The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Patrick Sieloff dirty hit on teammate Clarke MacArthur causes huge fight in Senators scrimmage

Odd.

He only played 4 games last season. He's been injured a very ton and very understandable why Ryan jumped Sieloff. Apparently Neil also got involved afterwards too. Very dysfunctional Ottawa team right now.

Fans got their money at this scrimmage, as for the team not good this could effect the team for the season. Seiloff was rumored to be the odd man out on the blue line this year, so he's trying to make an impression to make the team. So he's going to take chances to show what he is capable of doing, unfortunately this turned out wrong for him. If you actually look closer to the hit he doesn't hit him on the numbers as someone said, he blind sided him from the side, as soon as Clarke steals the puck and turns and he's hit. This is a great hit in a real NHL game, but in a scrimmage that's uncalled for, but that's the problem when you have a young player trying to make the cut for a new team. They make decisions in a game situation hoping to make an impression, just doesn't have the experience yet to realize sometimes you just can't do that in a scrimmage.

I'm willing to give Sieloff the benefit of the doubt. He is a bubble guy trying make an NHL roster, and he got a little bit carried away. He obviously did not try to injure one of the best players on the team. Honestly, if I am a sens fan, I would be angrier at Ryan for going after Sieloff. It's the 3rd day of camp, keep your composure support your teammate who is lying on the ice. If you want to be a leader, you will not gain respect by going after your own. And to make matters worse, now your going to be all over the media for the next couple weeks. Hope McCarthur gets better soon, concussions are never a good thing. Unfortunate circumstance for Ottawa on so many levels 

Great way to make an impression... Absolute garbage, I don't care if you're trying for a spot on the roster, you never ever tee up one of your team mates like that. He took exception to a vulnerable player, and hurt him, brutal. I hope Sieloff is sent home. Good for Bobby to go after him.

To top it all off, Macarthur is now wondering if his career is done. The Senators are also speculative if he will ever play again. Good job Sieloff, you may have ended your team mates career.

13 minutes ago, Jaku said:

Great way to make and impression... Absolute garbage, I don't care if you're trying for a spot on the roster, you never ever tee up one of your team mates like that. He took exception to a vulnerable player, and hurt him, brutal. I hope Sieloff is sent home. Good for Bobby to go after him.

Agree 100% 

Not sure why @ReggieBush minused you

1 hour ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Fans got their money at this scrimmage, as for the team not good this could effect the team for the season. Seiloff was rumored to be the odd man out on the blue line this year, so he's trying to make an impression to make the team. So he's going to take chances to show what he is capable of doing, unfortunately this turned out wrong for him. If you actually look closer to the hit he doesn't hit him on the numbers as someone said, he blind sided him from the side, as soon as Clarke steals the puck and turns and he's hit. This is a great hit in a real NHL game, but in a scrimmage that's uncalled for, but that's the problem when you have a young player trying to make the cut for a new team. They make decisions in a game situation hoping to make an impression, just doesn't have the experience yet to realize sometimes you just can't do that in a scrimmage.

He should've known better. This is not peewee hockey.

I'm not so sure Sieloff should be forgiven that easily.

14 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

He should've known better. This is not peewee hockey.

I'm not so sure Sieloff should be forgiven that easily.

I'm not condoning what Sieloff did, because if he was on the Canucks and he did that to Sedin I wouldn't want him on the team that's for sure. I'm just trying to explain why he may of done it, and of course as I said it's something he can't be doing. A very bad rookie mistake, and he will pay for it by not being in an Ottawa Jersey this year. 

1 hour ago, ReggieBush said:

I'm willing to give Sieloff the benefit of the doubt. He is a bubble guy trying make an NHL roster, and he got a little bit carried away. He obviously did not try to injure one of the best players on the team. Honestly, if I am a sens fan, I would be angrier at Ryan for going after Sieloff. It's the 3rd day of camp, keep your composure support your teammate who is lying on the ice. If you want to be a leader, you will not gain respect by going after your own. And to make matters worse, now your going to be all over the media for the next couple weeks. Hope McCarthur gets better soon, concussions are never a good thing. Unfortunate circumstance for Ottawa on so many levels 

I disagree 100%

Sens getting a head start on the Nolan Patrick sweepstakes?

The Sens are also without Mark Stone (he too has a concussion), Curtis Lazar has mono, Clarke MacArthur also has a concussion, and Patrick Sieloff appears to have blacklisted himself from the NHL roster.

Crazy start for Sens fans, that's for sure.

53 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

I'm not condoning what Sieloff did, because if he was on the Canucks and he did that to Sedin I wouldn't want him on the team that's for sure. I'm just trying to explain why he may of done it, and of course as I said it's something he can't be doing. A very bad rookie mistake, and he will pay for it by not being in an Ottawa Jersey this year. 

The reason(s) he may be doing it for (i.e. to impress the team) just isn't good enough. What was he thinking?

2 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

This is a clear blind side hit very similar to the one Virtanen got suspended for. Only difference was Virtanen didn't put somebody into the boards. In terms of the hit Angle and proximity to the glass, and the player being in a vulnerable position, I would call this a 4-5 game suspension. Bad hit from kid trying to get noticed the wrong way.

3 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

According to the Sportsnet Hockey Panel, Sieloff has a history of truculent play in training camp.  So much so, according to Friedman (I think?) that Flames management warned the veterans of Sieloff's play before camp started.  Maybe Dorion should have warned the Sens' vets.  Sieloff apparently did not do anything to earn the respect of the Flames vets at their camp...looks like he's doing the same in Ottawa.  Maybe this dude is wired like Bryan Marchment.

Archived