The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Waiver wire pick up PROPOSAL Brett Gallant for Utica

1 minute ago, garthsbutcher said:

CBJ just put this guy on waivers, hes as tough as they come and will fight all comers. He might create a little more space in Utica for some of our younger guys.

When you pick a guy up off of waivers you have to keep him with the big club, or waive him again. Then the team you stole him from has the right to first claim. You can't claim him then send him to Utica unfortunately. 

18 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

When you pick a guy up off of waivers you have to keep him with the big club, or waive him again. Then the team you stole him from has the right to first claim. You can't claim him then send him to Utica unfortunately. 

We also get bumped to the back of the line for waiver pick up priority right?

18 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Thanks for the clarification. I think he will be given his outright release by the organization ect  but I could be wrong.

16 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Back in the 80's I worked with Gerard Gallant's cousin, & heard many a crazy tale. (PEI, Cape Breton legends)These blokes aren't the type to chat things out(counting to 10, etc...)

Another 5 yrs & this kind is likely extinct.

when i was at boot camp in nova scotia, this guy from cape breton was tough and let people know it.. everyone had to box. both him and i made it through our division and had to fight against fellows from the other residences. i made to 3 bouts before i lost this bretoner won the tournament ...one day he call everyone together, about 50 of us a challenged everyone to take on him and me...i said, are you nuts.? we were out drinking in this field once and all of a sudden he ups and drop kicks me. my beer and i went flying. why did you do that, i asked him..he said he was bored and just felt like doing it.. bretoners crazy? i think so.

3 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

when i was at boot camp in nova scotia, this guy from cape breton was tough and let people know it.. everyone had to box. both him and i made it through our division and had to fight against fellows from the other residences. i made to 3 bouts before i lost this bretoner won the tournament ...one day he call everyone together, about 50 of us a challenged everyone to take on him and me...i said, are you nuts.? we were out drinking in this field once and all of a sudden he ups and drop kicks me. my beer and i went flying. why did you do that, i asked him..he said he was bored and just felt like doing it.. bretoners crazy? i think so.

I tried that parallel universe, SJ, & I just couldn't run with those types. May have been relatives of that bloke you drank with(a generation on, I guess). Played hockey & brawled with them. Also did my boot camp in Cornwallis,(dead of winter, nasty cold!) NS(my parents were Maritimers).

In truth, did 3 yrs of the army-gig, but was dealing with depression(back when you didn't discuss 'such matters'). Had to head in the other direction..180 degrees, if possible.

Was a square peg in a round hole..but I'll admit to missing those days, in some ways :^)

1 hour ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

I tried that parallel universe, SJ, & I just couldn't run with those types. May have been relatives of that bloke you drank with(a generation on, I guess). Played hockey & brawled with them. Also did my boot camp in Cornwallis,(dead of winter, nasty cold!) NS(my parents were Maritimers).

In truth, did 3 yrs of the army-gig, but was dealing with depression(back when you didn't discuss 'such matters'). Had to head in the other direction..180 degrees, if possible.

Was a square peg in a round hole..but I'll admit to missing those days, in some ways :^)

i did mine in winter too ..i was in skeena 2 1957...september to march.  did you have to run up heart break hill?

11 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

i did mine in winter too ..i was in skeena 2 1957...september to march.  did you have to run up heart break hill?

Probably! But I run distance(long triathlons..all that nonsense), so that's the part I wouldn't think twice about.

Remember eating TONNES of scallops at the mess hall. Finally got wknd-leave(mouth always had me up shyte-creek), would take the ferry 'cross the Bay of Fundy. Had so many relatives in Saint John, NB.

All 3 decades after your gig.

5 hours ago, smithers joe said:

Ha! Joe

If you think he was crazy..........you should meet some of the women!..........Completely Nuts!..............but fun!

Archived