The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Canucks should sign Mike Richards

TDemko16

If Canucks can sign Mike Richards cheap 1/1 or 1/1.5 I would do it. Brings experience to Canucks young players in Horvat, Baertschi, etc. He's the definition of clutch. Apparently Bo is a fan of Mike Richards. Here's a stat! Mike Richards has 54 points in the playoffs alone since 2010! Meanwhile Sedins have done what?

JB and TL know better than to expose the future of this team to that type of element. 

Any minimal positives he'd bring to the team on-ice would be nullified by his off-ice choices.

Let him have his 4th chance with some other club.

I'm not afraid of taking the NIMBY stance on this one. 

2 hours ago, TDemko16 said:

If Canucks can sign Mike Richards cheap 1/1 or 1/1.5 I would do it. Brings experience to Canucks young players in Horvat, Baertschi, etc. He's the definition of clutch. Apparently Bo is a fan of Mike Richards. Here's a stat! Mike Richards has 54 points in the playoffs alone since 2010! Meanwhile Sedins have done what?

where does he fit?  Hank, Sutter, Bo, Gaunce, Granlund.  There is no spot for him, is there?

18 minutes ago, sonoman said:

It really seems there are 2-3 posters/trolls who are competing to see who gets the most negative votes

That could be, or they honestly think their ideas will help our team.  Yes getting Richards makes no sense for us to you, me, and most every Canuck's fan, but to some that might be different.  Should we assume we can mind read the intentions of others?  

No to Richards.  Simple. 

1 hour ago, sonoman said:

It really seems there are 2-3 posters/trolls who are competing to see who gets the most negative votes

i tend to agree with you

and they seem to use anti sedin rhetoric as the main bait

i have found the iggy button useful recently . never used it before

but the trolls are multiplying on here

Honestly I would be alright if the team brought him in as a 4th liner to take defensive responsibilities as I'm not sure what Granlund can do in that role (Markus did have a better CF% but his face-off percentage was pretty low last season at 40%, and I'm not sure how effective it would be to ease him in as a 4th liner if the team wants more out of him).  What's more, maybe the team could focus the Twins on offense by giving the other lines more defensive starts?  I think that's a way that the team could benefit from a Richards signing (grit, winning experience and face-off success notwithstanding, plus maybe he could still play up the lineup when needed).

Now people may cite character or other issues, but the value is there on the ice if he can be had for a bargain.  What's more, even the worst guys can still turn things around and there's no harm in giving him a shot when character guys e.g. Twins are still around and leading the room.   

Archived