The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Bruins extend F Brad Marchand [8 year x $6.125M AAV]

Mackcanuck

6 hours ago, HKSR said:

Hate him all we want, but you gotta admit he's doing wonders on Team Canada next to Sid. 

One of those players where you hate him when he's on another team, would like (love is too strong a word) him on your team.

When you play with arguably the best player in the world putting up points should be pretty easy. 

Nonetheless he is an important piece to Boston. 8 years though, after this year. Interesting.

1 hour ago, Slegr said:

Foolish of Boston to do this deal at the peak of his career, coming off his point high last season and looking like he belongs on Team Canada. My guess is Boston regrets  the signing within two years from now.

I wish. My opinion of Marchand was forever sealed when he kissed his ring finger leaving the ice in Vancouver. Complete a-hole move.

Sadly, for anti-Marchand fans, like myself, he's just getting better. Good signing by BOS. He's got great skills and speed, for an agitator. And he probably agitates better than any other player. He's a small guy (5' 9") that gets in big players' faces and isn't afraid to get his hands dirty. He also scores a lot. (Theo Fleury-esque?).

The Canucks would be very tough to play against if they had Marchand. I wonder, do they have any players similar to Marchand's style?  Hate him all you want, for 5' 9", he's a hell of a hockey player. (and an a-hole)

2 hours ago, Strombone said:

Everyone has an Oswald Cobblepot. 

Their rat is:

Marchand @ 6.125M who had 61 points last season.

Our rats are:

Dorsett @ 2.650M who had 16 points last season

Burrows @ 4.500M who had 22 points last season

We're paying 7.150M for 38 points from two players who barely deserve to play these days.

Boston is still winning...

Our only advantage is that we're not stuck with either contract for 8 more years.

burrows was not paid 4.5 million last year.. that is his contract cap hit

i get your point though

burrows will be paid only 3 million in salary this upcoming season, reasonable cost for what he brings

On 26/09/2016 at 10:30 PM, The Great 8 said:

Too much term. People thinking Louie has a bad contract, look at this. This guy plays an agressive style of play which makes him a really good player rn, but 5 years down the road he is gonna be a completely different player. Louie plays a cerebral game like the Sedins and I expect him to play well up until his contract is up.

We hope he plays his contract out - Lu that is.

On 27.9.2016 at 11:11 PM, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

And?

Quote AV: "He plays to hurt players."

Marchand certainly is a talented player, but "amazing" is over the top. I would reserve this adjective for players that play with more integrity.

Archived