The Sedins aren't winning a cup with the Canucks.  Isn't this conventional wisdom?

2 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

I don't get this fixation that you and Alf have for moving Tanev?  The same thing that makes him attractive to other teams is the reason why they should keep him.  He has some of the best defensive numbers of any player in the league.  The man is a defensive stud.  I think the worst thing that Benning could do at this point is start trading away pieces that now make up the strength of the team.  The rest of the rebuild can come through the draft and the development of prospects already in the system.

I think that you're just being impatient.

The Sedins aren't winning a cup with the Canucks.  Isn't this conventional wisdom?

Impatient fanbase....not surprised. I think that's like that for most fanbases. 

Tanev's a stud dman, under-appreciated around the league for the work he's doing and has done. But who cares. As long as he's doing the good work for the Canucks, that's all that matters.

We have enough defensive depth right now, that we can now take the time to develop our prospects without putting enormous pressure on them. This is such a nice problem to have! And it's only going to get better as the Canucks have more draft picks. 

• 1 month later...
25 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Can anyone honestly say Trouba wouldn't be able to step right onto our top pair?

I would do a deal involving Tanev if the Jets were interested. This team needs D that can move the puck in the worst way.

Well Tanev can move the puck as well and a better defensive player overall. Sure he doesn't have the offensive skills that Trouba certainly has but with his team friendly contract and Trouba asking for more, I would stay put and hold on to Tanev

34 minutes ago, 250Integra said:

Montreal should offer Sergachev and a pick or something.

Would be a solid deal for both sides.

A Weber-Trouba pairing would be downright nasty. Imagine Weber mentoring Trouba to be a hard hitting 2-way defender like him. Montreal has gotta go for it now.

Something tells me if they do trade him it won't be to a Canadian team though. Nothing worse than having a trade like that come back to haunt you and being constantly reminded of it by the Eastern media.

13 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Can anyone honestly say Trouba wouldn't be able to step right onto our top pair?

I would do a deal involving Tanev if the Jets were interested. This team needs D that can move the puck in the worst way.

Moving Tanev is an option worth exploring IMHO. He is slotted into a 1RD role when he is actually a 2RD. Can he be a legit 1RD? Perhaps. I guess the assessment has to also expand to see where Edler slots in over the next 5 years. Moving Edler might be the correct move.

Getting Trouba is pretty tantalizing as I do see him as a true 1RD. He is a core d-man that a CUP contender could build around. That said Van's real problem is up front. Doing a major trade with the Jets to get Trouba which might mean moving forward assets is a tough deal considering how thin the pool is.

12 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Trouba doesn't want to play in Canada. He's said he doesn't see a fit on any Canadian team lol.

He's got 1 month to sign a deal otherwise he sits for the year. I say the Jets shouldn't trade him. Let him sit out the year if he wants. 

Hahah

So he has a say?

13 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Trouba doesn't want to play in Canada. He's said he doesn't see a fit on any Canadian team lol.

He's got 1 month to sign a deal otherwise he sits for the year. I say the Jets shouldn't trade him. Let him sit out the year if he wants. 

If you post this quote, they will go away.

9 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Would be a solid deal for both sides.

A Weber-Trouba pairing would be downright nasty. Imagine Weber mentoring Trouba to be a hard hitting 2-way defender like him. Montreal has gotta go for it now.

Something tells me if they do trade him it won't be to a Canadian team though. Nothing worse than having a trade like that come back to haunt you and being constantly reminded of it by the Eastern media.

Doesn't work though.  Trouba says he wants out because he wants to play RD and not LD.  Weber is a RD.

10 hours ago, 250Integra said:

Montreal should offer Sergachev and a pick or something.

Montreal is thrilled with Sergachev - just think he needs to develop more before making the show.  

Montreal are looking for a LD - that's their weak side.  

At RD they have Weber and Petry.  Trouba would be just as upset as in Winnipeg.  He wants to play RD and not be stuck behind two players.

The Jets are looking for the Trouba equivalent but at LD. 

Archived