The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Your Sports Bucket List

ReggieBush

6 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

4. Old Firm

Despite not being a supporter of either side, I feel like this is the biggest rivalry in soccer. The politics, religion, and history that go into the match make it incredibly intriguing even if your not a fan of soccer. If ever given the chance to go to this match, I would not pass it up.

If you ever find yourself in Glasgow and need a ticket just hit me up (season ticket holder at Celtic) ;)

For the game last month I was offered one extra ticket. It's difficult as they're like gold dust and there are 52,000 + season ticket holders now but it's doable.

1. Canucks Cup on home ice. Almost happened in 2011 :(  Worth the money anyways, I had to do it
  2. Wrigley Field ball game, bonus points for playoff game
  3. Fenway Park against Yankees
  4. Yankee Stadium against Red Sox
  5. Michigan Stadium

6. Camp Nou
  7. Madison Square Garden for the Battle of New York (Rangers Islanders)
  8. Kentucky Derby - Clubhouse seats, full Derby gentleman dress
  9. Lambeau Field   Nailed that one last US Thanksgiving of all days, featured Favre and his name/# going up on the wall  ::D
  10. Big wave surfing - I don't care where, hopefully I'll charter and watch from a boat

1/10, damn near 2/10, so far. I've got a lot of work to do. They go on the list faster than they strike off.

I have made myself a bucket list and it has a host of sporting events I want to attend. But the one goal I wish to complete the most is to follow all 82 games the Canucks play in one season and watch each game live. So basically travel to wherever they play across the US and Canada.

its something I have been thinking about for sometime. It will take a fair bit of planning and a few dollars to accomplish, so it's really a work in progress.

17 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

3. North London Derby

Arsenal and Spurs have an incredible rivalry that has produced some truly fantastic matches over the years. If I could go to only one arsenal match in my life it would be this game. In fact, I would rather see this derby once, than 10 normal premier league games.

I've been to two. In the first, I was in the North Bank at Highbury, and it was 1-1 going into the final five minutes. But goals from Ian Wright and Tony Adams, in front of the North Bank, sent everyone into hysterics. I found myself four rows ahead of my seat, having been hugged by all and sundry after the third goal. It remains one of my all-time best sporting memories.

The second was at White Hart Lane, sitting in with Spurs fans when Patrick Vieira scored an injury time equaliser to make it 1-1. As a teenager at the time, it was a shock to learn new swear words. The racism was atrocious too.

My sports bucket list would be:

- Seeing any Canucks game in the flesh (I've still not been able to)

- Watching the final session of the final of the World Snooker Championship

- Being at the final hole of a tie-breaking game at the Ryder Cup to see Europe win

- Seeing West Brom win the FA Cup at Wembley

- Seeing Belgium win the World Cup (I have a cigar myself and my Belgian friend bought back in 1994, which we promised we'd only smoke when it happened...)

27 minutes ago, Captain Azzy said:

I've been to two. In the first, I was in the North Bank at Highbury, and it was 1-1 going into the final five minutes. But goals from Ian Wright and Tony Adams, in front of the North Bank, sent everyone into hysterics. I found myself four rows ahead of my seat, having been hugged by all and sundry after the third goal. It remains one of my all-time best sporting memories.

The second was at White Hart Lane, sitting in with Spurs fans when Patrick Vieira scored an injury time equaliser to make it 1-1. As a teenager at the time, it was a shock to learn new swear words. The racism was atrocious too.

My sports bucket list would be:

- Seeing any Canucks game in the flesh (I've still not been able to)

- Watching the final session of the final of the World Snooker Championship

- Being at the final hole of a tie-breaking game at the Ryder Cup to see Europe win

- Seeing West Brom win the FA Cup at Wembley

- Seeing Belgium win the World Cup (I have a cigar myself and my Belgian friend bought back in 1994, which we promised we'd only smoke when it happened...)

Captain Azzy being an Arsenal fan and Tony Adams being my all time favourite player I think I would have been in hysterics too. What an awesome event to experience 

The Canucks winning the Cup is obvious, but I don't think that's quite in context with the question.

There are tons of things that I'd love to do, but only 2 true "bucket list" entries.

1) See the Sooners play in Norman, preferably against Texas.

2) See the Bills play at home (in the cold), preferably against the Jets, or the Phish

14 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

Isn't the Red River Rivalry game played at the Cotton Bowl? Either way, would not turn down a ticket to that game!

It is. Wasn't thinking when I posted that.

I'm a bit torn, actually. While I'd love to see the RRR game, I still want to see a game in Norman. I guess I'd settle for TCU, Baylor, or the Cowboys...(Maybe there's three things on the bucket list.;))

Archived