The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Kucherov holding out until signed

Good on the player to take a stance. Imo he's right up there alongside Stamkos being Tampa's best forward and he's arguably their best playoff performer. 

Kucherov has nothing more to prove so it's pretty shocking Lightning management would prioritize others and leave him till the end, now having only $5.55M in cap space remaining. They may have dug themselves into a hole here.

...for the most part Kuch is overshadowed by the likes of Stamkos/Hedman/Bishop on that stacked roster but man is he a sure thing 1st liner. Easily worth $6.5M and $7.5M+ on the open market. Don't get what Tampa's trying to do here essentially forcing Kuch into a corner with the limited cap they have left. Numbers don't lie http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=123889.

What would it take to pry Kucherov away from Tampa? More than we have is my guess.

Would it be worth it to look at maybe a sign and trade with a package of Virtanen, 2017 1st, and one of our young D not named Tanev, Hutton or Juolevi? Too much? Not enough?

1 minute ago, DJSkingz said:

What would it take to pry Kucherov away from Tampa? More than we have is my guess.

Would it be worth it to look at maybe a sign and trade with a package of Virtanen, 2017 1st, and one of our young D not named Tanev, Hutton or Juolevi? Too much? Not enough?

Rather give away 1st, 1st, 2nd, 3rd then what Tampa will want...

That is the simple truth...

1 minute ago, DJSkingz said:

Answered your own question. Canucks just don't have enough organizational depth to trade for him.

Best bet would be an offersheet to force Tampa's hand. Likelihood of that happening is slim though just because.

Vancouver couldn't afford the inevitable Price for Kucherov without giving up alot of things we'll need in the future.

It was a stupid mistake to not sign him; He's one of the most important pieces on that roster...

and one of my favourite players in the NHL games XD

Don't get me wrong Kucherov is unreal but hes had only had 2 60 point seasons... lets not get to carried away here,  and yes he would command that on the open market, but  this is a completely different scenario.

Imo I bet Tampa is looking for a 2 year bridge deal around 5-6M to see if Kucherov will remain consistent before locking him up long term when hes around 26

2 minutes ago, logic said:

Don't get me wrong Kucherov is unreal but hes had only had 2 60 point seasons... lets not get to carried away here,  and yes he would command that on the open market, but  this is a completely different scenario.

Imo I bet Tampa is looking for a 2 year bridge deal around 5-6M to see if Kucherov will remain consistent before locking him up long term when hes around 26

42 points in 45 games played in the playoffs pretty much tells the picture of how valuable he is to any team. Hard to find ppg or near ppg playoff players these days that aren't bonafide first line players. From NHL.com, just wanted to show you how valuable Kucherov can be to any team and that's for playoff scorers with minimum 40 games played. 

Heck, when I scroll further down the list, he's above Stamkos and Stamkos is ranked 33rd on the list at 0.71 ppg.

kucherov.png

Maybe we should consider giving up Tryamkin and then some.. now before people rip me for this Stecher although its only 1 game looks really good I would let Stecher play this Regular season for the first 10 games if it works out we keep him.

Tryamkin is the odd man out he is only willing to play in the NHL its a big risk.

32 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Offer sheet. He's worth giving up a few draft pics for.

Hard to find guys with that type of potential though the draft.

We would have to have a deal in place to unload another contract if we were considering this. We have somewhere around 3M in space and would probably need an extra 4 - 4.5M for him to agree.

3 minutes ago, Bigturk8 said:

We would have to have a deal in place to unload another contract if we were considering this. We have somewhere around 3M in space and would probably need an extra 4 - 4.5M for him to agree.

I would probably trade a cap dump player with a prospect for a low end pick to make space assuming there was a verbal agreement made with Kucherov beforehand. 

34 minutes ago, logic said:

Definitley impressive stuff, but is really worth 7-8M?

They also have to resign Tyler Johnson next year don't they? He is also a big playoff performer is he gonna demand 6-7M as well?

They've got Johnson, Drouin, Palat, Sustr, and Nesterov to re-sign next year RFA wise. UFA wise, Boyle and Bishop will most likely be gone so that'll save them close to 8 milion spread out between 3 of Johnson, Drouin, Palat, Sustr and Nesterov.

Archived