The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Jets D Jacob Trouba Has Requested Trade

JV77

17 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

Edler isn't going to waive for Winnipeg. Maybe Detroit or Anaheim or another contender but not Winnipeg.

21 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Yes, but his no trade clause complicates things.

What about Markstrom + man do they need a goalie and Markstrom is way too good to play behind Miller.  

Trouba's a young d man I'd love to see here, as part of the ongoing youth movement. Yet another blue liner that is capable in all three zones and has many serviceable years ahead of him. Problems that would arise are cap space and tradable assets that Winnipeg would want. One deal that would intrigue me would be one involving Ben Hutton. I like the kid but like Trouba's defensive skills more. I could also see him as a great fit for Juolevi. Ben has great offensive instincts but his defensive game is suspect and his aggression is lacking. Trouba is much more rounded.

As stated above, this deal would create cap issues, as Trouba requires a new contract. This, conveniently, brings me back to my wish to see a deal with Elder being the center piece. I'd focus on teams looking to win now that have the cap space to take his contract. A contending team also makes it more likely that Elder waives his NTC. Possible destinations could be Nashville and our good old friends, the Florida Panthers. As dumping salary would be the goal, I'd be looking, mainly for a high round pick like a second or third ( I don't think he gets a first).

Our defense, moving forward would be Gudbranson, Tanev, Sbisa, Trouba, Tryamkin Larsen and, possibly, Pedan or Stetcher with Juolevi coming in the near future. That's pretty solid. 

:picard: 

That is to anyone on here who honestly believes the Canucks have a shred of hope getting Trouba.

Case in point. If the Canucks didn't have the assets to outbid local boy Evander "Sex Offender/Underperformer" Kane, what in the frack makes any of you think the Jets would even think of trading an established, young defenseman here?

It won't happen. There are far better trading partners with better assets that the Jets need. Teams that can afford to give up what the Jets would want (ie: Philly, Boston) without butchering their youth or futures. If the Canucks bid, they'd have to gut their futures, as they're bidding against teams with better options for the Jets AND they are a wildcard competitor for the Jets. It's completely asinine to think the Canucks are even in the Jets thinking here.

7 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

What about Markstrom + man do they need a goalie and Markstrom is way too good to play behind Miller.  

So you clearly have no clue about the Jets system and who they have in place, do you.

Hellebuyck, Comrie, Phillips.

Literally zero need for Markstrom. Like, none at all.

To me it seems like winnpegs 2 biggest needs are quality LHD and Goalie prospects. I would think about doing Demko for Trouba but they would probably want another quality piece on top of Demko. I'm not sure I would add too much, maybe Sbisa but I can't see them finding much value in him. Plus I believe they're tight against the cap?

Like someone else mentioned, Philly might be their best trading partner. Not just because they have great LHD that Winnipeg might be looking for, but also because for some reason Philly doesn't seem to mind getting bent over in a trade for a big player and Winnipeg doesn't seem to ever want to trade unless they're getting a massive overpayment back.

2 minutes ago, Monty said:

So you clearly have no clue about the Jets system and who they have in place, do you.

Whoa man, your tone, it's uncalled for. 

6 minutes ago, Monty said:

:picard: 

That is to anyone on here who honestly believes the Canucks have a shred of hope getting Trouba.

Case in point. If the Canucks didn't have the assets to outbid local boy Evander "Sex Offender/Underperformer" Kane, what in the frack makes any of you think the Jets would even think of trading an established, young defenseman here?

It won't happen. There are far better trading partners with better assets that the Jets need. Teams that can afford to give up what the Jets would want (ie: Philly, Boston) without butchering their youth or futures. If the Canucks bid, they'd have to gut their futures, as they're bidding against teams with better options for the Jets AND they are a wildcard competitor for the Jets. It's completely asinine to think the Canucks are even in the Jets thinking here.

image.png

As strong as the Jets are in RHD, they have quite possibly the worst group of LHD in the league. Morrissey could be a step in the right direction, but he needs more time. Getting a LHD has to be the endgame here.

Flyers have the opposite issue. They are incredibly rich in lefties (Ghost-bear, Provorov, Del Zotto, Streit, Sanheim, Morin), but the only good right-side guy in the system is Gudas. Add in different conferences, Flyers' need to compete now, etc., and it makes too much sense.

I can't remember the last time I saw a more obvious fit for trade partners.

4 minutes ago, Monty said:

Hellebuyck and Comrie are good but they don't exactly scream elite potential. They'll become serviceable #1 goalies, thats it. Demko has franchise potential written all over him. Never heard of Phillips tbh, so not sure about him.

1 hour ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

Ah, I thought you were talking about Tanev.

Value wise it's probably even, but Landeskog being their captain makes them think twice.

The reason Trouba wants out of Winnipeg (or at least what he stated the reason was) is that he wants more opportunity to play since Winnipeg already has Byfuglien and Myers. Similarly, Colorado has Johnson and Barrie in the top four on the right side, so I'm not sure why they'd pay a big price for Trouba, nor why Trouba would want to go there.

2 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

The reason Trouba wants out of Winnipeg (or at least what he stated the reason was) is that he wants more opportunity to play since Winnipeg already has Byfuglien and Myers. Similarly, Colorado has Johnson and Barrie in the top four on the right side, so I'm not sure why they'd pay a big price for Trouba, nor why Trouba would want to go there.

Trouba doesn't have a NTC so he doesn't have any say in where he goes, but you're right in that colorado would not want to pay a premium for him when they have a similar "issue" on their team.

Archived