Ossi Vaananen

[GDT/PGT] Preseason Oct. 2nd - Canucks vs. Sharks 5 PM PST

Rate this topic

19 minutes ago, StealthNuck said:

If only there was someone who could organize and improve those...we could call them...'coaches'. 

we should've kep Gulutzan lol :frantic:

1 minute ago, riffraff said:

Weed during 5v5.

pcp on the power play.

Damn, I'd love to see the post game interview with Willy while he's on PCP.

Think he rocks back and forth a lot, now?

And he's wiggle that mo into a uni-brow

• Upvote 4

"There's room for anyone on this team who wants to play here and battle. He'll take somebody's spot if they don't battle." - Desjardins on Ruutu

Ruutu is working on getting himself a contact! That line was rocking the whole game. Loved Rodin's play as well, the guy always seems to be in the right spot, plus he actually forechecks and hits!

Pedan was strong and physical, good #6-7 depth D-man who has all the changes of improving!

• Upvote 1

If that Baer Bo Ro line sticks it's going to be a double edged sword. Those guys had some insane possession shifts but they also caught trapped in their own end a couple of times. Going to be interesting to follow them.

11 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"I had a few more mistakes than usual, so I have to clean that up going into back-to-back games. Tomorrow is a new test." - Stecher

Excellent! That means he's been told that he'll play.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"I had a few more mistakes than usual, so I have to clean that up going into back-to-back games. Tomorrow is a new test." - Stecher

Hang on a second. Are you telling me that Stecher didn't play a perfect game?

I saw a few nervous moments from him and a couple of wobbly passes. He hung on to the puck too long on several occasions. I'm glad he is aware enough to address it and hopefully he settles back down out there.

Juolevi had moments but is not NHL ready yet.

I thought Etem played okay and got in on the fore-check well. Would they actually ditch him for a pto guy? I hope not!!

Miller left too much room on the second goal.

Biega had a stinker of a game.

As much as pre-season is for players to make an impact and force their way onto the big club, I think Willie Desjardin should be under the same spotlight. 

Here are some re-occurring Willie D problems from the pre-season:

- Bad line changes in OT

- Poor line combinations in key moments of the game. (Dorsett on PP? OT?)

- Multiple too many men penalties which was a problem all last year. This starts with coaching.

- It's hard to comment on his line starts post TV timeouts, but this is something he needs to keep an eye on. Rolling 4 lines just doesn't cut it, which I feel he has been doing these pre-season games to get everyone some looks.

We're all talking about how short players leashes are and how they need to earn the next game, next chance to compete. Well, I think it should stem all the way to Willie D too. He should be under the microscope as much as any of the players.  So far I have found his pre-season coaching to be uninspiring and really hope that he can step it up. Better game management and more battle level out of Willie please.

Edited by Lord Stanley's Canucks
  • Upvote 1

Watching parts of the game right now after I got distracted by playing video games. Labate had some sharp passing with his helper on Ruutu's goal. And boy Rodin is going to be someone promising this season. He can easily break out this season. Also has some great chemistry with Baer and Horvat. Bummer we didn't win but how we played tonight wasn't too shabby. Can't wait for tomorrow 

4 minutes ago, Lord Stanley's Canucks said:

As much as pre-season is for players to make an impact and force their way onto the big club, I think Willie Desjardin should be under the same spotlight. 

Here are some re-occurring Willie D problems from the pre-season:

- Bad line changes in OT

- Poor line combinations in key moments of the game. (Dorsett on PP? OT?)

- Multiple too many men penalties which was a problem all last year. This starts with coaching.

- It's hard to comment on his line starts post TV timeouts, but this is something he needs to keep an eye on. Rolling 4 lines just doesn't cut it, which I feel he has been doing these pre-season games to get everyone some looks.

We're all talking about how short players leashes are and how they need to earn the next game, next chance to compete. Well, I think it should stem all the way to Willie D too. He should be under the microscope as much as any of the players.  So far I have found his pre-season coaching to be uninspiring and really hope that he can step it up. Better game management and more battle level out of Willie please.

There have been several posters on CDC calling or predicting WD doesn't make it to 

Christmas.

19 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"What Pedan did was worth getting 17 minutes for. We have to stick up for each other and his teammates appreciate that." - Desjardins

I thought that turned the game around for awhile actually

If LaBate gets cut I'll cut myself to honour his preseason in satanic rutual. Not because I worship Satan but because LaBate is clearly possessed by something and I'll just assume it's The Devil. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, LaBamba said:

If LaBate gets cut I'll cut myself to honour his preseason in satanic rutual. Not because I worship Satan but because LaBate is clearly possessed by something and I'll just assume it's The Devil. 

Start slicing banana; Labate has no chance.  (He should be on the team though)

• Upvote 1

Seeing Juolevi in person tonight at the game I have to disagree with the folks that say he's not ready - the kids positioning is great, he can make passes, steal pucks, etc. Yes he needs some more size but he is already better than Biega and Sbisa on D. Plus the kid skates like buttah. 

No word of a lie, when OT started I turned to my wife and said, watch, Biega will cough up the puck and lose us the game. 

• Upvote 2