The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Opening Roster - Finalized

Ossi Vaananen

5 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Goodness with the Subban whining. He's a talented offensive D who needs a LOT more development time learning to play in his own end and against men. There's nothing wrong with him being sent down to get that development time you bunch of emos... :rolleyes:

I wouldn't say I was whining, but I would just like to see him get a longer look. 

Subban creates too much risk defensively. He takes him self out of position way too often. He also seems to have a bit if a personality issue he seems to think he is the bees knees and will create a lot of risk on the ice. He also gets angry to the point where he will get stup id penalties.  I hate to say it but he almost seems Un coachable.  

4 minutes ago, stonecoldstevebernier said:

Subban and Sautner cut before Stewart and McEneny? :huh: Seems backwards.

I don't think Subban is WD's style of player, but he'll get a bigger role in Utica this year and its up to him to round out his game and prove himself as a worthy call-up down the line. Its obvious management views Stecher as being ahead of him at this point, which shouldn't be a slight to Subban as Stecher is a year older, but it makes things a bit tougher for him competing for spots on the right side.

Stewart got cut yesterday. 

I'm not sure why everyone is so surprised about Subban. Management made it pretty clear that he had a lot to work on defensively. 

Edit: Whoops, I got Mackenzie Stewart and Brett McKenzie mixed up.      

2 minutes ago, stonecoldstevebernier said:

I don't think Subban is WD's style of player, but he'll get a bigger role in Utica this year and its up to him to round out his game and prove himself as a worthy call-up down the line. Its obvious management views Stecher as being ahead of him at this point, which shouldn't be a slight to Subban as Stecher is a year older, but it makes things a bit tougher for him competing for spots on the right side.

I don't think that how we should look at it.  Subban and Sautner will probably be top D in Utica, and play an important role for the team.  Stewart and McEneny are staying only to fill hole for the preseason while we only dress 2-3 NHL defensemen every game.

4 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Stewart got cut yesterday. 

I'm not sure why everyone is so surprised about Subban. Management made it pretty clear that he had a lot to work on defensively. 

Edit: Whoops, I got Mackenzie Stewart and Brett McKenzie mixed up.      

More disappointed than surprised. I like Subban and I was hoping we'd get a longer look at him against NHLers. I can see the reasoning behind it, I just don't like it.

27 minutes ago, ajhockey said:

Subban already? Give me a break. Last year, he didn't get any pre-season games in and this year he only gets one? I feel like he's getting the short end of the stick.

His is always the short end of the stick. 

11 minutes ago, stonecoldstevebernier said:

Add John Negrin to the list of Dmen still in camp for the Nucks. :sadno:

Subban has a lot of great qualities, but one thing that stood out to me was that he makes poor decisions with the puck way too much.  I think with another year or two of guidance he would make a decent option as a 7th dman. Unfortunately for him, im thinking stetcher might be that guy sooner.

29 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Goodness with the Subban whining. He's a talented offensive D who needs a LOT more development time learning to play in his own end and against men. There's nothing wrong with him being sent down to get that development time you bunch of emos... :rolleyes:

Agree, our support is ridiculous. Half of them perch on the edge of their keyboards ready to complain about anything. Subban imo is nowhere near ready for this team yet. He needs more work on his defence. If we were struggling for players back there, ok we might take a chance but just aren't.

42 minutes ago, ajhockey said:

Subban already? Give me a break. Last year, he didn't get any pre-season games in and this year he only gets one? I feel like he's getting the short end of the stick.

Me too. I don't understand why he hasn't gotten longer looks. 

Archived